Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 04:26 PM   #2641
mmkenn
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamingInMI View Post
Just arrived at the Grand Floridian for our first stay and we received some major pixie dust!!! We are the first guests in a newly remodeled room in Conch Key!!! I can't believe it - even my hubby is impressed!!! The room is absolutely beautiful!!! They just opened the building to guests last night! I just took a lot of pics (before the boys got into everything)! So excited to share! We're off to get lunch and then to Magic Kingdom. I'll check back in later tonight!
Sweet!! Love that Pixie Dust!! Looking forward to seeing the pictures! Enjoy your trip!
Old 02-02-2014, 04:58 PM   #2642
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circusgirl View Post
Hi, k&a&c'smom! Great minds post alike .
They sure do!

Thanks for the transportation info, I was hoping someone would know. I'm sure everyone heading there in the near future want to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Well said
k&a&c'smom Holler my way if you need anything
I've been busy, and miss a bunch of send-offs.ENJOY THE GRAND

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I could picture the new décor...I am joining the GF crew awaiting disneydreamininMI pics But if you like..I bet I'll like. I miss the prettiness of the décor already though Hope there's a Mickey Lamp
Thank you so much for the hug and the offer. Will do.

I don't think you missed the sends offs, people snuck away in the dark of night!

We'll miss the old decor, too - seeing as how we haven't gotten over the loss of the old, old decor!
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2014, 04:58 PM   #2643
grwrn
Earning My Ears

I have a stupid question...Are the doors to the rooms metal? Meaning would a magnet stick to them? I am thinking about decorating our door during our stay.
Old 02-02-2014, 05:00 PM   #2644
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grwrn View Post
I have a stupid question...Are the doors to the rooms metal? Meaning would a magnet stick to them? I am thinking about decorating our door during our stay.
I don't think a magnet will stick, but not positive. If I recall, people have discussed this for Christmas and have not had any success. I'll post a photo.

Couldn't find the one I wanted (close up), but here is one:

Ooh, found it!
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Old 02-02-2014, 05:31 PM   #2645
grwrn
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
I don't think a magnet will stick, but not positive. If I recall, people have discussed this for Christmas and have not had any success. I'll post a photo.

Couldn't find the one I wanted (close up), but here is one:

Ooh, found it!
Thanks! I will look for an alternative!
Old 02-02-2014, 06:01 PM   #2646
Grace&Carolinesmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just arrived at the Grand Floridian for our first stay and we received some major pixie dust!!! We are the first guests in a newly remodeled room in Conch Key!!! I can't believe it - even my hubby is impressed!!! The room is absolutely beautiful!!! They just opened the building to guests last night!

I just took a lot of pics (before the boys got into everything)! So excited to share! We're off to get lunch and then to Magic Kingdom.

I'll check back in later tonight!
Congrats! That is so exciting It will make your trip even more special. Looking forward to seeing the pics.

Quote:
Thanks about DS. We'll be glad to get through the next phase. I should say - he was diagnosed with thyroid cancer a couple months ago, and had surgery mid-December. I haven't wanted to talk about it until we were further down the road, but things look real good. It's one of the cancers with a nearly 100% cure rate for his age/type, thank goodness. We feel incredibly fortunate in that sense.
Sending big hugs and healthy thoughts Cancer is such a horrible word that infiltrates so many lives. I am so happy to hear that he is getting expert care and has a positive long term prognosis. It will make him an even stronger person and be an inspiration to many.

CR--May 2006 Poly--April 2007 Poly--April 2009
YC-- April 2010 CSR--Oct 2011 GF--July 2014
Old 02-02-2014, 06:13 PM   #2647
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just arrived at the Grand Floridian for our first stay and we received some major pixie dust!!! We are the first guests in a newly remodeled room in Conch Key!!! I can't believe it - even my hubby is impressed!!! The room is absolutely beautiful!!! They just opened the building to guests last night!

I just took a lot of pics (before the boys got into everything)! So excited to share! We're off to get lunch and then to Magic Kingdom.

I'll check back in later tonight!
Gah!
Pictures! Please!
I have no idea why you're touring the parks and spending time with your family when we need to see pictures of the newly renovated rooms. Sheesh. Some people.

Kidding. enjoy, but when you get a sec....get us pictures!
Old 02-02-2014, 07:54 PM   #2648
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Evening!

We are going to Disney THIS week!!!!

We had a bit of a scare.. Mom was admitted to the hospital on Friday. She passed out and hit her head, arm and shoulder. She is fine and was released today. Dr.s don't know why.. So I am planning on getting her a EVC in case.

I wanted to say about the door decorations.. You can make a cloth banner that you can hang over the door.. Then pin or sew your decorations on. Disney floral uses this to decorate doors.
Old 02-02-2014, 08:07 PM   #2649
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grwrn View Post
Thanks! I will look for an alternative!
I see DisneyDmbNut has given a great alternative!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace&Carolinesmom View Post

Sending big hugs and healthy thoughts Cancer is such a horrible word that infiltrates so many lives. I am so happy to hear that he is getting expert care and has a positive long term prognosis. It will make him an even stronger person and be an inspiration to many.
Thanks, much appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
Gah!
Pictures! Please!
I have no idea why you're touring the parks and spending time with your family when we need to see pictures of the newly renovated rooms. Sheesh. Some people.

Kidding. enjoy, but when you get a sec....get us pictures!
This really struck my funny bone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post
Evening!

We are going to Disney THIS week!!!!

We had a bit of a scare.. Mom was admitted to the hospital on Friday. She passed out and hit her head, arm and shoulder. She is fine and was released today. Dr.s don't know why.. So I am planning on getting her a EVC in case.

I wanted to say about the door decorations.. You can make a cloth banner that you can hang over the door.. Then pin or sew your decorations on. Disney floral uses this to decorate doors.
Oh, my - so glad your DM is OK, sorry for her pain and your worry. Getting an ECV is the best thing, absolutely. We used Walker Medical when I needed one for a knee injury, they were great - there are several companies, one right on property at BWI, I think.
Old 02-02-2014, 08:18 PM   #2650
bethclayton
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks about DS. We'll be glad to get through the next phase. I should say - he was diagnosed with thyroid cancer a couple months ago, and had surgery mid-December. I haven't wanted to talk about it until we were further down the road, but things look real good. It's one of the cancers with a nearly 100% cure rate for his age/type, thank goodness. We feel incredibly fortunate in that sense.

i am just seeing this, omg. how heavily this had to have been weighing on your mind. i completely understand why you waited to talk about this but i am just so sorry that you have had all this going on and we weren't able to support you. i have had three friends with i believe the same type of cancer, and they said the same, that it is so curable. but as his mom... the nightmare you must have been enduring all this time. i am so sorry but so glad for you that he is doing well.

Old 02-02-2014, 09:23 PM   #2651
Grace&Carolinesmom
DIS Veteran

COMPLETELY off topic but I just had to say.....I love Bruno Mars! He is such a class act. That halftime show was such a display of talent. He and his band are just incredible live. ...and he is so adorable

Now....back to regular programming. Keeping my fingers crossed to see some new room photos when I sign on to the DIS tomorrow morning before work.... No pressure or anything

CR--May 2006 Poly--April 2007 Poly--April 2009
YC-- April 2010 CSR--Oct 2011 GF--July 2014
Old 02-02-2014, 10:02 PM   #2652
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
COMPLETELY off topic but I just had to say.....I love Bruno Mars! He is such a class act. That halftime show was such a display of talent. He and his band are just incredible live. ...and he is so adorable Now....back to regular programming. Keeping my fingers crossed to see some new room photos when I sign on to the DIS tomorrow morning before work.... No pressure or anything
I enjoyed him too. :-)

Lots of work to do for school/work, but maybe when I take a break later I will have pics to look at!
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 02-02-2014, 10:10 PM   #2653
DisneyDreamingInMI
Mouseketeer

Just checking in now that we are back in our room! I won't be able to share the photos from my camera until I get home because I use the software on my desktop computer for downloading and editing. But I also got some cell phone pics, I'm just not sure how to upload them? Can I upload to Shutterfly or Snapfish and then post them here? Thanks!

CBR - March 1997, CBR - May 2004, Off-Site - August 2008, Poly - February 2012 (First Family Trip!), GF - February 2014

Old 02-02-2014, 10:21 PM   #2654
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just checking in now that we are back in our room! I won't be able to share the photos from my camera until I get home because I use the software on my desktop computer for downloading and editing. But I also got some cell phone pics, I'm just not sure how to upload them? Can I upload to Shutterfly or Snapfish and then post them here? Thanks!
I think photobucket is he best app for sharing on these boards.
Old 02-03-2014, 12:15 AM   #2655
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethclayton View Post
i am just seeing this, omg. how heavily this had to have been weighing on your mind. i completely understand why you waited to talk about this but i am just so sorry that you have had all this going on and we weren't able to support you. i have had three friends with i believe the same type of cancer, and they said the same, that it is so curable. but as his mom... the nightmare you must have been enduring all this time. i am so sorry but so glad for you that he is doing well.
Thanks, Beth. I really appreciate it. Yes, it has been with me every day since we heard. Even though I know it's going to be OK, that word is sooo scary, especially when it's connected to your child.

He really is doing well, he's working full time and has had no ill effects from the Synthroid.

Quote:
COMPLETELY off topic but I just had to say.....I love Bruno Mars! He is such a class act. That halftime show was such a display of talent. He and his band are just incredible live. ...and he is so adorable

Now....back to regular programming. Keeping my fingers crossed to see some new room photos when I sign on to the DIS tomorrow morning before work.... No pressure or anything
LOL about off topic - what?! Where?! Glad the half time show was good, we didn't watch. With 2 AFC West rivals (I know Seattle has moved, but I still haven't gotten over it, lol) in the game, I didn't watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
I enjoyed him too. :-)

Lots of work to do for school/work, but maybe when I take a break later I will have pics to look at!

Quote:
Yes, you can use any photo hosting site you like. As Scott MC said, many people use Photobucket (I do), but there are plenty of others out there. I think there's even one here on the DIS, but I haven't checked it out.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: