Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 02:22 PM   #2386
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
Hi Friends! Can I scoot back in here?

I have so much to catch up on-- had to take a leave of absence for a bit to deal with the No GF Trip Booking Blues, but as you can see from my ticker, (and thanks to an awesome 35% off pin!), we are headed back in Sept to SL again!

Hope everyone is well and I'm looking forward to catching up with all the trips and goings ons that have occurred while I've been a sulking brat.

Have a Grand Day!
We were only there 1/1-1/2 but took full advantage of it. Have to say the food was great. With our KTTW card we were able to access it all check out day even though we were around the corner at the villas.

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL 19 17
Old 01-20-2014, 02:56 PM   #2387
Candy Orlando
DIS Veteran

I am having a Grand time.

I'm sitting at the beach pool. It's so warm in the sun, I don't want to go anywhere.

The Grand calls you so you just want to explore every possible experience.

My husband feel asleep at the pool. He really enjoys that.

The four palm trees that are on the walkway from the pool to the main building are my favorite trees at the Grand.

Candy
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2014, 03:05 PM   #2388
Lisann
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Orlando View Post

I'm sitting at the beach pool. It's so warm in the sun, I don't want to go anywhere.

The four palm trees that are on the walkway from the pool to the main building are my favorite trees at the Grand.

Candy
Thanks for the visual. Really. The Grand is my favorite resort.

I can feel the warm sunshine right now....ahhh....

I've stayed at: Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk Inn, Beach Club, Yacht Club and Port Orleans Riverside, Dolphin.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:24 PM   #2389
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
OF COURSE you are always welcome my Sugarloaf loving friend They all put up with me I can't help but lurk and love...I won't be at the GF anytime soon...but I love her

PAS~ My friend!! No one "puts up" with you--- you are well liked everywhere you go, just because you're you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
Good afternoon fellow GF fans!

JoBird Wecome back to your too! And congrats on getting a pin code too! I have heard that September is such a great time to tour the world crowd wise! Happy Planning!

me..me..me!!!! Cant wait...can you tell.... What were we doing on page 2... ???? LOL..Thanks for the bump!

My ticker is off a bit too..and I have no idea why?????? LOL.. Must be the "computers" fault...LOL... Hope that a GF room finally opens up! You and Mr Maxie could consider bunking with us!! LOL... your post gave me this vision of us realxing pool side ( if it doesn'tw arm up with our winter coats on!! LOL..)......Blue and Maxie LOL.... I am packing..and repacking now.....need to stop checking the weather reports for a few days... Cant seem to help myself!

~Beside the letter we got a while back with regards to the monorail operating hours...and what other transportation would be available in its place... Got a Your trip is Almost Here email the other day..with lots of good info in it...which is also an opportunity to advertise...lol.. but made me think about sending some fun stuff to the room..and also had a link to the recreation schedule..which also included info about the spa..the boat rentals and cruises...cabana rentals ( think its a little cold for that..LOL..) and where and what time to view the EWP...Really lots of good info..and good communication too.!

Hope that you are all having a magical Monday!

ETA....Anyone know what superbowl Sunday events if any are going on around WDW....my DH will be glued to a television somewhere...LOL...DD and I will be enjoying a lovely evening in a park..where there will hopefully be low crowds..because of all of the other folks watching the game...

Thanks Blue! This is our third time traveling in September but our first time later in the month- we usually go for the Labor Day week. Crowds are great that week, so I'm hoping for similar crowds later as well.

As far as you going soon--- How exciting!!
In September my DH and DS14 had a University of Florida game that they "had" to see, so we rented a cabana just to make sure we had access to a Television.
Hope your trip is perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
We were only there 1/1-1/2 but took full advantage of it. Have to say the food was great. With our KTTW card we were able to access it all check out day even though we were around the corner at the villas.
That is so awesome that you were able to still get into SL on check out day! I bet that made the Courtyard pool enticing!

Quote:

Candy
Sounds like Heaven!!!!
Old 01-20-2014, 03:38 PM   #2390
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Has anyone ever used the Ivy Trellis hair salon servces?
Thinking of booking a spot for my sister and I before V&A - if we're able to secure a reservation in Sept.
Just wondering what you might think of the salon?
Thanks!
Old 01-20-2014, 04:21 PM   #2391
followthatmouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Candy
Oh, Candy, I love those trees, too! There are other favorites like the crepe myrtles with their beautiful bark and deep, rich almost double blooms. Ah, to be at the Grand when Spring is comin'.

gretchenohar@hotmail, what a lovely idea before such a gorgeous dinner! We have used the salon in the past. The service was professional and friendly. The hairdresser had been there for quite a long time. However, the salon was closed for renovations during our 2012 trip . I don't whether the refreshed salon has changed at all.

Old 01-20-2014, 05:54 PM   #2392
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Thank you for the info, followthatmouse. I think we'll do it!
Old 01-21-2014, 06:27 AM   #2393
MommyGina
DIS Veteran

JoBird - Great to "see" you! Candy Orlando - thank you for the description of "summer". We are waiting for another 7 inches of snow here today. MariaMouse - the snow will be waiting for you when you get home.

BlueSkies -
Old 01-21-2014, 06:43 AM   #2394
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKaiTom View Post

Who else can't wait to say "SINGLE DIGITS???????"

(Bumping back up to page 1!)

Tom
I'm dancin' with you guys... But wish I was in single digits to make that dance even more meaningful!!

Old 01-21-2014, 10:37 AM   #2395
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Candy
Thanks for providing the inspiration Candy -- I'm a boater, for me nothing beats having my morning coffe on my balcony looking out over the marina, if only there was the smell of saltair and the soud of seagulls, I would never leave.

Tom
Old 01-21-2014, 11:35 AM   #2396
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Back at work this week after dealing with a bout of shingles ...thought I was "too young" to get it but apparently I'm not, according to my ever so l-o-v-e-l-y doctor ! On another note....

Last night, we started making a list of all the places we want to make our dinner reservations and one of the new places we are going to try this time around is Shula's . We will be renting a car and will have TIW for this trip - no DP. Does anyone know if the Dolphin follows the same valet parking process as the rest of the Disney restaurants or will we have to pay for parking to dine there? This is our first year using TIW and all of our signature dining so far has been at Disney owned resorts.

Old 01-21-2014, 11:41 AM   #2397
cgulls
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamingInMI View Post
Hi BlueSkies

We will be at the Grand Floridian for our first stay around the same time as you and a few others! I didn't receive the letter that you mention above and was wondering if you could share some of the details, particularly about what other transportation would be available in place of the monorail? We have two young boys and may come back to the room during the middle of the day for naps, etc. and I want to make sure I know the best way to do that when the monorail is down. Thanks so much, I really appreciate the help!
From MK: The quickest way back to GF from MK is the small ferry. It's a super quick ride. It's the quickest way even when the monorail is operating normally. To get back to MK, same boat. You'll stop at the Poly on the way back to MK.

From EPCOT: I read today that there will be bus service from Epcot's main entrance to the monorail resorts.

Last edited by cgulls; 01-21-2014 at 11:47 AM.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:59 AM   #2398
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post
Back at work this week after dealing with a bout of shingles ...thought I was "too young" to get it but apparently I'm not, according to my ever so l-o-v-e-l-y doctor ! On another note....

Last night, we started making a list of all the places we want to make our dinner reservations and one of the new places we are going to try this time around is Shula's . We will be renting a car and will have TIW for this trip - no DP. Does anyone know if the Dolphin follows the same valet parking process as the rest of the Disney restaurants or will we have to pay for parking to dine there? This is our first year using TIW and all of our signature dining so far has been at Disney owned resorts.
We will be dinging at Shulas in 11 days, not that I'm counting! I can't comment on TIW nor valet, but I will comment that the wait staff is wonderful at Shulas -- they kindly pointed out that a half salad is plenty for two, which it was, and that their baked potato is the size of a small football -- again good for two. My niece was most impressed, however, by them wheeling out the meat cart and going over every cut of meat -- and yes, her NY strip cooked "rare to medium rare" disappeared. I don't know where she puts it as she is a 15 year old size 00, but she is nonstop activity, so I suspect her metabolism as bit higher than mine.

Enjoy, I know we will as well!

Tom
Old 01-21-2014, 12:23 PM   #2399
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

Well, our flight home to NY this afternoon was cancelled due to the snow storm already underway. Looks like we will have to spend another night at the Grand! Such a beautiful day to have to stay in FL!
GF GV- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF LV- December 2011, AKL PV & GF GV- February 2007, BWI WV CL- February 2006, AKL SV- February 2005, Polynesian GV- February 2004, WL WV & Polynesian GV- November 2002, BC GV- February 2002, CR GV- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
Old 01-21-2014, 12:30 PM   #2400
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKaiTom View Post
We will be dinging at Shulas in 11 days, not that I'm counting! I can't comment on TIW nor valet, but I will comment that the wait staff is wonderful at Shulas -- they kindly pointed out that a half salad is plenty for two, which it was, and that their baked potato is the size of a small football -- again good for two. My niece was most impressed, however, by them wheeling out the meat cart and going over every cut of meat -- and yes, her NY strip cooked "rare to medium rare" disappeared. I don't know where she puts it as she is a 15 year old size 00, but she is nonstop activity, so I suspect her metabolism as bit higher than mine.

Enjoy, I know we will as well!

Tom
11 days....I'm soooo jealous
DH is a huge steak lover and has been wanting to try Shula's forever and since we are not on the DP this time, we figured it was the perfect time to try it but were wondering just how big the portion size was on the side dishes so I'm glad you mentioned that...I'm thinking 2 sides should be plenty for the 4 of us. And I hear you on the appetite of a 15 year old... my youngest DD is that age and let me tell you, she CAN eat!! When she and her fellow soccer friends come over, they eat me out of a house and home...the food consumption is unreal!!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: