Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 03:12 PM   #2266
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

How is Gasparilla's for QS dinner? I went for breakfast but that's it...
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 01-13-2014, 04:24 PM   #2267
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Good flatbreads and the "steak topped create your salads" were yummy and good for you!

Menus are on allears.net if needed.

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL 19 17
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2014, 04:45 PM   #2268
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Gasparilla's has a pretty nice selection of dinner foods... as the PP said.. create your own salads..ther are also good burgers...BBQ pork flat breads... grilled chicken sandwiches...and along with them some very nice side dishes...the cucumber salad..or tomato and mozzarella salad..and even house made potato chips!Yum! That soft serve ice cream machine is not so bad either!

With the expansion recently..there is a lot more seating than there used to be..and they have moved the games to a separate room..which makes dining there a lot easier on the ears!

There are menus available right here on the DIS...at WDWInfo too....

Last edited by BlueSkies; 01-13-2014 at 04:54 PM.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:09 PM   #2269
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKaiTom View Post
GrannyMinnie == I am with you. My mom turned 91 Christmas day -- up until last year she was relatively healthy other than severe arthritis in her spine. Over the past year dimentia became an issue, and the aide I had living with me to take care of mom felt she needed more than she could provide. We tried hiring a "2nd shift" aide so that the full time aide could get a good night sleep and that completely threw mom off her game. She ended up refusing to sleep in bed, and decided sitting upright in her "boost" chair was the way to go.

After a couple of months of this she developed cellulitis in her legs as the fluid never drained out of them as she was never flat on her back. So, the conclusion of the long story -- we didn't have to make the choice of putting her into a nursing home - the hospital where she spent 10 days for wound care related to her cellulitis made the decision for us.

So, I stop by (since it is on the way home from work) 2-3 nights a week - its tough watching someone that used to be so sharp decline -- and honestly, I find the moments of clarity almost harder to deal with. At least she does still have Italian mother guilt and throws that at me and my sister every day. But as my sister reminds me every day "It is what it is."

I hope your mom is comfortable and I'm sending you lots of sympathy and respect.

Tom
Tom,
I understand your comment re: watching that decline from what once was...the few moments of clarity my mom now has are almost a bright spot in an otherwise awful situation. She's is to the place where she is almost always more comfortable in bed now, and so we let her stay there. The dementia takes it toll, and at this stage, it is moving quickly. My dad can only stand by and watch helplessly..
I wish for you some comfort and peace where your mother's situation is concerned.

By the way, I had to smile at your mention of "Italian mother guilt". Tho I'm not Italian, I've seen enough on tv to know how they sound!!!

Old 01-13-2014, 05:11 PM   #2270
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
Gasparilla's has a pretty nice selection of dinner foods... as the PP said.. create your own salads..ther are also good burgers...BBQ pork flat breads... grilled chicken sandwiches...and along with them some very nice side dishes...the cucumber salad..or tomato and mozzarella salad..and even house made potato chips!Yum! That soft serve ice cream machine is not so bad either!

With the expansion recently..there is a lot more seating than there used to be..and they have moved the games to a separate room..which makes dining there a lot easier on the ears!

There are menus available right here on the DIS...at WDWInfo too....
I like several of their menu items but my favorite was that lobster cobb salad. Is it still there? We didn't eat there last trip.

Old 01-13-2014, 05:39 PM   #2271
Maxie86
DIS Veteran

Grace&Carolinesmom,

Your Magic Bands will continue to work for park admission for as long as your tickets are good for. In any case you are considered a resort guest until midnight of your checkout day. You can still charge to your room even after checkout. If you are staying CL you have lounge access until midnight as well.

Hi BlueSkies
Old 01-13-2014, 06:14 PM   #2272
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyminnie View Post
Tom,
I understand your comment re: watching that decline from what once was...the few moments of clarity my mom now has are almost a bright spot in an otherwise awful situation. She's is to the place where she is almost always more comfortable in bed now, and so we let her stay there. The dementia takes it toll, and at this stage, it is moving quickly. My dad can only stand by and watch helplessly..
I wish for you some comfort and peace where your mother's situation is concerned.

By the way, I had to smile at your mention of "Italian mother guilt". Tho I'm not Italian, I've seen enough on tv to know how they sound!!!
So sad. hugs to you

You are obviously a very strong woman.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 01-13-2014, 08:45 PM   #2273
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

Quote:
mariamouse Are you on your way yet??
2 days tomorrow!!

Just checked the forecast, though, and it is literally going to be high of mid-50's/60's every day. It was almost a high of 50 in CT yesterday! Any chance the forecast can change in three days?!

But oh well.. Mickey will give us a warm hug and make it all better!
GF GV- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF LV- December 2011, AKL PV & GF GV- February 2007, BWI WV CL- February 2006, AKL SV- February 2005, Polynesian GV- February 2004, WL WV & Polynesian GV- November 2002, BC GV- February 2002, CR GV- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
Old 01-13-2014, 09:04 PM   #2274
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
CandyOrlando and mickeynut, forgot to say thanks about the photo. It is very peaceful, I think.
You post such great pics . And I agree...that one is very peaceful.

Quote:
mickeynut Hey there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKaiTom View Post
GrannyMinnie == I am with you. My mom turned 91 Christmas day -- up until last year she was relatively healthy other than severe arthritis in her spine. Over the past year dimentia became an issue, and the aide I had living with me to take care of mom felt she needed more than she could provide. We tried hiring a "2nd shift" aide so that the full time aide could get a good night sleep and that completely threw mom off her game. She ended up refusing to sleep in bed, and decided sitting upright in her "boost" chair was the way to go.

After a couple of months of this she developed cellulitis in her legs as the fluid never drained out of them as she was never flat on her back. So, the conclusion of the long story -- we didn't have to make the choice of putting her into a nursing home - the hospital where she spent 10 days for wound care related to her cellulitis made the decision for us.

So, I stop by (since it is on the way home from work) 2-3 nights a week - its tough watching someone that used to be so sharp decline -- and honestly, I find the moments of clarity almost harder to deal with. At least she does still have Italian mother guilt and throws that at me and my sister every day. But as my sister reminds me every day "It is what it is."

I hope your mom is comfortable and I'm sending you lots of sympathy and respect.

Tom
I'm so sorry to hear about your mom .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamouse View Post
2 days tomorrow!!

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011

Last edited by mickeynut1; 01-13-2014 at 09:25 PM.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:08 AM   #2275
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Found this on dh phone:

Are you missing your recently removed tree too? The house is so bare

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL 19 17
Old 01-14-2014, 07:11 AM   #2276
trishadono
DIS Veteran

A VGF kitchen shot. Truly lovely and functional.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:02 AM   #2277
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
KonaKaiTom - so very sorry about your mom. Very, very hard.
Thanks -- it is a tough time, but what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. I appreciate the support.

Tom
Old 01-14-2014, 08:05 AM   #2278
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyminnie View Post
Tom,

Thanks -- the ironic thing -- she never liked dogs "I don't have a dog, I don't need a dog, I don't want a dog." Yet when I visit, she wants me to bring my 2 year old black lab -- and she lets him lick her hand and climb up (gently with almost no weight) with his paws on her lap so she can kiss his forehead. He has quite a fanclub -- 6 other patients have him on their list as a "therapy dog" visit. He isn't a therapy dog, but they all love him.

Tom
Old 01-14-2014, 08:06 AM   #2279
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
You post such great pics . And I agree...that one is very peaceful.

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom .

Thank you very much -- it is much appreciated.

Tom
Old 01-14-2014, 09:01 AM   #2280
Grace&Carolinesmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hmmm, to whom might you be referring?! I have said photos on the first page, or maybe this go 'round I posted a link to them. BRB.

ETA: TA-DA!! Photos of showers at Beach Pool house.

PS - I hope someone can answer the question about the MBs, I am completely out of the loop on those things.
See......I knew you would have photos You rock! I am pleasantly surprised how large the lockers are. I could not tell from the photo for sure....do you need to bring your own lock or is it one of those put in a quarter to release the key types or ??? Also--is it only one shower stall? And is the soap dispenser on the wall filled with soap and a shampoo/conditioner or should I pack a few from the room in my day bag? Very nice that there are also hair dryers there as well! I am sure our car service driver will appreciate the extra time we spend cleaning up in the showers before getting in his car.....

Quote:
Grace&Caroline'sMom - I forgot to say, kudos on your plan. I love it when I can save money by such a minor change. Love the Grand, of course, but PBH is wonderful, too, and the new rooms are gorgeous.

At first I was disappointed in the SMSM rate I received when booking for 6nts at PBH. Thought it was quite low. I just happened to be lurking on a dark side thread when someone mentioned that the percentage off for the SMSM is much better once you hit the 7nt mark. I ran the numbers and Wallah! An easy savings! It will work out well to get established at PBH and be ready to hit the new Harry Potter rides early the next morning. I am very excited to see the new room décor. The pics you sent me a few months ago are just gorgeous We have decided to just stick with the regular garden view room instead of the deluxe room. There isn't that much more space for the money difference. *IF* we have extra monies, I would rather just upgrade to the Portofino suite to truly gain space!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie86 View Post
Grace&Carolinesmom,

Your Magic Bands will continue to work for park admission for as long as your tickets are good for. In any case you are considered a resort guest until midnight of your checkout day. You can still charge to your room even after checkout. If you are staying CL you have lounge access until midnight as well.

Hi BlueSkies
Thank you so much! I thought this might be the case but I was unsure giving the many hiccups they have been ironing out with the magic bands. Is your credit card now tied to your account thru MDE or is it tied to your resort ressie on MDE?

CR--May 2006 Poly--April 2007 Poly--April 2009
YC-- April 2010 CSR--Oct 2011 GF--July 2014
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: