Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 01:42 PM   #211
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Hi again, Blue!
I think I have enabled my PM now!

Old 08-29-2013, 04:04 PM   #212
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyGina View Post
JoBird-safe travels and have a wonderful vacation! Can't wait to hear about your trip when you get back.
Thanks so much!!! I'll try to do an in depth resort review when I get back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemnerd09 View Post
I'm so excited that I just had to share this news. My parents and I have been going to Disney since I was three years old, and it has always been a dream of mine to stay at the Main Building at the Grand Floridian. When I found out that the main building is only club level, I was crushed since I knew we could never afford to stay there. Since I've been going to graduate school my mom and I try to plan a girls only trip. This year I was expecting to stay at the POP century the whole time since we're doing a cruise in May and wanted to save money. Turns out my mom worked some magic and we are still staying at the POP for the first time part of the trip and now we're spending four nights in the main building. She said that she was able to get a discount and since she retired this year and I'm finishing my Ph.D. we might as well celebrate. We are also going to Victoria and Alberts for the first time. Can't wait for it to be December.
Congratulations!!! You will love it! We were last at the Grand in early December for a wedding in the pavilion, with a reception in one of the Ball rooms. The resort is beautiful always, but at Christmas it is especially so! Make sure to get some roasted Chestnuts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
JoBird - safe travels! Have a magical vacation!
Thank you !!!!!! We are hoping for a Grand Vacation! I will be popping in here while I'm there, so if anyone has any questions they need answering I'll try to get them for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post

JoBird Are you packed..and ready to go!??
Almost all set now!! My DH hasn't started. Like, not at all. (He packs his own.)
And he said earlier that it will be a late night for him, trying to get it all done. I'm a procrastinator by nature but he beats me at the procrastinator game! Therefore I decided I'm sleeping downstairs in our DD's (the one that went to college!) room. He can stay up as late as he wants.... I'm sleeping!

I think I'm going to have a hard time keeping up with this thread while I'm away! It's got a great feel to it, k&a&c'smom! Seems like we are getting a lot of new faces here. Thanks so much for putting in so much work on it- we all appreciate it.

And with that, I bid you adieu! I'll check in when I can!

Have a GRAND week, everyone!!
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2013, 06:10 PM   #213
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyminnie View Post
Hi again, Blue!
Well, NOW I have! (thought I had taken care of it before, but not)

Old 08-29-2013, 07:40 PM   #214
bethclayton
DIS Veteran

have an amazing trip, jobird!!!! sigh, i SO wish i were back there! if you see jessica at mizner's tell her the family she gave the margarita mix and glow cubes to, is having a margarita party in her honor! and tell the orchestra that the crazy lady that videotaped them playing the muppet show on sunday says hi!

Old 08-29-2013, 07:58 PM   #215
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahcupcake View Post
Hi Mickeynut

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
MickeyNut Hope you are doing ok...
I am...thanks .

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemnerd09 View Post
I'm so excited that I just had to share this news. My parents and I have been going to Disney since I was three years old, and it has always been a dream of mine to stay at the Main Building at the Grand Floridian. When I found out that the main building is only club level, I was crushed since I knew we could never afford to stay there. Since I've been going to graduate school my mom and I try to plan a girls only trip. This year I was expecting to stay at the POP century the whole time since we're doing a cruise in May and wanted to save money. Turns out my mom worked some magic and we are still staying at the POP for the first time part of the trip and now we're spending four nights in the main building. She said that she was able to get a discount and since she retired this year and I'm finishing my Ph.D. we might as well celebrate. We are also going to Victoria and Alberts for the first time. Can't wait for it to be December.
You are going to love RPC . Congratulations to your mom on her retirement and to you on your PhD .

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
Hey, everyone, just thought I'd let you know, I've added more shop & restaurant photos in the last couple days, along with a Table of Contents with direct links to each post at the top of the page. (well, bottom of the first post, as it wouldn't look as good at the beginning, in my opinion!) Should be easier to get to the info you are looking for this time around.

I am nearly finished, I'm going to go over all the posts and my photo files, see if I have some room for a few more pics, if necessary. (each post is only allowed 25 images) I left myself a couple spaces for more DVC info, and extra photos as the need arises.
Thanks for everything you do .

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
And with that, I bid you adieu! I'll check in when I can!
Have a great trip .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 08-29-2013, 09:17 PM   #216
chemnerd09
Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the congratulations. We've stayed at GF before in a turret room in one of the outer buildings. The Grand is definitely my favorite because I love Victorian architecture. The thread looks great. I love looking at all the pictures. Its giving me ideas for when I go, and since I just figured out how to use the manual settings on my Nikon, I can't wait. The last time we went in March I came back with close to 900 pictures (not all good) and that was just using the auto settings.

Old 08-30-2013, 06:38 AM   #217
Hisgirl
DIS Veteran

This is getting me SO excited for our trip!

BethClayton ~ I JUST now went back and reread your announcement of the upgrade! Oh my ever lovin goodNESS! That made my heart jump! That's just about one of the most exciting surprises I've ever heard! (I was looking at your pics and was thinking wow, somebody's walking in high cotton! )

Can't wait to hear more we're-here-now reports. This is so wonderful!

I'm going to be contacting the resort for room requests about 10 days from our trip, but...my M&D will be celebrating their 63rd anniversary and I am hoping, hoping that something magical will happen wit their room but...I want to request close rooms so I can keep an eye on them, but I don't want that request to interfere with them getting an upgrade. Gosh, I sure hope some pixie dust comes their way!
Old 08-30-2013, 07:04 AM   #218
jojomickey
Mouseketeer

Thank you for the pictures that suite is something else!!!!!
It takes me a while to get out of my depression when I leave to come home
Old 08-30-2013, 07:11 AM   #219
jojomickey
Mouseketeer

Hope you have a Magical vacation at the Grand
Old 08-30-2013, 08:23 AM   #220
bethclayton
DIS Veteran

k&a&c'smom, thanks for the compliment on the lighting in the photos! i actually did have to shoot the ones of the room in manual shutter speed because in auto they were completely dark. they were a pain in the butt to get just right so it made me happy that someone specifically noticed that, lol! and yes, that was hubby trying to stay out of the way of the video. i was not going to post the two that had him in there and then i thought, eh, what the heck?

ahcupcake, i knew someone else had gotten upgraded to the suite and for some reason i had thought it was ScottMC. but it was you! we were there in december 2010 also, but just in a standard from for 2 nights before moving to PolyCL for a week. and also, i saw that you are from PA- me, too!

HisGirl that is too funny- maybe i should just go back and delete the part about the upgrade and let everyone who joins this thread from here on in think i am some super wealthy chick!

it's really nice to see this thread so active again.

Old 08-30-2013, 10:46 AM   #221
Steph2527
DIS Veteran

Ok..so I've just heard of these refurb's going on next spring/summer. We are getting married May 2014. Does anyone know what these refurbs are going to exactly entail?!! starting to freak out a bit!! TIA
Old 08-30-2013, 11:40 AM   #222
hevenzangl
Earning My Ears

Theme Park View

Hi all. So glad I stumbled on this site. We are going to Disney for our 3rd time in November. Right now we are booked for our first time at GF. It's always just been my hubby, 7 year old and myself. We've stayed at Polynesian (my fav) and Port Orleans-Riverside. This time we are taking my Mother-In-Law, who hasn't been since hubby was a young boy.

We have a Theme Park View booked, in an Outer Building. Does anyone have a pic of what that might look like? Polynesian has just opened up their Theme Park view rooms to my PIN, and I'm quite tempted to change our Reservation. As I mentioned, Polynesian is my absolute fav. The views of the Castle, fireworks and Lagoon were AMAZING. I would hate to compare the views from GF to that and be disappointed. There was a little show in the Lagoon at nights with lighted boats and such that my daughter so enjoyed, and I'm wondering if that's visible from GF Theme Park view rooms.

I would love to hear what all you folks have to say. Obviously, you're GF fans! Tell me why!

TIA!

~Jen
Old 08-30-2013, 12:36 PM   #223
ahcupcake
Mouseketeer

Good Afternoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethclayton View Post

ahcupcake, i knew someone else had gotten upgraded to the suite and for some reason i had thought it was ScottMC. but it was you! we were there in december 2010 also, but just in a standard from for 2 nights before moving to PolyCL for a week. and also, i saw that you are from PA- me, too!
That was me,Scott was just upgraded to RPC..We were there right after they taped the 2010 Christmas parade so Ryan Seacrest was previous suite occupant..Hope you don't mind but I borrowed some of your Grand Suite pics for my pinterest board..PM me if you want a link to the board or an invite to join if you're not member, I also posted a video tour......Too funny that you're a PA girl too. I'm in the birth place of Country star Taylor Swift and a few professional athletes.

Quote:
Hi Grannyminnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph2527 View Post
Ok..so I've just heard of these refurb's going on next spring/summer. We are getting married May 2014. Does anyone know what these refurbs are going to exactly entail?!! starting to freak out a bit!! TIA
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevenzangl View Post
Hi all. So glad I stumbled on this site. We are going to Disney for our 3rd time in November. Right now we are booked for our first time at GF. It's always just been my hubby, 7 year old and myself. We've stayed at Polynesian (my fav) and Port Orleans-Riverside. This time we are taking my Mother-In-Law, who hasn't been since hubby was a young boy.

We have a Theme Park View booked, in an Outer Building. Does anyone have a pic of what that might look like? Polynesian has just opened up their Theme Park view rooms to my PIN, and I'm quite tempted to change our Reservation. As I mentioned, Polynesian is my absolute fav. The views of the Castle, fireworks and Lagoon were AMAZING. I would hate to compare the views from GF to that and be disappointed. There was a little show in the Lagoon at nights with lighted boats and such that my daughter so enjoyed, and I'm wondering if that's visible from GF Theme Park view rooms.

I would love to hear what all you folks have to say. Obviously, you're GF fans! Tell me why!

TIA!

~Jen
Welcome Jen!

I found this post by phyllis1966 on page 12 of this thread with pics taken from Conch Key
http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=172

There is also the Gf Photo Thread...
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1768829
Old 08-30-2013, 01:13 PM   #224
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi again, Blue!
Quote:
PM sent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph2527 View Post
Congratulations your upcoming wedding! There hasn't been any confirmed information on any rehabs at the GF..Just some speculation due to the fact that large blocks of CL rooms are unavailable at various times next year..for example MommyGina was unable to find an available room in RPC for all of July...

JoJoMickey I have a solution to the post trip depression ...book another trip This is called Disney logic.. Works for me everytime..

k&a&c'smom I agree with the PPs..lots of good info and pics! Thanks for keeping it all updated!

Welcome Jen! GF is a lovely resort for sooooo many reasons...its charming...great shops..great dining options...and an overall relaxed feel to it (and its our fave for all of those reasons)...very much like the Poly but in a victorian sort of way!??? I would recommend requesting Conch Key ..that building has lovely TPVs...and you can also see the EWP from there....that show has been on the waters of the Seven Seas Lagoon for a very long time..and a fave of my family too....One difference...Poly does have a better view of the MK due to where the resort is located/postioned...But the GF has a nice if somewhat distant view...

Hi ahcupcake Great video tour!

Last edited by BlueSkies; 08-30-2013 at 01:19 PM.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:19 PM   #225
bethclayton
DIS Veteran

ahcupcake ryan seacrest right before you? too funny! they told us that billy joel played that piano when he stayed there, that michael jackson, princess diana, and johnny depp all stayed there. and jerry and dick van dyke but one stayed in a different suite, i can't remember which. the whole time, the kids kept being like, "omg, i am sitting on a toilet princess diana sat on! omg, i am sitting on johnny depp's bed!" lol.

flattered that you used my pics on your pinterest, i will pm you to follow you.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: