Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 03:38 PM   #2176
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
I'm thinking of requesting Conch marina side? Are these considered GV? And could we see the monorail perhaps as well? :-)
Yes, those are all GV rooms. You might be able to see the monorail in the distance from some of the rooms a bit farther out into the marina (I'm sure another poster on here can confirm either way), but the better monorail view would be facing toward the convention center from Sago Cay (not the marina side of Sago Cay). Unfortunately, though, you would not have the marina view from there (only part of the lake, the convention center and the monorail).

I would probably give the Conch Key view the edge, but that just comes down to personal preference!
GF GV- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF LV- December 2011, AKL PV & GF GV- February 2007, BWI WV CL- February 2006, AKL SV- February 2005, Polynesian GV- February 2004, WL WV & Polynesian GV- November 2002, BC GV- February 2002, CR GV- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
Old 01-10-2014, 03:42 PM   #2177
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamouse View Post
Sounds like a great combo, mickeynut1! I am curious about AKL CL as well, so looking forward to (hopefully) reading your report soon and living vicariously through you!
Thanks . We love AKL, so I'm very confident CL wouldn't disappoint . I will definitely report back should we end up going. I can't wait to hear all about your trip when you return .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2014, 05:43 PM   #2178
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
I quick walk-in closet teaser for PAS !

For the record...now I must check VGF availabilty
I will not change...will not change

Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 01-10-2014, 06:14 PM   #2179
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

For all of us going in August...the park hours are out!!!!

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/p...gust2014v1.pdf

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 01-10-2014, 06:49 PM   #2180
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
For the record...now I must check VGF availabilty I will not change...will not change
Hi!!
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 01-10-2014, 07:07 PM   #2181
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
For all of us going in August...the park hours are out!!!!

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/p...gust2014v1.pdf
Oooooh...thanks Mousemommy! Going to check it out now with a glass of wine. Just got home from winter ball dress shopping with my youngest DD and I'm completely !!

Old 01-10-2014, 07:12 PM   #2182
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Those villas look awful nice

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 01-10-2014, 07:17 PM   #2183
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

You know I'd love that change....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post
Oooooh...thanks Mousemommy! Going to check it out now with a glass of wine. Just got home from winter ball dress shopping with my youngest DD and I'm completely !!
I'm so excited!!! I had gotten the planning form from IPO and was like....I can't fill this out, I don't have the hours!!! And then they came!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 01-10-2014, 09:10 PM   #2184
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thank you so much, k&a&c'smom! I largely have you to thank for my feeling so prepared for our GF stay. And we will definitely plan on bringing a pair of gloves (and probably hats too) in case! I will definitely be stalking the weather forecast up to the second we take off. Really hoping it will be warmer than forecast right now!

So true about the GF spoiling you! And I just wanted to write that I am so happy to read that you were able to bounce back from Sandy as quickly as you have. I remember your story as well and, living close by on the water in CT, can definitely relate. We were extremely lucky to only have damage to our dock, but were definitely among the worst roads damage-wise in our town. Here's hoping it will be a long time until the next storm rolls in!
Usually the time drags so slowly for me before a trip, but I must say work being so busy this week (and likely next week too) has made the time fly! So excited to board that flight down to FL and leave work behind for a few days.

Love the pic, k&a&c'smom!
You're welcome! Glad your remaining time is going by quickly, though I'm sorry it is due to a heavy work load. I hear you about looking forward to leaving your stress behind as you jet off to FL - it's a great stress reliever.

Sorry to hear your street had Sandy damage, and I'm hoping your next storm is far, far in the future. (or none at all, even better) We have tornadoes all around us each year, but our town has been so lucky.

I love that veranda outside the GFC. Kind of bummed it's the smoking area now, but they have to have somewhere. I'm glad the smoking is outside instead of in, so I try not to begrudge them one of my favorite spots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
DH's uncle lives in Florissant and his one cousin and her family live in Hazelwood and the son lives close by there too but I can't remember just what town.

I totally agree about the Poly. I didn't care for those bedspreads, but they could have changed all of that and still kept the dark colors .

Thanks for your input on AKL . I wish they still had regular rooms on the CL floor just for the convenience of accessing the lounge, but I'm thinking it won't be too bad. I think the biggest inconvenience will be going up to the lounge from the pool, but the WL lounge is on the 7th floor and we didn't mind going up there from the pool, so it will probably be fine . I'm hoping we can make that trip work as I really want to try CL there.

As far as the CR, we don't really care for the overall atmosphere as it resembles your average hotel with all of the concrete, but I really would like to try CL as it gets pretty good reviews. If we book there it will only be for 2 nights before or after our cruise as I don't think I'd be able to stay there for a week or more.

Thanks for posting the GF pic. The GF is just lovely from anywhere on the grounds .
Well, small world! My sister lives in Wentzville now, but her family lived in St. Charles for many, many years (just west of Hazelwood & Florissant). My son lives in STL, too, but on the south side in Kirkwood.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the ease of heading up to the lounge from the 4th. It does not seem all that bad to me, but then, I love wandering the resort, it's so beautiful. On the Zebra Trail side, you just walk down the hallway to the elevator on Giraffe Trail; if you are on Kudu, I think there is a stairway. We always request Zebra.

Quote:
I'm thinking of requesting Conch marina side? Are these considered GV? And could we see the monorail perhaps as well? :-)
Quote:
Yes, those are all GV rooms. You might be able to see the monorail in the distance from some of the rooms a bit farther out into the marina (I'm sure another poster on here can confirm either way), but the better monorail view would be facing toward the convention center from Sago Cay (not the marina side of Sago Cay). Unfortunately, though, you would not have the marina view from there (only part of the lake, the convention center and the monorail).

I would probably give the Conch Key view the edge, but that just comes down to personal preference!
Yes, you can see the monorail from all the rooms on the marina side of Conch, check out this post for photos of the view from the 5th floor, room closest to SL (7501, if I recall). This post has photos of the Sago Cay views of marina and out the back at the monorail.

I agree, I prefer the location and views from Conch Key, but many people like the quiet of Sago. ETA: it may not be evident from the Sago photos, but you have to choose between marina view and monorail view; in Conch, you get both.

Quote:

We'll see.

Quote:

I'm so excited!!! I had gotten the planning form from IPO and was like....I can't fill this out, I don't have the hours!!! And then they came!!!
Thanks for the info, btw.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 01-10-2014, 11:58 PM   #2185
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
You're welcome! Glad your remaining time is going by quickly, though I'm sorry it is due to a heavy work load. I hear you about looking forward to leaving your stress behind as you jet off to FL - it's a great stress reliever. Sorry to hear your street had Sandy damage, and I'm hoping your next storm is far, far in the future. (or none at all, even better) We have tornadoes all around us each year, but our town has been so lucky. I love that veranda outside the GFC. Kind of bummed it's the smoking area now, but they have to have somewhere. I'm glad the smoking is outside instead of in, so I try not to begrudge them one of my favorite spots. Well, small world! My sister lives in Wentzville now, but her family lived in St. Charles for many, many years (just west of Hazelwood & Florissant). My son lives in STL, too, but on the south side in Kirkwood. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the ease of heading up to the lounge from the 4th. It does not seem all that bad to me, but then, I love wandering the resort, it's so beautiful. On the Zebra Trail side, you just walk down the hallway to the elevator on Giraffe Trail; if you are on Kudu, I think there is a stairway. We always request Zebra. Yes, you can see the monorail from all the rooms on the marina side of Conch, check out this post for photos of the view from the 5th floor, room closest to SL (7501, if I recall). This post has photos of the Sago Cay views of marina and out the back at the monorail. I agree, I prefer the location and views from Conch Key, but many people like the quiet of Sago. ETA: it may not be evident from the Sago photos, but you have to choose between marina view and monorail view; in Conch, you get both. We'll see. Thanks for the info, btw.
Thanks so much for the links to the pics!! LOVE the views from Conch! :-)
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 01-11-2014, 06:40 AM   #2186
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post
I got my magic bands today! 29 days!
I was unsure of them at first but in the end even ds16 enjoyed the convenience. Also dd bought us girls some bling for our bands
Quote:
We leave for the GF in exactly ONE week (eek!) and are so excited.

As nuts as it sounds, I'm most excited for that first moment when we hear the MK train and SSL boat horns from the GF grounds.
the sounds and the smell of the lobby too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamingInMI View Post
I know some of us have been wondering about the room renovation dates and details. I just saw this on EasyWDW (1/9/14) so I thought I would share:
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace&Carolinesmom View Post
It is so exciting to see who gets the first snapshots uploaded and the unveiling of the new look.
I will be watching for this too!
Quote:
Just hope they don't have anything as weird as those cheese wheels and fried eggs like the CR got
Lol we just got back from cr and I kept laughing at the eggy floor. Dh and dd insisted they were flowers but.... Ya no, they are eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyGina View Post
Yay! Confirmed that SL will be done by the time we check in on July 15!

Hi all my friends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKaiTom View Post
I will say this in a tongue and cheek manner -- unfortunately no, it isn't my first stay at the GF! As I found out, once you stay at the Grand it ruins you for all other properties!
Tom
If you try the villas the feeling gets worse!

Sorry if I missed this posted earlier. At gf they had this new tv screen with the bus times(didn't have at CR). The busses had a GPS device on it and the times were transmitted to the screen. It was so cool

We use GPS for our business but was awesome technology.

The screen would change sometimes and show the next bus time too. For ex. Animal kingdom had 6:02 for time on one screen and 6:20 on the second. Best part the busses came on time! There was also an attendant there observing. If they do this everywhere then wow busses won't be such a mystery anymore.

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL 19 17
Old 01-11-2014, 06:44 AM   #2187
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Also an advantage of staying at gf!!! When it rained they had a basket of nice dry fluffy towels by the door to the lobby when entering from the rain.

They don't have that at POP

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL 19 17
Old 01-11-2014, 06:58 AM   #2188
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi!!
You are going to LOVE the Grand!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Those villas look awful nice
OMG they really do! And I was booked in one..but yikes they are expensive!

Quote:
You know I'd love that change....

Thanks for the link Candace!! I would love to change to GF....but I am really trying to get everyone jazzed for WDW..and they are hooked on BC so far

Quote:
We'll see.
I can just put a rollaway in someone's closet

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
Also an advantage of staying at gf!!! When it rained they had a basket of nice dry fluffy towels by the door to the lobby when entering from the rain.

They don't have that at POP
I love that! Especially as the A/C blows on you!

Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 01-11-2014, 08:43 AM   #2189
Grace&Carolinesmom
DIS Veteran

trishadono Thanks so much for posting about the new TV screen at the bus stop with the bus times. I saw that on another resort thread where it was being tested. Glad to see that it has been installed at GF. So nice to know when they are coming in case someone needs to run back to the room to fetch something left behind This ALWAYS seems to happen with our family at least once a trip. Last time we were at CSR and DD decided to tell us she had a leg ache and needed medicine....only after we had already been at the bus stop waiting for the bus over 5 minutes. As soon as it came out of her mouth, I looked up and saw the bus coming for our park. We were the first bus stop and I knew it had to run the circle around the resort. I walked/jogged back to the room, grabbed the medicine, and made it to the last bus stop at El Centro right before the bus pulled in with the rest of my family. WHEW!

Yeah.....I am not sure what we would do with my DH if we stayed at the CR after this latest refurb. He LOVES eggs. The constant reminders of fried eggs on the carpets there would have him eating/wanting eggs all day long. His cholesterol is already high enough. I have the same problem when visiting Hershey PA seeing all those Hershey Kisses lampposts .....

CR--May 2006 Poly--April 2007 Poly--April 2009
YC-- April 2010 CSR--Oct 2011 GF--July 2014
Old 01-11-2014, 09:19 AM   #2190
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well, small world! My sister lives in Wentzville now, but her family lived in St. Charles for many, many years (just west of Hazelwood & Florissant). My son lives in STL, too, but on the south side in Kirkwood.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the ease of heading up to the lounge from the 4th. It does not seem all that bad to me, but then, I love wandering the resort, it's so beautiful. On the Zebra Trail side, you just walk down the hallway to the elevator on Giraffe Trail; if you are on Kudu, I think there is a stairway. We always request Zebra.
Small world indeed .

I think you're right about accessing the lounge. I don't think it will be too bad. I, too, love wandering around the resort. AKL is such a beautiful resort and since it is kind of out away from everything, it's make for a very peaceful and relaxing atmosphere .

Quote:
OMG they really do! And I was booked in one..but yikes they are expensive!
I agree....even though they are beautiful, they are quite expensive .

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: