Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 08:26 PM   #2101
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolie912 View Post
What company is this with?
It was one you had to already be subscribing to their newsletter...
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 01-07-2014, 08:28 PM   #2102
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Are there any Standard View rooms at the GF or are they all considered Garden View?
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2014, 10:10 PM   #2103
Mizzgolitely
Mouseketeer

Hi all - I just upgraded my room from a lagoon view outer building, to a deluxe garden view outer building - I see diff pics of deluxe rooms but not really sure which are accurate?? there was one I saw with a pull out sofa and 2 queens and had the little alcove by the window, then I saw another pic of no alcove, 2 queens - a love seat, and it looked like an extra little bed on the side???

does anyone have any input???
Old 01-07-2014, 10:12 PM   #2104
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Dd and I were in Summer Lace and were told new Disney Vera pattern was to arrive for spring,

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL 19 17
Old 01-07-2014, 10:22 PM   #2105
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnemimi View Post
I just finished making reservations for my family for our first time staying at The Grand Floridian. We are arriving June 6th and taking 5 garden view rooms. Do you think there is a building that is better than others to get these 5 rooms together? I requested Big Pine Key, but thought I should have asked the experts this question first....oops. Also, I read about some room renovations at the Grand Floridian. Does anyone know a schedule for this? It would be nice to be in a newly renovated room. We were to stay at the Polynesian, but with all their construction issues, didn't want to risk not having the volcano pool available. Sure appreciate all your answers I have found on this thread.
Disnemimi
You are going to love the GF . We stayed in BPK and loved the location. It might take a little work getting all 5 rooms together in any location, but I don't think one building would be worse than another as far as each individual building goes, it will just depend on what's available where.

As far as buildings, we stayed in BPK and loved the location. The GF isn't that spread out (IMO) so it doesn't take long to walk anywhere, but BPK is conveniently located to the courtyard & beach pools, main building, and Gasparillas. Boca Chica is also a good choice, which is located right next to BPK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKaiTom View Post
I got my Electronic Ticket in the mail on Saturday! :

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomChristine View Post
Does anyone happen to have pictures of Big Pine Key? Garden View views, rooms, entrance? Just curious!
I thought I had pics of the room and view from when we stayed in BPK in December 2010, but all I found were lots of other pics from around the resort. Hopefully someone will have some pics to post .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
So...they have a handful of rooms left at the great rate...do I snag one just in case? Or do I drop it since there's a good chance I wouldn't be able to use it and go anyway?
If there's even the slightest chance you'll be able to go, I say book it as you can always cancel .

Quote:
Are there any Standard View rooms at the GF or are they all considered Garden View?
Garden view is like standard view at other resorts as it's the cheapest room category at the GF .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 01-07-2014, 10:32 PM   #2106
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzgolitely View Post
Hi all - I just upgraded my room from a lagoon view outer building, to a deluxe garden view outer building - I see diff pics of deluxe rooms but not really sure which are accurate?? there was one I saw with a pull out sofa and 2 queens and had the little alcove by the window, then I saw another pic of no alcove, 2 queens - a love seat, and it looked like an extra little bed on the side???

I'm not sure, but I think they did away with the sleeper sofas as I don't think any of the couches are pull out anymore. I also know which pic you are referring to about the extra bed and although I'm not positive, I think it might be a roll away. I don't think there are any daybeds in the deluxe rooms, but hopefully someone will verify that (as well as about the pull out sofa) or correct me if I'm wrong.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 01-07-2014, 11:04 PM   #2107
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyGina View Post
Yes, the refillable mugs. The mugs had different color lids. Pink, blue, and black, if I remember correctly. Thank you!!
No problem!
GF GV- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF LV- December 2011, AKL PV & GF GV- February 2007, BWI WV CL- February 2006, AKL SV- February 2005, Polynesian GV- February 2004, WL WV & Polynesian GV- November 2002, BC GV- February 2002, CR GV- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
Old 01-08-2014, 06:52 AM   #2108
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Still freezing up here in NH!!!

Hope you are all doing well!

Question....my friend and her family will be joining us at the GF in August. Because we will be in the Sugarloaf building, they were looking at requesting Conch Key right next door. Are there any key points or request they should make? They have a garden view room. They are a family of 5. They want a daybed definitely. Any bad views there?

Any thoughts?

Thanks!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 01-08-2014, 09:32 AM   #2109
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Hello, GF lovers!! I hope you are all having a great 2014 so far.

All my kids are finally back home safe and sound. It was a great Christmas, having them all here - now, I have to get used to them being gone all over again.

For everyone asking for photos, there are a ton of photos of the various buildings and their views on the first page. I'll have to go check on the post number, but there is an index on the bottom of the first post with direct links. ETA: Post #4 has photos of the various building views, check out the links at the top of the post, and if you have time, all the photos and links on the first page.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 01-08-2014, 09:49 AM   #2110
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No standard views at the Grand, the room views are garden view, lagoon view, theme park view. Due to the way the resort is laid out, there are no views of a parking lot or even the entrance to the resort - all have views of at least the landscaping, and the marina side of Conch Key and Sago Cay are still considered garden view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzgolitely View Post

You may be confusing the outer building deluxe rooms with the main building deluxe rooms. It is very confusing for everyone! All the outer building deluxe rooms do have the alcove.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
I'm not sure, but I think they did away with the sleeper sofas as I don't think any of the couches are pull out anymore. I also know which pic you are referring to about the extra bed and although I'm not positive, I think it might be a roll away. I don't think there are any daybeds in the deluxe rooms, but hopefully someone will verify that (as well as about the pull out sofa) or correct me if I'm wrong.
You are right about the sleeper sofa, they did away with those unfortunately. You can request a rollaway, though.

I'm a little less sure of the daybed info, but I think that is correct, too - no daybed in any of the deluxe outer building rooms. (or the main bldg. deluxe, for that matter, lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Still freezing up here in NH!!!

Hope you are all doing well!

Question....my friend and her family will be joining us at the GF in August. Because we will be in the Sugarloaf building, they were looking at requesting Conch Key right next door. Are there any key points or request they should make? They have a garden view room. They are a family of 5. They want a daybed definitely. Any bad views there?

Any thoughts?

Thanks!!!
It has been very cold here, too, but we warmed up to mid-30s yesterday and are due for 40s tomorrow! I hope your area will be warming up, too.

We love the location of Conch Key, so many things are easily accessible. You've got the boat dock and Narcoosee's nearby, the back door past the marina and a short walk to Gasparilla's.

I don't really have any particular negatives to point out. With a family of five they should get a room with a daybed, no problem. (there are so few without them now) The only decision is whether to request marina view or pool view. Both are lovely, so even that is not a crucial decision. I guess it depends on whether they prefer to overlook the courtyard and the activity surrounding it, or the more peaceful marina.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 01-08-2014, 10:46 AM   #2111
cinmell
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there LOVES U2 & COACH bags

Good morning everyone!

It's been 11 years since we have stayed at the GF. We were in Boca Chica at that time. We booked a room in Sugar Loaf for this August but I called today to ask about possibly switching to a deluxe room and found that we had a pin code so we upgraded to a deluxe room in RPC with 2 queen beds. We're splurging for our 15th anniversary (thanks to a pin!)!

I saw some pictures on the WDW site of deluxe rooms in the outer buildings. My question is, do all deluxe rooms have a somewhat separate area with a couch/sofa bed and tv? Do they have balconies? The CM told me there are 2 queen beds but she wasn't sure about the sofa bed or balcony.

Thank you!

~~My husband never thought anyone would read my post nevermind respond to it!~~

Last edited by cinmell; 01-08-2014 at 11:12 AM.
Old 01-08-2014, 11:44 AM   #2112
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
Hello, GF lovers!! I hope you are all having a great 2014 so far.

All my kids are finally back home safe and sound. It was a great Christmas, having them all here - now, I have to get used to them being gone all over again.

I hope you are having a good start to 2014 as well .

Sorry that your kids have gone back home, but glad you had a great time wth them while they were here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
You are right about the sleeper sofa, they did away with those unfortunately. You can request a rollaway, though.

I'm a little less sure of the daybed info, but I think that is correct, too - no daybed in any of the deluxe outer building rooms. (or the main bldg. deluxe, for that matter, lol)
Thanks for confirming about the sleeper sofa . I thought they did away with those, but wasn't 100% sure. For some reason I didn't think daybeds were in any of the deluxe rooms, but wasn't sure on that either....LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinmell View Post
Good morning everyone!

It's been 11 years since we have stayed at the GF. We were in Boca Chica at that time. We booked a room in Sugar Loaf for this August but I called today to ask about possibly switching to a deluxe room and found that we had a pin code so we upgraded to a deluxe room in RPC with 2 queen beds. We're splurging for our 15th anniversary (thanks to a pin!)!

I saw some pictures on the WDW site of deluxe rooms in the outer buildings. My question is, do all deluxe rooms have a somewhat separate area with a couch/sofa bed and tv? Do they have balconies? The CM told me there are 2 queen beds but she wasn't sure about the sofa bed or balcony.

Thank you!
Congrats on the PIN......you are going to LOVE RPC . I've stayed GV, SL, and RPC and while the GF is an amazing resort no matter which room type you choose, RPC is just heavenly .

The deluxe rooms are larger than the standard rooms as all of them come with a sitting area with a couch and small table, however, I'm not sure if all of the deluxe rooms in the main building have the same set up or not. Some deluxe rooms have a bump out area which is where the sitting area is located, while others have the sitting area somewhat in the middle of the room. I have seen pics of a main building deluxe room with the sitting area in the center, but I can't say whether or not that is how they all are or if some have a turret area. I have never stayed in a deluxe room so my knowledge is very minimal, but hopefully some of the GF veterans will be able to give more detailed information .

Old 01-08-2014, 01:19 PM   #2113
Mizzgolitely
Mouseketeer

Anyone have pics of the rollaway beds??
Old 01-08-2014, 05:27 PM   #2114
sugarbobbin
Mouseketeer

How much of a walk is it from the outer buildings to the monorail? My mom has MS and I'm planning on what the best hotel would be for her by ease of transportation. She can walk fine, but in case she gets tired from the parks, I want to get back to the hotel as effortlessly as possible so she does not get too fatigued.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:45 PM   #2115
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbobbin View Post
How much of a walk is it from the outer buildings to the monorail? My mom has MS and I'm planning on what the best hotel would be for her by ease of transportation. She can walk fine, but in case she gets tired from the parks, I want to get back to the hotel as effortlessly as possible so she does not get too fatigued.
I stayed in Sago Cay last time and the walk from the monorail back was probably under 5 minutes -- there was a little cut through around the main building.

I think the only buildings you would want to not be in for your mom's sake, would be Conch Key or Boca Chica as they would be the furthest away.

Check out the map linked below -- It will illustrate where the buildings are in relation to the Monorail. Keep in mind that the monorail is on the second level of the main building so you would need to take the elevator down.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/grandflomap.htm

Tom

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: