Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 08:45 AM   #2086
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpotter1 View Post
We are in Boca Chica now lagoon view. So I know our noise level is louder but we are heavy sleepers and the fireworks/music at the MK has been waking us up. But hey that's the "magic" right!?
That lagoon view is just lovely! Hope that you are getting some sleep even with the sounds of some ot the "magic" being kind of loud! ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie86 View Post
Yes I'll be there the first week in February, my trip will overlap with Blue's for a couple of the days. It would be great if you could be there too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamouse View Post
Thank you so much, BlueSkies! Will be sure to check in while we are there!
Thanks maria!! The next best thing to being at Disney is getting hearing from others who are there!

bama belle Sounds like you are off to a good start...lots of fun GF plans!

mickeynut

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyminnie View Post
We enjoyed that too, with our Boca Chica theme park view! And also, when we were upgraded to theme park view in Conch Key, being even closer to hear the sounds in the am made it just magical!
I am a fan of the sounds too grannyminnie especially the toots from the water launch horn...

Obviously you and your sister do not share the same genes..going back to Disney too soon...never heard of such a thing!!

Another fan of Boca Chica for a GV room.... Love the proximity to the courtyard pool and the boat dock...

On another Boca Chica note..some recommended room numbers...this is building 8..so of course room start with the number 8...lol..Im sure you know this grannyminnie...just sharing for others who may be interested...I believe that 8128,30 and 32..have a nice pool view...on the first floor...on the second or third floor the second number would change to that floor 8228..or 8328..etc... JMO of course...

k&a&c'smom Is your full house emptying today.. or this week.?? My DS goes back to school at the end of the week...

BC thanks for that info!

Heard that Conch Key is the first buidling to be undergoing refurb...not sure if they have started yet... sure wish that we knew what they were doing and what it will look like...

Wow lots of good GF deals...congrats to all who have gotten them ...There is a pretty nice AP offer out too...I believe that at the deluxes the discount is 37% off... It might vary some according to the dates..but overall I think its 37% and applies to most dates thru 4/13..

Have a super Sunday fellow GF fans!

Last edited by BlueSkies; 01-05-2014 at 08:55 AM.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:44 AM   #2087
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
mickeynut
Hi Blue

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2014, 11:46 AM   #2088
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That lagoon view is just lovely! Hope that you are getting some sleep even with the sounds of some ot the "magic" being kind of loud! ...

Thanks maria!! The next best thing to being at Disney is getting hearing from others who are there!

bama belle Sounds like you are off to a good start...lots of fun GF plans!

mickeynut

I am a fan of the sounds too grannyminnie especially the toots from the water launch horn...

Obviously you and your sister do not share the same genes..going back to Disney too soon...never heard of such a thing!!

Another fan of Boca Chica for a GV room.... Love the proximity to the courtyard pool and the boat dock...

On another Boca Chica note..some recommended room numbers...this is building 8..so of course room start with the number 8...lol..Im sure you know this grannyminnie...just sharing for others who may be interested...I believe that 8128,30 and 32..have a nice pool view...on the first floor...on the second or third floor the second number would change to that floor 8228..or 8328..etc... JMO of course...

k&a&c'smom Is your full house emptying today.. or this week.?? My DS goes back to school at the end of the week...

BC thanks for that info!

Heard that Conch Key is the first buidling to be undergoing refurb...not sure if they have started yet... sure wish that we knew what they were doing and what it will look like...

Wow lots of good GF deals...congrats to all who have gotten them ...There is a pretty nice AP offer out too...I believe that at the deluxes the discount is 37% off... It might vary some according to the dates..but overall I think its 37% and applies to most dates thru 4/13..

Have a super Sunday fellow GF fans!
I can't wait to see what the refurb looks like!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 01-06-2014, 06:40 AM   #2089
MommyGina
DIS Veteran

mariamouse - I have to ask my DS to help be find a picture of the mugs and get them over here so that you can see what they looked like. I can tell you that they had Mickey and Minnie near a pool with Donald on it as well. The mugs are for sale in Gasparillas to the right of the grill on the lower shelf.

WHO DOES NOT WANT TO GO BACK TO DISNEY AFTER A RECENT TRIP!!!! I nearly fell off my chair when I read that.

Have a Grand Monday my friends!
Old 01-06-2014, 08:12 AM   #2090
Grace&Carolinesmom
DIS Veteran

Good morning everyone I have just been lurking the past month or so. Sounds like everyone has had a wonderful holiday season with wonderful family memories to carry them through this frigid stretch of polar weather. Ugh.....It is currently -17 degrees here

I have been crunching numbers for our vacation at the end of July and realized that if we switch our last night at GF to PBH making it 6 nts GF and 7 nts PBH, we can save an easy $350 because it will knock our nightly rate down at PBH with the SMSM rate another tier. We plan on spending our last day at MK and then maybe a little pool time before heading to PBH in the late afternoon/early evening.

....Which brings about the following questions. Will we encounter any problems with our magic bands for entering the park, buying lunch, etc since we will be checking out of GF around 8am? Also, are there showers and decent sized lockers at the pools so that we could get cleaned up before our car service arrives to take us to the dark side? If so, I am hoping that someone has pics of such showers and lockers for reference.....(yes--you know who I am talking to.....)

I finished up my Disney park itinerary yesterday. Just the rough draft before adding in the ADR conf numbers and FP+ reservations. I am still hoping they change up some of the FP+ rules before our summer vacation to allow for FP scheduling in two parks a day or a removal of the stupid tier system. Ugh.....If it stays as-is, we will make it work but would love to see these items change...especially for on-site guests

CR--May 2006 Poly--April 2007 Poly--April 2009
YC-- April 2010 CSR--Oct 2011 GF--July 2014

Old 01-06-2014, 08:39 AM   #2091
disnemimi
Mimi to 6 Awesome Grandchildren

I just finished making reservations for my family for our first time staying at The Grand Floridian. We are arriving June 6th and taking 5 garden view rooms. Do you think there is a building that is better than others to get these 5 rooms together? I requested Big Pine Key, but thought I should have asked the experts this question first....oops. Also, I read about some room renovations at the Grand Floridian. Does anyone know a schedule for this? It would be nice to be in a newly renovated room. We were to stay at the Polynesian, but with all their construction issues, didn't want to risk not having the volcano pool available. Sure appreciate all your answers I have found on this thread.
Disnemimi
Old 01-06-2014, 08:41 AM   #2092
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyGina View Post
mariamouse - I have to ask my DS to help be find a picture of the mugs and get them over here so that you can see what they looked like. I can tell you that they had Mickey and Minnie near a pool with Donald on it as well. The mugs are for sale in Gasparillas to the right of the grill on the lower shelf.

WHO DOES NOT WANT TO GO BACK TO DISNEY AFTER A RECENT TRIP!!!! I nearly fell off my chair when I read that.

That's MY sister! (at this time tho, there are extenuating circumstances )

Old 01-06-2014, 09:03 AM   #2093
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran

I got my Electronic Ticket in the mail on Saturday! :

I'm going to be on a conference, so everything is "different" from what I am used to - I got convention electronic tickets, I don't get my KTTW until I get there, and I don't have to pay for the room until I get there as I booked flight separately -- all my past trips have been through DisneyWorld.com -- but when you consider I got a rate of $255 per night for a max of 8 nights, I'm not complaining that it is a little more complicated.

Tom
Old 01-06-2014, 05:22 PM   #2094
followthatmouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
BlueSkies, it's funny you should mention the boat and ferry horns. We were out on Sydney Harbour last week. We passed a little boat with the same pitch of horn. I was suddenly transported to the Seven Seas Lagoon!

Old 01-06-2014, 08:14 PM   #2095
DisneyMomChristine
Mouseketeer

Does anyone happen to have pictures of Big Pine Key? Garden View views, rooms, entrance? Just curious!
Old 01-06-2014, 08:55 PM   #2096
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyGina View Post

I will be happy to check for you! Just to be clear, are these refillable mugs (as opposed to coffee mugs)? If that is the only mug design, I can probably go off that description.
GF GV- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF LV- December 2011, AKL PV & GF GV- February 2007, BWI WV CL- February 2006, AKL SV- February 2005, Polynesian GV- February 2004, WL WV & Polynesian GV- November 2002, BC GV- February 2002, CR GV- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
Old 01-07-2014, 06:22 AM   #2097
MommyGina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamouse View Post
I will be happy to check for you! Just to be clear, are these refillable mugs (as opposed to coffee mugs)? If that is the only mug design, I can probably go off that description.
Yes, the refillable mugs. The mugs had different color lids. Pink, blue, and black, if I remember correctly. Thank you!!
Old 01-07-2014, 09:49 AM   #2098
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

well..after our disappointing loss last night, the only thing that will make me smile is knowing 31 days till our first GF stay!
Old 01-07-2014, 12:43 PM   #2099
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

So...they have a handful of rooms left at the great rate...do I snag one just in case? Or do I drop it since there's a good chance I wouldn't be able to use it and go anyway?
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 01-07-2014, 01:22 PM   #2100
yolie912
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
So...they have a handful of rooms left at the great rate...do I snag one just in case? Or do I drop it since there's a good chance I wouldn't be able to use it and go anyway?
What company is this with?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: