Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 08:47 PM   #196
Candy Orlando
DIS Veteran

Beth, thank you for sharing your photos and videos. They are beautiful. I'll be at my new home VGF in a one bedroom for a week in Dec and a week in Jan. My family and I love to relax and listen to the classical music. The piano players at the Grand are superb.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:30 PM   #197
jillmc40
DIS Veteran

I can't wait to log on to the real computer and look at all of the pictures!! I will need an escape after this weekend. My office is moving :/. Thank you bethclayton for a virtual vacation

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2013, 10:14 PM   #198
ahcupcake
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethclayton View Post
we are finally settling into our routine of being back home but i am still so dreamy-eyed about my stay there. what an amazing and truly magical vacation. this will surely be the best birthday i have ever had and i am still in awe of how incredible everything was.

i hope maybe someone can tell me if this link works. i uploaded a bunch of pics to flickr. i have never used them before but uploading to photo bucket was getting tedious. it is my understanding that hopefully you can just click this link and it will take you to my pictures:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/100911698@N05/

i also have some video that i took of the resort that i was thinking maybe i could upload to you tube and link that to here, as well? i have never used youtube but if people would be interested i will certainly try.
Hi looooooooooooonnnnnnngggggggggg time lurker. Lovin the new thread

Beth great pics.Congrats on the upgrade & Happy belated Birthday..I too was lucky enough to be pixie dusted with an upgrade to the Grand Suite in early December of 2010.

Hi Blue Skies & Mickeynut
Old 08-28-2013, 10:44 PM   #199
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

BethClayton!! It's all your fault!! Now I'm wide awake and can't sleep bc you got me all excited over your pictures and video and here I am, leaving in 33-ish hours!!! Tomorrow, when I should be packing and instead I'm yawning walking around looking like a zombie, like I'll blame ya' again. J/K. Thanks so much for sharing them with us! So glad you had an awesome Birthday!!
Old 08-28-2013, 10:47 PM   #200
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahcupcake View Post
Hi looooooooooooonnnnnnngggggggggg time lurker. Lovin the new thread

Beth great pics.Congrats on the upgrade & Happy belated Birthday..I too was lucky enough to be pixie dusted with an upgrade to the Grand Suite in early December of 2010.

Hi Blue Skies & Mickeynut
Hi there ahcupcake and grannyminnie

ahcupcake I do remember that trip.. I was glad that we were there at the same time..and that we got to visit with you there! What a magnificent suite!

jillmc40 Good luck with the move! Nothing like looking at pics of the GF to brighten the day! Well except for being there...

MickeyNut Hope you are doing ok...

CandyOrlando I agree the pianists at the GF are wonderful...Our fave is Christin Frederick...We purchased his CD I think in Sandy Cove during one visit..and just love listening to it...

bethclayton Thanks for posting the videos too! Pics and videos are truly the next best thing to being at WDW!

ETA..JoBird 33 hours!!! WooHoo!!! Safe travels!

Old 08-29-2013, 06:44 AM   #201
MommyGina
DIS Veteran

JoBird-safe travels and have a wonderful vacation! Can't wait to hear about your trip when you get back.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:00 AM   #202
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
Hi there ahcupcake and grannyminnie

ahcupcake I do remember that trip.. I was glad that we were there at the same time..and that we got to visit with you there! What a magnificent suite!

jillmc40 Good luck with the move! Nothing like looking at pics of the GF to brighten the day! Well except for being there...

MickeyNut Hope you are doing ok...

CandyOrlando I agree the pianists at the GF are wonderful...Our fave is Christin Frederick...We purchased his CD I think in Sandy Cove during one visit..and just love listening to it...

bethclayton Thanks for posting the videos too! Pics and videos are truly the next best thing to being at WDW!

ETA..JoBird 33 hours!!! WooHoo!!! Safe travels!
Hi, Blue!
Old 08-29-2013, 07:38 AM   #203
Grace&Carolinesmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
LOL - paranoid, I don't think so! The way things have gone the last couple years, you are smart to get something now. Enjoy your planning.

Have you been in the PBH rooms since the renovation? Very pretty, though DD liked the colors of the old rooms. I like the powder blues in the suites, but the regular and deluxe rooms are quite nice, too. Very soothing palette.

We have not been to PBH since the room reno. I think the new rooms are beautiful BUT it doesn't seem like it goes with the feel of the rest of the resort.....KWIM? Since you have been in both regular and deluxe rooms....Do the deluxe rooms have the extra sq footage in the room itself or just the bathroom? From the pictures it is hard to tell because they are angled back toward the door instead of toward the window. I have only stayed in a standard and am thinking of doing a deluxe room and asking for a roll away bed for one DD. We are to the point that NO ONE wants to sleep with youngest DD as she is an active sleeper and head butts, kicks, lies sideways, etc causing her bedmate much lost sleep Not a problem at Disney because we can use the daybed *IF* money allows(and a good rate...haha) we may upgrade to a suite but I need to plan for not. I am also a little iffy on that stupid window in the bathroom to the main room. Worried that smells, sounds, steam, etc will seep in to the other room....yuck

CR--May 2006 Poly--April 2007 Poly--April 2009
YC-- April 2010 CSR--Oct 2011 GF--July 2014
Old 08-29-2013, 08:57 AM   #204
chemnerd09
Mouseketeer

I'm so excited that I just had to share this news. My parents and I have been going to Disney since I was three years old, and it has always been a dream of mine to stay at the Main Building at the Grand Floridian. When I found out that the main building is only club level, I was crushed since I knew we could never afford to stay there. Since I've been going to graduate school my mom and I try to plan a girls only trip. This year I was expecting to stay at the POP century the whole time since we're doing a cruise in May and wanted to save money. Turns out my mom worked some magic and we are still staying at the POP for the first time part of the trip and now we're spending four nights in the main building. She said that she was able to get a discount and since she retired this year and I'm finishing my Ph.D. we might as well celebrate. We are also going to Victoria and Alberts for the first time. Can't wait for it to be December.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:02 AM   #205
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

bethclayton - Thanks, I'll add the link in a bit. I'll bet you are still in a GF dream, after that vacation. I giggled at one of the videos, was that your DH trying to stay out of the shot?

A DSLR, no wonder your shots have such good light. I thought your camera might be a Canon, I have a couple PNS Canons and my DS has one similar to yours. Lovely photos, thanks again.

JoBird - safe travels! Have a magical vacation!

ahcupcake - welcome!

chemnerd09 - welcome! What an awesome surprise, I know you are going to love the Grand and RPC. AND a visit to V&A's, what a trip to anticipate.

SORRY, GF Lovers - the next message is Off Topic!

Grace&Caroline'sMom - we have only been in the deluxe rooms at PBH, sorry. First trip, we were given an upgrade at check in; second trip, I had an automatic upgrade due to gold status this year. (lucked into it due to booking a new Loews hotel in DC, we will never be that lucky again!)

I think, from photos, there is more square footage in the room itself as well as the bath. Does the standard room have that extra sitting area with loveseat? If not, there is definitely more space in the room. I know a rollaway will fit no problem, the deluxe room feels very spread out. I'll send you a PM with more photos, if you like.

Regarding the bath window, don't worry about it. You can close and lock it from the bath side, it's as if the window is only a decoration at that point. We love it, as it opens the room up, but we have only had ladies with us!
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser

Last edited by k&a&c'smom; 08-29-2013 at 10:31 AM. Reason: typo
Old 08-29-2013, 10:50 AM   #206
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Hey, everyone, just thought I'd let you know, I've added more shop & restaurant photos in the last couple days, along with a Table of Contents with direct links to each post at the top of the page. (well, bottom of the first post, as it wouldn't look as good at the beginning, in my opinion!) Should be easier to get to the info you are looking for this time around.

I am nearly finished, I'm going to go over all the posts and my photo files, see if I have some room for a few more pics, if necessary. (each post is only allowed 25 images) I left myself a couple spaces for more DVC info, and extra photos as the need arises.

*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 08-29-2013, 10:50 AM   #207
Turbanator
Disney Fan

Awesome pics Beth
Old 08-29-2013, 11:00 AM   #208
ahcupcake
Mouseketeer

Good Morning
[QUOTE=BlueSkies;49417327]Hi there ahcupcake and grannyminnie

QUOTE]
Thanks Blue...That's right you were there, and I gave you a tour ....Agree it is such fabulous suite, think at that time of year 3 yrs ago that suite was $2200/night

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemnerd09 View Post
I'm so excited that I just had to share this news. My parents and I have been going to Disney since I was three years old, and it has always been a dream of mine to stay at the Main Building at the Grand Floridian. When I found out that the main building is only club level, I was crushed since I knew we could never afford to stay there. Since I've been going to graduate school my mom and I try to plan a girls only trip. This year I was expecting to stay at the POP century the whole time since we're doing a cruise in May and wanted to save money. Turns out my mom worked some magic and we are still staying at the POP for the first time part of the trip and now we're spending four nights in the main building. She said that she was able to get a discount and since she retired this year and I'm finishing my Ph.D. we might as well celebrate. We are also going to Victoria and Alberts for the first time. Can't wait for it to be December.
Congrats on your graduation & mom's retirement.. On mom's girls trip surprise. I love RPC all the CM's are great..Not only are you staying in my fav WDW CL but dining at my fav restaurant too as soon as we book a trip I make a reservation for Victoria & Albert's

Quote:
bethclayton - Thanks, I'll add the link in a bit. I'll bet you are still in a GF dream, after that vacation. I giggled at one of the videos, was that your DH trying to stay out of the shot?

A DSLR, no wonder your shots have such good light. I thought your camera might be a Canon, I have a couple PNS Canons and my DS has one similar to yours. Lovely photos, thanks again.

JoBird - safe travels! Have a magical vacation!

ahcupcake - welcome!

Thanks for the welcome k&a&c'smom
Old 08-29-2013, 11:04 AM   #209
trishadono
DIS Veteran

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3145219

Thread about location of standard and lake views at VGF.

Not much out there yet I am getting desperate for information

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL , WLcl 19 17
Old 08-29-2013, 12:06 PM   #210
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemnerd09 View Post
How very wonderful!!! A special celebration trip...and you are going to love the staying in RPC!! Congrats to your mom on her retirement and to you on your PhD!

Quote:
Hey, everyone, just thought I'd let you know, I've added more shop & restaurant photos in the last couple days, along with a Table of Contents with direct links to each post at the top of the page. (well, bottom of the first post, as it wouldn't look as good at the beginning, in my opinion!) Should be easier to get to the info you are looking for this time around.

I am nearly finished, I'm going to go over all the posts and my photo files, see if I have some room for a few more pics, if necessary. (each post is only allowed 25 images) I left myself a couple spaces for more DVC info, and extra photos as the need arises.

Thanks k&a&c'smom Love restaurant info...Its always about the food around here...oh and shopping too!

grannyminnie Real happy to see you! Please enable your PM box..lol..wanted to catch up a bit!

trishadono Thanks for that link...although we dont currently have VGF booked...I am anxious to find out all about them....

ahcupcake With standard RPC rooms now being $1000 + a nite I cant even imagine...but what a special suite to be able to stay in...

JoBird Are you packed..and ready to go!??

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: