Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 07:24 AM   #2056
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
Just a quick post to say hello to my GF friends.: Sorry I haven't been posting lately, BlueSkies is right and we are still enjoying having our DD here.

Hope everyone had a wonderful NYE and Day!

trish, I see you are at the Grand as we speak, I will have to go back and read all the details. Have a magical stay.

grannyminnie -

I know what you mean about the necessary cash to go as often as we'd like! I'd be there every month, lol.

To all the rest of our great posters, new and old, I hope you have a magical, loving, peaceful 2014.
Hi, k&a&c'smom...if money were no object, I'd be going at least quarterly! Just gotta win that lottery...

Re: someone's question about the GF renovation schedule, it seems when I check the website to tweak my May visit, that there's more "unavailable" showing up. Might just be that it's spring and the Flower and Garden festival, but I'm wondering if part of it is the renos. I may have to move to another month entirely.

Old 01-04-2014, 07:48 AM   #2057
jpotter1
Earning My Ears

At the grand now in Boca Chica lagoon view and loving it! Only have a one complaint.... We were "upgraded" to this room from a deluxe room without knowing it. Although I agree the view is an upgrade, we were wanting the deluxe for the space. There are 4 of us, 3 adults and one 15 year old so we are pretty crowded in here. Other than that, it's beautiful! They began pulling up Christmas decorations yesterday 😔
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2014, 07:53 AM   #2058
DisneyMomChristine
Mouseketeer

Eek! We just booked our 1st stay at GF (sooooo excited)!!! I can deal with construction (POR was under construction in 2012 when we were there and we barely noticed) but a possible monorail closure!?! We are staying May 11-May 16. The monorail is a HUGE part of why we are staying there. Any info?
Old 01-04-2014, 08:10 AM   #2059
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomChristine View Post
Eek! We just booked our 1st stay at GF (sooooo excited)!!! I can deal with construction (POR was under construction in 2012 when we were there and we barely noticed) but a possible monorail closure!?! We are staying May 11-May 16. The monorail is a HUGE part of why we are staying there. Any info?
Right now, the closure is only through the end of March. You should be good!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 01-04-2014, 08:11 AM   #2060
bonjovi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
it is the line that takes you to MK and then loops around to the TTC so that you can connect to the epcot line. it is from 11am-7pm weekdays. you can still use it before 11 and after 7 . you can boat back from MK during the down time. bus back from epcot. or monorail from epcot to the TTC and then bus back to GF from there.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:17 AM   #2061
DisneyMomChristine
Mouseketeer

Thank you! Feeling relieved now. :-)
Old 01-04-2014, 09:46 AM   #2062
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Hello fellow GF fans!

Cant believe that the holidays are all just a memory already...

But..that means its time to start focusing on trip time!!!

Trisha Thanks for checking in! Sounds like you are already having a GRAND vacation! Glad you got to make the most of your SL time... Both CLs at the GF are so grand....

grannyminnie If you are needing to change your dates I have some suggestions..Like when your friends are gonna be there too!

MickeyNut Hope that you are keeping warm..I know that this is not flip flop weather anymore!

k&a&c'smom So glad that you are enjoying the family time!! Us too...Meant to mention..thanks for your input on my split stay inquiry...I am so unsure..yet I really do want to try it..LOL...

Tom, MariaMouse and all those who have trips coming up soon.... Hope that you have a wonderful time!

Hope that all of my fellow GF fans have a super Saturday!

Old 01-04-2014, 10:09 AM   #2063
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
Just a quick post to say hello to my GF friends.: Sorry I haven't been posting lately, BlueSkies is right and we are still enjoying having our DD here.
Glad you are enjoying time with your DD home .

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpotter1 View Post
At the grand now in Boca Chica lagoon view and loving it! Only have a one complaint.... We were "upgraded" to this room from a deluxe room without knowing it. Although I agree the view is an upgrade, we were wanting the deluxe for the space. There are 4 of us, 3 adults and one 15 year old so we are pretty crowded in here. Other than that, it's beautiful! They began pulling up Christmas decorations yesterday 😔
Sorry about the room assignment, but hope you're having a good time and are enjoying the GF .

Quote:
We just booked our 1st stay at GF (sooooo excited)!!!
You're going to love the GF .

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
MickeyNut Hope that you are keeping warm..I know that this is not flip flop weather anymore!
Sadly flip flops are put away indefinitely . We've got about 5-6 inches of snow, with more on the way tonight through tomorrow night with Monday being extremely cold with a high of -9 . (yes, that is a HIGH of negative 9 ).

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 01-04-2014, 11:48 AM   #2064
michlyn
Earning My Ears

We are staying at gf in August - super excited! I requested a room at either big pine key or boca chica (pool/courtyard view).

How is the noise level? Are the rooms fairly sound proof? We are light sleepers.

Thanks!
Old 01-04-2014, 12:00 PM   #2065
DizzyMommy
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone. I booked a stay for August gv. Is there any building/room that will give us the best gv view? Any requests that I should make? TIA
Old 01-04-2014, 12:09 PM   #2066
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by michlyn View Post
We are staying at gf in August - super excited! I requested a room at either big pine key or boca chica (pool/courtyard view).

How is the noise level? Are the rooms fairly sound proof? We are light sleepers.

Thanks!
You are going to love the GF . We stayed in Big Pine Key and while I am also a light sleeper, I didn't notice any noise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyMommy View Post
Hi everyone. I booked a stay for August gv. Is there any building/room that will give us the best gv view? Any requests that I should make? TIA
Our GV was in Big Pine Key and we had a nice view of the courtyard pool. I also think Boca Chica (which is located right next to BPK) is a great for GV rooms. With that said, there are some less desirable rooms in BPK as they overlook the roof top of the pool building, so if you request BPK, you might want to request a high floor .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 01-04-2014, 12:44 PM   #2067
DizzyMommy
Earning My Ears

Mickeynut1- Thanks for the heads up about the pool house. Last year I stayed at BC and I know there are some really bad room views there. I just wasn't sure about GF. Maybe I'll request Boca Chica.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:48 PM   #2068
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
You are going to love the GF . We stayed in Big Pine Key and while I am also a light sleeper, I didn't notice any noise.

Our GV was in Big Pine Key and we had a nice view of the courtyard pool. I also think Boca Chica (which is located right next to BPK) is a great for GV rooms. With that said, there are some less desirable rooms in BPK as they overlook the roof top of the pool building, so if you request BPK, you might want to request a high floor .
We had one of those BPK views of the rooftop of the pool building. It was our first GF stay and the "worst" (if there really is one) view in several visits.
Our Boca Chica views have been lovely!

Blue, I have tried to get my DSis to let's change to end of Jan. early Feb., but she says it's too close to our last visit (mid-November)! What is WRONG with her?? When is it ever too soon to go back to WDW?!?

Old 01-04-2014, 03:15 PM   #2069
Maxie86
DIS Veteran

grannyminnie, I think the beginning of February is a wonderful time to go. It's never too soon to go back, especially if some of your GF friends will be there.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:06 PM   #2070
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie86 View Post
grannyminnie, I think the beginning of February is a wonderful time to go. It's never too soon to go back, especially if some of your GF friends will be there.
Aww Maxie, are you going to be there with Blue? I would love to go at the same time! But I don't think I'm going to sway my sister...

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: