Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 11:38 AM   #1936
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Orlando View Post
At 6:00 pm we sat in the Grand foyer on a big comfy couch listening to the piano player and the band. At 7:00 pm a choir came to sing Christmas carols. We spent a very relaxing day at the Grand because it was our last day of our fabulous vacation.

Now I know how all of you have felt about the Grand all these years. Having a villa with my food allergies has made me very happy.

I will be back in January for a week.

The Grand is now my home!

It feels so Grand!!!

Old 12-21-2013, 12:37 PM   #1937
BC1836
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Popping in this morning to try and catch up as things have been very crazy around here the last few days that I haven't had much time to post. I did a lot of quoting and kind of went through the last few pages quickly, so I apologize if I forgot anyone.

Glad you enjoyed your mother/daughter time......baking is a great way to spend some quality time together .

Hope you had a nice time in Chicago and hope you were able to keep warm.....Chicago winters can be brutal .

Not a very nice thing for your DH to do to you.....LOL.....but I hope you were able to catch some warmer temps when you returned home.

Hi grannyminnie . I'm glad you had a nice dinner and have recovered. LOL on your sister emailing you to meet in the lounge or lobby.....if it were only that easy .

I did a little baking the other day, but I'm planning to get more done today and tomorrow.

Hope you had a nice trip .

Glad to hear she's feeling better. Sending good thoughts your way that she heals properly and when/if she does need another surgery that it goes smoothly and she recovers well .

It's been so busy the last few days, but I finally have some time to get some more baking done and get ready for Christmas. Yes, this time next year is our Disney cruise/WDW. Our cruise is 12/15-12/19, with WDW stays before and after......it's a year away, but I'm sure the time will go fast and I'll be on that boat before I know it .

I hope your DS's surgery went well. Sending good thoughts for a good post op visit .

Me too. I love the GF, but those villas look absolutely amazing .

I have some baking to do, but other than that, I think I'm ready. Different from other years where I'm running around the 23rd and/or 24th for last minute things .

That was so nice of that Diser. I hope she was able to give you some good information for your pup. And I totally agree about special people on this thread. There are some fabulous ladies on here and I am glad I have had the opportunity to meet a few of them in person. This is one of the nicest threads (IMO) .

I'm here....trying my best to catch up....LOL. I have a lot of free time over the next 2 weeks, so hopefully I'll be able to pop in more often .

Good luck to your DS.

Glad the follow up went well and I'm happy for you that all of your kids will be home for Christmas .

It will be here before you know it .

Hope you are able to make it back to the GF next year. The GF really is amazing during the holidays .

You are going to have a great time!! RPC is amazing and very relaxing .
Now THAT's what we call a reply!

All the best.
The 20th Century...'74-'00 (23 visits): Multiple stays at the Contemporary, Golf Resort, Old Key West, Port Orleans, Polynesian, Dixie Landings, Grand Floridian, offsite locations + one Disneyland trip.

The 21st Century (40 visits): '01: Yacht Club.....'02: Animal Kingdom Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'03: Wilderness Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'04: Grand Floridian.....'05: Beach Club & Grand Floridian.....'06: (May) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club.....'07: (March) Polynesian & Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Coronado Springs & Grand Floridian; '08: (March) Port Orleans Riverside & Polynesian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (June) Paradise Pier @ Disneyland; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Beach Club; '09 (March) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Grand Floridian; (Dec.) Grand Floridian; '10 (March) Grand Floridian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'11 (April) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'12 (March-April) Grand Floridian: Presidential Suite; (May) Grand Californian @ Disneyland; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian...'13 (April) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite; (Oct.) Boardwalk; (Dec.) Beach Club & Grand Floridian...'14 (April) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite...(Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-21-2013, 01:50 PM   #1938
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

k&a&c'smom So happy to hear that your DS's follow up visit went well! Sounds like you are going to have a nice fullhouse for Christmas... I know thats the best present of all..Better get baking some more pecan tassies at your house too...LOl..It is funny how quickly that they disappear! Thanks again for the recipe!

CandyOrlando Glad that you had such a GRAND vacation! Your descriptions were just wonderful..and as you can see made us all feel like we were there with you!

MickeyNut Well there you are! Glad things have finally settled down some.. You know that I miss chatting with you when you are not here!!

grannyminnie Have you decided on which month you are going to be staying at the GF?? If so..what kind of ADRs have you made?? Inquiring mind here... You know what its all about!

ClareH Congratualtions on booking the GF for your trip! And what plans..staying RPC..massages...Enjoy! Some things have changed in the last several years.. a newer and improved Gasparillas..Sandy Cove is also bigger and has more variety of merchandise..some of it geared to the VGF... all things that will see for yourself soon!

DisneyBelle The GF really is especially grand during the holidays! Hope that you will get back next year!

MommyGina Waiting for those college acceptance letters is so stressful! Hope that your son hears from his top pick soon... Sending good thoughts..Please keep us posted!

BC1836 I noticed in your signature that you have had quite a few splits stays including the GF...which would you say is your favorite split?? We have been toying with the idea of a YC/GF or BC..enjoying at stay at each side of the world..Or even a WL/GF stay...just becuase we have heard so many good things about the WL....Would like to know what you think..seems that you are a split stay vet!

Pas130 Happy Holidays to you too!

And a big hello to the rest of my fellow GF fans! Hope that you are all having a super Saturday!!

Last edited by BlueSkies; 12-21-2013 at 01:57 PM.
Old 12-21-2013, 02:59 PM   #1939
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
How "dare" you make such a post! Such "torture."

But we know what you mean. We drove away from the GFR yesterday morning at 7:52 a.m. and left the wonderful environment that you so carefully described.

Ah, palm trees. Seventy-eight degrees. Enjoy yourself!

April 2014: we'll be back.

All the best.
I am also enjoying Candy Orlando's live report! How lovely you were just there!! We are having a Jersy heat wave..and DH joked that it feels like Florida. The first week of December was in the 80s..and we came home to snow and 20 degree weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClareH37 View Post
Have just changed my May YC CL trip to the GF RPC (don't even ask how many times I've changed my booking ), I haven't stayed there since 2007 so I'm going to start at the beginning of this great thread to refresh myself on everything the GF offers

I'm going 'solo' for 7 nights and have already booked a few spa treatments, I intend this to be a selfishly indulgent/pampering trip
I know you will have an amazing time!! We've yet to actually stay at RPC, but I drool over the pics here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
. .
Multi-quote-a-palooza

I was actually on the telephone with someone from Poly yesterday discussing the construction (Poly IPO rocks) and I was reminded Poly guests will have the use of the GF pools So even though I am staying a monorail stop away...we can use the pools so I can sneak in the Grand ambience Best of both worlds IMO, my DS12 prefers the GF pool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
Pas130 Happy Holidays to you too!

And a big hello to the rest of my fellow GF fans! Hope that you are all having a super Saturday!!
Is it summer yet
Old 12-21-2013, 03:57 PM   #1940
Candy Orlando
DIS Veteran

Thank you everyone! It was fun reading your responses to my lovely vacation. We ended with the Christmas fireworks at Epcot. The view from Italy is perfect.

I'm sitting here in my Massachusetts home with my eyes closed picturing the beautiful row of palm trees outside the front door of my Florida home at the Grand. Then my mind wonders into the foyer and there stands that whimsical water fountain and stunning cream colored marble floor.

Now I have to look on my iPhone at the photos I took!!!
Old 12-22-2013, 06:59 AM   #1941
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:

All the best.
My thoughts exactly! A few of these GF gals are the queens of multi-quoting..and you know who you are!

Blue, I have not yet quite settled into my final plans for next year as far as when...and so far, no ADRs. Way too early, even if it is all about the food! I really would like to go in the winter, but so far, have not broached the subject to my sister (and with her, the $$ is the big thing). (not to mention the announcement of the closures of the monorail during the day...that's a downer to me)

ClareH37, I'm jealous of all those massages you've booked! Now that's what I call ultimate pampering.

Hi, MickeyNut. Would you believe I have yet to do a bit of baking?? I did very little last year, and this year it looks like it may be the same. And as much as I love goodies.... Just cannot get motivated.

Old 12-22-2013, 10:27 AM   #1942
mrsp1030
DIS Veteran

Hello! New to this thread! We just secured our first VGF reservation for next Thanksgiving and are over the moon excited. My husband and I will have our 3 DS: ages 8,6,2 and will also be celebrating our 10 year anniversary! We've previously stayed at AKL and WL and are so excited to try something new. Look forward to reading all the incredible things about the grand!
Old 12-22-2013, 02:56 PM   #1943
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsp1030 View Post
Hello! New to this thread! We just secured our first VGF reservation for next Thanksgiving and are over the moon excited. My husband and I will have our 3 DS: ages 8,6,2 and will also be celebrating our 10 year anniversary! We've previously stayed at AKL and WL and are so excited to try something new. Look forward to reading all the incredible things about the grand!
We are staying there 1/2-1/5 so if you think of anything you can't find an answer for let me know.

We have often stayed at disney for Thanksgiving. It really is a fun time. Warm weather and the Christmas decorations up too!

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL , WLcl 19 17
Old 12-22-2013, 03:13 PM   #1944
CarouselOfProgress4
Mouseketeer

Subscribing! Oh my goodness I have been here since October 2012 and I miss it so much. Have fun everybody who is there or leaving soon!
Old 12-22-2013, 04:19 PM   #1945
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

All the best.
LOL....thanks .

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
MickeyNut Well there you are! Glad things have finally settled down some.. You know that I miss chatting with you when you are not here!!
Hey Blue . You know how the holidays are.....there's always a lot of extra things to do on top of the every day things.....but thankfully things are quieting down. I miss chatting here too so I'm hoping after Christmas I'll have more time to post . Have you done anymore baking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Multi-quote-a-palooza

I was actually on the telephone with someone from Poly yesterday discussing the construction (Poly IPO rocks) and I was reminded Poly guests will have the use of the GF pools So even though I am staying a monorail stop away...we can use the pools so I can sneak in the Grand ambience Best of both worlds IMO, my DS12 prefers the GF pool
Hi pas . Multi-quote-a-palooza....I like that . When I first started posting here I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to multi-quote.....but now it comes in handy if I'm in a hurry and/or have a lot to catch up on .

I have yet to have any experience with Poly IPO, but I'm hoping to have that chance next year as Poly CL is on our list for at least one of our WDW stays. You are going to have a great time at the Poly .....and it is nice that Poly guests are able to use the GF pools during the volcano pool closure, especially if you don't mind taking a little time to get over to the GF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Orlando View Post
Thank you everyone! It was fun reading your responses to my lovely vacation. We ended with the Christmas fireworks at Epcot. The view from Italy is perfect.

I'm sitting here in my Massachusetts home with my eyes closed picturing the beautiful row of palm trees outside the front door of my Florida home at the Grand. Then my mind wonders into the foyer and there stands that whimsical water fountain and stunning cream colored marble floor.

Now I have to look on my iPhone at the photos I took!!!
What a great way to end your wonderful vacation . It's hard not to think about the GF after returning home from a great trip.....and phone pics are always fun to look at too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyminnie View Post
My thoughts exactly! A few of these GF gals are the queens of multi-quoting..and you know who you are!

Hi, MickeyNut. Would you believe I have yet to do a bit of baking?? I did very little last year, and this year it looks like it may be the same. And as much as I love goodies.... Just cannot get motivated.
I remember not being able to multi-quote to save my life when I first came to the Dis .

I'm actually doing some baking right now. I have some things to do tomorrow and want to relax Christmas Eve, so I figured I'd spend today baking all my goodies .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsp1030 View Post
Congrats on booking VGF and welcome to the GF thread . We've stayed at WL and AKL and while we love both resorts, the GF is just . I'm sure you will have an amazing time. Don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have as there are some very sweet and informative gals on here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
We are staying there 1/2-1/5 so if you think of anything you can't find an answer for let me know.
Your trip is quickly approaching .

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarouselOfProgress4 View Post
Subscribing! Oh my goodness I have been here since October 2012 and I miss it so much. Have fun everybody who is there or leaving soon!
Welcome to the GF FAQ .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 12-22-2013, 04:45 PM   #1946
princessmocha
Mouseketeer

Just checking in to say hello while waiting for the boat back to the grand! It is absolutely stunning. Our room is in Sago Cay... Haven't been to it yet... But can't wait!!!

Old 12-22-2013, 04:49 PM   #1947
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmocha View Post
Just checking in to say hello while waiting for the boat back to the grand! It is absolutely stunning. Our room is in Sago Cay... Haven't been to it yet... But can't wait!!!
So happy for you!!! Enjoy your trip!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 12-22-2013, 05:25 PM   #1948
TinkDisneyGirl
Earning My Ears

Just booked last minute trip RPC first week of January! So excited. It will be out first RPC trip!
Old 12-22-2013, 05:51 PM   #1949
CarouselOfProgress4
Mouseketeer

January is one of my favorite times to travel to Disney. It is just so refreshing!
Old 12-22-2013, 08:37 PM   #1950
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmocha View Post
Hope you're having a great time. Enjoy the GF.....the grounds and overall atmosphere are so refreshing to come back to after a day in the parks .

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkDisneyGirl View Post
Just booked last minute trip RPC first week of January! So excited. It will be out first RPC trip!
You're going to love RPC....everything about it is amazing .

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarouselOfProgress4 View Post
January is one of my favorite times to travel to Disney. It is just so refreshing!
I think January is a nice to go as well....crowds are low and I agree that it is refreshing after the craziness of the holidays .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: