Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 02:08 PM   #1921
bethclayton
DIS Veteran

ladies, i just want to say we have some really special people on this thread. i got an email through disboards yesterday from someone so kind- she saw my post on here about my dog and she is a veterinarian and she offered to help me by giving me some information about treatment options for her. this is not someone i even know or have ever chatted with. i am just so in awe that someone would reach out a complete stranger in that way. i won't call her out, i will let her "out" herself if she is comfortable doing so. since she messaged me in email instead of on this thread, she may want to be anonymous. but i just wanted to let all you ladies know that there are still good people in this world! :good vibes we are all very lucky to have each other.

Old 12-19-2013, 03:51 PM   #1922
Candy Orlando
DIS Veteran

I'm sitting on a lounge chair at the beach pool, looking towards the waterfall and villas. It's 78 degrees and the sun is very warm. The sky is very blue behind the two palm trees I'm sitting under. These two palm trees have the fan type of leaves. The wind is blowing ever so lightly through the leaves.

I love the Grand!!!
Register to remove

Old 12-19-2013, 04:59 PM   #1923
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Got this little package in the mail today for our August trip! So exciting!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 12-19-2013, 10:18 PM   #1924
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

k&a&c'smom Hope that your son had a good follow up visit with the doctor..and that you are all headed home to enjoy the blessings of the holiday and family.. We made the pecan tassies...we ate the pecan tassies..and all I can say is..YUM! And we need to make some more..LOL...

Tom I am in..call me Mrs Smee matey! lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethclayton View Post
ladies, i just want to say we have some really special people on this thread. i got an email through disboards yesterday from someone so kind- she saw my post on here about my dog and she is a veterinarian and she offered to help me by giving me some information about treatment options for her. this is not someone i even know or have ever chatted with. i am just so in awe that someone would reach out a complete stranger in that way. i won't call her out, i will let her "out" herself if she is comfortable doing so. since she messaged me in email instead of on this thread, she may want to be anonymous. but i just wanted to let all you ladies know that there are still good people in this world! :good vibes we are all very lucky to have each other.
That is wonderful... I agree Beth lots of nice folks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Orlando View Post
I'm sitting on a lounge chair at the beach pool, looking towards the waterfall and villas. It's 78 degrees and the sun is very warm. The sky is very blue behind the two palm trees I'm sitting under. These two palm trees have the fan type of leaves. The wind is blowing ever so lightly through the leaves.

I love the Grand!!!
Happy Anniversary!!! 40 years..Wow..thats quite a milestone! Cant think of a better place to celebrate.. And what fun you all are having..Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us!

PrincessM Hope that you have arrived all safe and sound..at the "other" park..LOL..and are having fun too!

MouseMommy Gotta love Mickeymail!! We got that package too..times two! Love how the booklet is personalized!

grannyminnie Lounge time...massages..I like the way you think!! Im ready ..lets go! SIX day till Christmas!! Need to get some wrapping done...

MickeyNut I know that you are a busy bee..but its time to come out and play... LOL..there is chatting to do..news to share...

MommyGina Just saying

The changes in the monorail operating times really has me reviewing our plans..particularly dining...need to include some extra travel times ..I really dont like to be late for things... like ADRs...cause as you all know..its always about the food!

Hope that all of my fellow GF fans had a terrific Thursday!

Old 12-20-2013, 07:56 AM   #1925
MommyGina
DIS Veteran

Hi Blue! Hi to ALL my GF friends here!

Candy Orlando, I love reading your reports. It sounds like you are having a great time!

DS still has not heard from his top pick of colleges, but hopefully within a month he'll know. It would be a great Christmas present for him to find out before Christmas if he was accepted to his top choice.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all if I don't check in before Christmas Day!!!
Old 12-20-2013, 09:12 AM   #1926
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I love the Grand!!!
You sound just like me! The feel of just being there and soaking it in

Ahhhhh

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL , WLcl 19 17
Old 12-20-2013, 10:56 AM   #1927
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Candy Orlando - Happy Anniversary!! Your reports are wonderful and your enthusiasm is so infectious. I'm so glad you are having a magical stay.

bethclayton - Thanks for sharing with us, what a sweet thing to happen. There really are so many generous people here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgulls View Post
Agreed. Except that we February guests are witnessing several things getting newer and improved: Splash, Peoplemover, Festival of the Lion King, Backlot Tour, Plaza Restaurant, Pinocchio Village Haus and now daytime monorail. My family is starting to wonder, "maybe it's us!"
We have felt the same way at times. It sure does seem like a lot of closures in the next few months. Sorry for everyone with upcoming plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKaiTom View Post
Arrrgggg, I'm bringing my pirate costume and commandeering the ferry that goes between the MK, GF and Poly - who is with me? We will rechristen her the "Black Pearl"

Arggggg

Hey, we just had our third snowstorm up here, and I really wanted to see my ticker for how many days until WARM!!!

Tom
LOL - count me in! Sorry for your snow, glad you have warmer climes to dream of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyChest View Post
I'm wondering if the rumored refurbished rooms will look similar to the villas and if they will be done by May when I'm there (as well as the dwarves mine cart ride) *wishes hard*
Fingers crossed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Got this little package in the mail today for our August trip! So exciting!
Very exciting, and fun! Thanks for the photos, enjoy your planning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
k&a&c'smom Hope that your son had a good follow up visit with the doctor..and that you are all headed home to enjoy the blessings of the holiday and family.. We made the pecan tassies...we ate the pecan tassies..and all I can say is..YUM! And we need to make some more..LOL...

MickeyNut I know that you are a busy bee..but its time to come out and play... LOL..there is chatting to do..news to share...

The changes in the monorail operating times really has me reviewing our plans..particularly dining...need to include some extra travel times ..I really dont like to be late for things... like ADRs...cause as you all know..its always about the food!

Hope that all of my fellow GF fans had a terrific Thursday!
Well, Mrs. Smee, glad you enjoyed the pecan tassies! LOL about needing to bake more, I can sooo relate. They are gone before you realize just how many you've eaten.

The follow up went well, thanks, and I'm home. He and his college roommate always travel home together, so DS will be here tomorrow. DD and DS2 & fiance are coming on Christmas Eve.

I agree, mickeynut needs to take a break from holiday preparations and pop in for a chat.

Good luck with your plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyGina View Post
Hi Blue! Hi to ALL my GF friends here!

DS still has not heard from his top pick of colleges, but hopefully within a month he'll know. It would be a great Christmas present for him to find out before Christmas if he was accepted to his top choice.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all if I don't check in before Christmas Day!!!
Happy Holidays to you, too, hopefully we'll "see" you again before then. Good luck to your DS, keeping my fingers crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post

Ahhhhh
Isn't that the best?!
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 12-20-2013, 01:05 PM   #1928
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That is amazing, and I very much agree DISpeeps are some of the finest peeps I have ever met I haven't posted much here (I'm booked at Poly with a great discount trying not to change ) but I do lurk often...and other than the resort changers thread..I consider here and WL my "home" threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
bethclayton - Thanks for sharing with us, what a sweet thing to happen. There really are so many generous people here.
Agreed! And one of the reasons this thread rocks is the GRAND hostess

Wishing my GF friends a very
Grand holiday
Old 12-20-2013, 07:51 PM   #1929
BC1836
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I love the Grand!!!
How "dare" you make such a post! Such "torture."

But we know what you mean. We drove away from the GFR yesterday morning at 7:52 a.m. and left the wonderful environment that you so carefully described.

Ah, palm trees. Seventy-eight degrees. Enjoy yourself!

April 2014: we'll be back.

All the best.
The 20th Century...'74-'00 (23 visits): Multiple stays at the Contemporary, Golf Resort, Old Key West, Port Orleans, Polynesian, Dixie Landings, Grand Floridian, offsite locations + one Disneyland trip.

The 21st Century (40 visits): '01: Yacht Club.....'02: Animal Kingdom Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'03: Wilderness Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'04: Grand Floridian.....'05: Beach Club & Grand Floridian.....'06: (May) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club.....'07: (March) Polynesian & Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Coronado Springs & Grand Floridian; '08: (March) Port Orleans Riverside & Polynesian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (June) Paradise Pier @ Disneyland; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Beach Club; '09 (March) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Grand Floridian; (Dec.) Grand Floridian; '10 (March) Grand Floridian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'11 (April) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'12 (March-April) Grand Floridian: Presidential Suite; (May) Grand Californian @ Disneyland; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian...'13 (April) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite; (Oct.) Boardwalk; (Dec.) Beach Club & Grand Floridian...'14 (April) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite...(Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk
Old 12-20-2013, 09:39 PM   #1930
DisneyBelle99
DIS Veteran

Just was drooling over the pictures on Facebook of the Grand at Christmas. We were only there once in December, but hoping we can come back next year. What a magical place!
Old 12-20-2013, 11:18 PM   #1931
Candy Orlando
DIS Veteran

Yesterday before I went to the pool to sit under the cloudless blue sky and palm trees, I went to the Garden View Tea Room with my husband, daughter and granddaughter. We are patrons of the Myopia Hunt and Polo Club in Hamilton Massachusetts. We love all things that remind us of England. We had a wonderful experience with a superb CM. The row of Palladian windows overlooking the courtyard is breathtaking and the furnishings are exquisite.

The Grand really is Grand!!!
Old 12-21-2013, 06:41 AM   #1932
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post

Ahhhhh
She sounds just like ALL of us!! I was soaking up her TR just like the rest of you!

Old 12-21-2013, 08:34 AM   #1933
ClareH37
DIS Veteran

Have just changed my May YC CL trip to the GF RPC (don't even ask how many times I've changed my booking ), I haven't stayed there since 2007 so I'm going to start at the beginning of this great thread to refresh myself on everything the GF offers

I'm going 'solo' for 7 nights and have already booked a few spa treatments, I intend this to be a selfishly indulgent/pampering trip

1992/1994/1995/1997/1999/2001 - Offsite/POFQ * December 2004 - CSR, YC * December 2006 - YC CL * May 2007 - BWI * December 2007 - GF RPC, BWI CL * May 2009 - BWI CL *
May 2010 - BWI CL * November 2011 - BWI CL * December 2012 - BC CL * May 2014 - GF CL & WL CL *
Old 12-21-2013, 08:35 AM   #1934
Candy Orlando
DIS Veteran

At 6:00 pm we sat in the Grand foyer on a big comfy couch listening to the piano player and the band. At 7:00 pm a choir came to sing Christmas carols. We spent a very relaxing day at the Grand because it was our last day of our fabulous vacation.

Now I know how all of you have felt about the Grand all these years. Having a villa with my food allergies has made me very happy.

I will be back in January for a week.

The Grand is now my home!

It feels so Grand!!!
Old 12-21-2013, 10:28 AM   #1935
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Popping in this morning to try and catch up as things have been very crazy around here the last few days that I haven't had much time to post. I did a lot of quoting and kind of went through the last few pages quickly, so I apologize if I forgot anyone.

Quote:
MickeyNut I agree..enjoyed the mother/daughter time...the baking..and today the eating of the baked good..LOL...We had our GF music going..Christian Frederick..of course..and lets not forget music from the Grand Floridian Society Orchestra..It was a Grand day!
Glad you enjoyed your mother/daughter time......baking is a great way to spend some quality time together .

Quote:
Hello, fellow GF lovers!! Sorry I've been MIA, I'm up here in cold and snowy Chicago for another few days, had to pop in and see what everyone is up to.

My DH has kindly informed me he was in shirt sleeves yesterday, running a leaf blower and working up a sweat! It was in the upper 60s at home, waaaah!! Supposed to continue with 50s-60s until I head home on Friday, of course.
Hope you had a nice time in Chicago and hope you were able to keep warm.....Chicago winters can be brutal .

Not a very nice thing for your DH to do to you.....LOL.....but I hope you were able to catch some warmer temps when you returned home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyminnie View Post
I have recovered! It's always a tiring but rewarding experience for me, to do a family dinner. One of my stepsons and his wife had to cancel at the last minute because they had car trouble, and we missed them, but everyone else had fun. Me a party animal?! I have never thought of myself as that, but "lounge lizard", I'll gladly be!! Matter of fact, when my sister has had a bad day, she'll email "meet me in the lounge (or lobby)"!
Are you having fun with your DD? I have not done a stitch of baking yet! Not one cookie! But, my BFF supplied me with a great selection of the fruits of her labor the other day when we met at Cheesecake Factory. Yummo!

Mickeynut, did you get to do your baking?
Hi grannyminnie . I'm glad you had a nice dinner and have recovered. LOL on your sister emailing you to meet in the lounge or lobby.....if it were only that easy .

I did a little baking the other day, but I'm planning to get more done today and tomorrow.

Quote:
Yes, I'm still here. We checked in on Friday. We will be here until this Friday.
Hope you had a nice trip .

Quote:
thanks for asking! well, she has definitely turned a corner and is healing, so that is a huge relief. but the two downsides are 1) the mass was cancer, and they did not get all the cancerous cells, so it will come back. 2) we are looking at months of her having 24/7 supervision because that is how long she will have to be bandaged (until the skin grows back). it's a disaster! but i am so glad that she is feeling better, she seems much more normal and is even walking on that leg again finally. we have had a lot of snow lately (both my labs love snow) and she has just been romping around in it like a puppy.
Glad to hear she's feeling better. Sending good thoughts your way that she heals properly and when/if she does need another surgery that it goes smoothly and she recovers well .

Quote:
MickeyNut whatcha been up to?? Baking..getting all set for the holidays?? I think at this time next year you will be getting ready for your Disney cruise...
It's been so busy the last few days, but I finally have some time to get some more baking done and get ready for Christmas. Yes, this time next year is our Disney cruise/WDW. Our cruise is 12/15-12/19, with WDW stays before and after......it's a year away, but I'm sure the time will go fast and I'll be on that boat before I know it .

Quote:
I'm still in Chicago, my oldest DS had surgery last week and tomorrow is the post op visit. If he is released, I'll be heading back home to get ready for Christmas - and he will be, too.
I hope your DS's surgery went well. Sending good thoughts for a good post op visit .

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyChest View Post
I'm wondering if the rumored refurbished rooms will look similar to the villas and if they will be done by May when I'm there
Me too. I love the GF, but those villas look absolutely amazing .

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyminnie View Post
Morning, GF friends...6 days til Christmas; are you ready?
I have some baking to do, but other than that, I think I'm ready. Different from other years where I'm running around the 23rd and/or 24th for last minute things .

Quote:
That was so nice of that Diser. I hope she was able to give you some good information for your pup. And I totally agree about special people on this thread. There are some fabulous ladies on here and I am glad I have had the opportunity to meet a few of them in person. This is one of the nicest threads (IMO) .

Quote:
I'm here....trying my best to catch up....LOL. I have a lot of free time over the next 2 weeks, so hopefully I'll be able to pop in more often .

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyGina View Post
Good luck to your DS.

Quote:
The follow up went well, thanks, and I'm home. He and his college roommate always travel home together, so DS will be here tomorrow. DD and DS2 & fiance are coming on Christmas Eve.

I agree, mickeynut needs to take a break from holiday preparations and pop in for a chat.
Glad the follow up went well and I'm happy for you that all of your kids will be home for Christmas .

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
And one of the reasons this thread rocks is the GRAND hostess

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
April 2014: we'll be back.
It will be here before you know it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBelle99 View Post
Just was drooling over the pictures on Facebook of the Grand at Christmas. We were only there once in December, but hoping we can come back next year. What a magical place!
Hope you are able to make it back to the GF next year. The GF really is amazing during the holidays .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClareH37 View Post
Have just changed my May YC CL trip to the GF RPC (don't even ask how many times I've changed my booking ), I haven't stayed there since 2007 so I'm going to start at the beginning of this great thread to refresh myself on everything the GF offers
You are going to have a great time!! RPC is amazing and very relaxing .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: