Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 07:57 AM   #1906
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Where was everybody yesterday?!? Did you all just decide to travel on down to the GF and see the Christmas decorations with me??
Old 12-18-2013, 08:11 AM   #1907
Candy Orlando
DIS Veteran

Having the Grand as our vacation home has made going to the Magic Kingdom so much fun. My granddaughter wanted to go to Starbucks so my daughter and husband also had to try it. They all had a breakfast wrap and iced coffee. We love Main Street in the morning because we love the street performers.

We went back to our villa at the Grand for lunch because I have food allergies. My husband and I relaxed at the beach pool until dinner. It was so nice to have the pool right outside our villa.

We went to Epcot at night. England, France and Italy are our favorite places to visit. The fireworks are really close in Italy. The extra Christmas fireworks are superb.

Going back home to our villa at the Grand is enchanting!!!
Register to remove

Old 12-18-2013, 10:58 AM   #1908
bethclayton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
. How is your lab doing? I hope things are going ok .
thanks for asking! well, she has definitely turned a corner and is healing, so that is a huge relief. but the two downsides are 1) the mass was cancer, and they did not get all the cancerous cells, so it will come back. 2) we are looking at months of her having 24/7 supervision because that is how long she will have to be bandaged (until the skin grows back). it's a disaster! but i am so glad that she is feeling better, she seems much more normal and is even walking on that leg again finally. we have had a lot of snow lately (both my labs love snow) and she has just been romping around in it like a puppy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post

k&a&c'smom DD and I will be doing some baking later on today...and your yummy recipe will be one of the things that we are making...MickeyNut's peanut butter blossoms too...
BethClayton Hope that the job change has sunk in and that you are finally celebrating!
the job thing is slowly sinking in and i will say that i have not had a migraine in days- for the first time in months- so that tells you something! lol! how did the baking go? i am glad your dd helped! mine helped me bake one batch of iced sugar cookies a couple of weeks ago and apparently that was enough for her! bah humbug!
Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
Hello, fellow GF lovers!! Sorry I've been MIA, I'm up here in cold and snowy Chicago for another few days, had to pop in and see what everyone is up to.

My DH has kindly informed me he was in shirt sleeves yesterday, running a leaf blower and working up a sweat! It was in the upper 60s at home, waaaah!! Supposed to continue with 50s-60s until I head home on Friday, of course.

I haven't read back to my last post, but it sounds like everyone is in baking mode. beth, your post made me feel warm and fuzzy, thinking of everyone all doing the same things at once. I'm so glad you are finished with such a stressful and despised job. Good for you, I'm so happy for you!!
how is chicago? are you still there or back home now? you little jet setter! i am jealous of your home temperatures, it has been so COLD here! much colder than a normal december.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmocha View Post
I will be in the Christmas Spirit as soon as we hit Florida sometime tomorrow! I am done with the snow and want to see some palm tree for Christmas this year!

In less than 24 hours we will be on the road, heading to warmer pastures . . . I can't wait. I need to finish packing, which is that I need to start packing. It look like a tornado hit my living room. It is slightly organized chaos. I just need to get it into the suitcases! We are so close to leaving, I can almost smell the gingerbread!!!!
ok, i am beyond envious and so excited for you! have an amazing trip and pleeeeease indulge us with a report (at least once you get home if you're too busy while you are there!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyminnie View Post
Where was everybody yesterday?!? Did you all just decide to travel on down to the GF and see the Christmas decorations with me??
i WISH!

candy orlandothank you so much for all your updates. i love reading them! i am happy for you, you seem to be having a really wonderful trip!

i hope everyone has a great day! i am- as per usual these days- trapped home with the dog , so i am using the time to make some gift card holders and the always-fun laundry!

Old 12-18-2013, 11:07 AM   #1909
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Hi, Bethclayton...I MEANT to say "without me"..my question would have made more sense! I was operating this morning on less sleep and not enough coffee when I first posted.

Loving your live reports, Candy Orlando! Keep 'em coming!
Old 12-18-2013, 12:57 PM   #1910
cgulls
Mouseketeer

monorail

this is a bummer for our February trip. Sorry if old news here:

http://www.wdwmagic.com/transportati...early-2014.htm
Old 12-18-2013, 01:05 PM   #1911
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I wish!! and the with you part sounds good too!! Lets go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Orlando View Post
Having the Grand as our vacation home has made going to the Magic Kingdom so much fun. My granddaughter wanted to go to Starbucks so my daughter and husband also had to try it. They all had a breakfast wrap and iced coffee. We love Main Street in the morning because we love the street performers.

We went back to our villa at the Grand for lunch because I have food allergies. My husband and I relaxed at the beach pool until dinner. It was so nice to have the pool right outside our villa.

We went to Epcot at night. England, France and Italy are our favorite places to visit. The fireworks are really close in Italy. The extra Christmas fireworks are superb.

Going back home to our villa at the Grand is enchanting!!!
Candy Thanks again for the live updates...they are the next best thing to being at the GF! Everything sounds wonderful!

k&a&c'smom Just like a husband to let you know about the nice weather at home..while you are freezing!

beth The baking went well..the eating what we baked is going even better...lol...Yay for no more migraines..and your dog being on the mend too..sorry that the he will be facing a recurrence in the future...but it sound slike he is rebounding very well..

princessMocha Safe travels and have a GRAND vacation!!!

HairyChest Was looking at those nice pics that you posted again..and realized that that view is from VGF..not the GF...lovely no matter from where...but it is from the villas....

MickeyNut whatcha been up to?? Baking..getting all set for the holidays?? I think at this time next year you will be getting ready for your Disney cruise...

Saw a thread here about the monorail being down from 11:30 AM TO 7PM from 1/21 to March of 2014... I don't think that this will impact our vacation too much..but I am some what concerned...We prefer traveling via the water launches generally...just not sure how crowded this mode of transportation will be..? And we do tend to return to the resort mid day..for a little "lounge lizard" break...LOL... I guess only time will tell...

Old 12-18-2013, 01:28 PM   #1912
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Thanks cgulls I was just mentioning about the monorail being down in my previous post ... Looks like it will be during the week but not on week ends..and all the way thru the end of March..

Hopefully this will make for an new and improved system...

Last edited by BlueSkies; 12-18-2013 at 01:48 PM.
Old 12-18-2013, 03:12 PM   #1913
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Candy Orlando, it sounds like you are having a Grand vacation. I'm enjoying your reports!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethclayton View Post
thanks for asking! well, she has definitely turned a corner and is healing, so that is a huge relief. but the two downsides are 1) the mass was cancer, and they did not get all the cancerous cells, so it will come back. 2) we are looking at months of her having 24/7 supervision because that is how long she will have to be bandaged (until the skin grows back). it's a disaster! but i am so glad that she is feeling better, she seems much more normal and is even walking on that leg again finally. we have had a lot of snow lately (both my labs love snow) and she has just been romping around in it like a puppy.

the job thing is slowly sinking in and i will say that i have not had a migraine in days- for the first time in months- so that tells you something! lol! how did the baking go? i am glad your dd helped! mine helped me bake one batch of iced sugar cookies a couple of weeks ago and apparently that was enough for her! bah humbug!

how is chicago? are you still there or back home now? you little jet setter! i am jealous of your home temperatures, it has been so COLD here! much colder than a normal december.

i hope everyone has a great day! i am- as per usual these days- trapped home with the dog , so i am using the time to make some gift card holders and the always-fun laundry!
LOL about the "always-fun laundry"! Too true.

I'm still in Chicago, my oldest DS had surgery last week and tomorrow is the post op visit. If he is released, I'll be heading back home to get ready for Christmas - and he will be, too.

Thanks for the update on your poor doggie, your description of her cavorting in the snow made me smile - and a little teary-eyed. So wonderful she is enjoying life, I'll bet that is a huge relief. Here's hoping her recovery is swift and as pain free as possible.

What a relief about the migraines, too. I had a similar experience years ago, my job was causing headaches on a daily basis. It took a while for me to recognize it, but when I did I realized I had been having a headache every day for months!

Quote:
Hi, Bethclayton...I MEANT to say "without me"..my question would have made more sense! I was operating this morning on less sleep and not enough coffee when I first posted.
I read it the way you meant it, but either way makes sense. Let's all head down, today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgulls View Post
this is a bummer for our February trip. Sorry if old news here:

http://www.wdwmagic.com/transportati...early-2014.htm

Quote:

k&a&c'smom Just like a husband to let you know about the nice weather at home..while you are freezing!
LOL - so true!

Quote:
beth The baking went well..the eating what we baked is going even better...lol...
Did you make the pecan tassies?! Those things are hard to stop eating.

Someone (was it you, princessmocha?) asked if they taste like pecan pie. I think they are a bit better, as the crust is a cream cheese shortbread and they are the perfect one bite size.

Quote:
HairyChest Was looking at those nice pics that you posted again..and realized that that view is from VGF..not the GF...lovely no matter from where...but it is from the villas....

Saw a thread here about the monorail being down from 11:30 AM TO 7PM from 1/21 to March of 2014... I don't think that this will impact our vacation too much..but I am some what concerned...We prefer traveling via the water launches generally...just not sure how crowded this mode of transportation will be..? And we do tend to return to the resort mid day..for a little "lounge lizard" break...LOL... I guess only time will tell...
I thought that, too - the view photo is from the villas.

I hope the monorail thing doesn't impact your stay too much, what a pain! Hopefully, they are doing some major improvements for such a long closure.

We love traveling by the launch, too, especially on a sunny day, so peaceful.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 12-18-2013, 03:24 PM   #1914
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
BRRRR . . . I bet Chicago is cold, cold, cold . . . That wasn't very nice of DH to rub in that he was in warmer weather! I am hoping that it stays warm for you when head home!
I know! So mean. Chicago has been frigid, but today it has warmed up quite a bit. Thanks for the warm wishes, I hope the weather at home holds 'til I get back, but I doubt it.

Quote:

In less than 24 hours we will be on the road, heading to warmer pastures . . . I can't wait. I need to finish packing, which is that I need to start packing. It look like a tornado hit my living room. It is slightly organized chaos. I just need to get it into the suitcases! We are so close to leaving, I can almost smell the gingerbread!!!!
Aww, phooey! I've missed your send off. Well, safe travels and have a Grand time!

LOL about the packing, I can soooo relate, I'm a notorious last minute packer.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 12-18-2013, 03:55 PM   #1915
cgulls
Mouseketeer

Unhappy

Quote:
Thanks cgulls I was just mentioning about the monorail being down in my previous post ... Looks like it will be during the week but not on week ends..and all the way thru the end of March..

Hopefully this will make for an new and improved system...
Agreed. Except that we February guests are witnessing several things getting newer and improved: Splash, Peoplemover, Festival of the Lion King, Backlot Tour, Plaza Restaurant, Pinocchio Village Haus and now daytime monorail. My family is starting to wonder, "maybe it's us!"
Old 12-18-2013, 04:03 PM   #1916
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgulls View Post
Agreed. Except that we February guests are witnessing several things getting newer and improved: Splash, Peoplemover, Festival of the Lion King, Backlot Tour, Plaza Restaurant, Pinocchio Village Haus and now daytime monorail. My family is starting to wonder, "maybe it's us!"
Arrrgggg, I'm bringing my pirate costume and commandeering the ferry that goes between the MK, GF and Poly - who is with me? We will rechristen her the "Black Pearl"

Arggggg

Hey, we just had our third snowstorm up here, and I really wanted to see my ticker for how many days until WARM!!!

Tom
Old 12-18-2013, 08:32 PM   #1917
HairyChest
Mouseketeer

Yea I just realized they were from the villas but I seen pix from the hotel view and they are spectacular .

I'm wondering if the rumored refurbished rooms will look similar to the villas and if they will be done by May when I'm there (as well as the dwarves mine cart ride) *wishes hard*
Old 12-19-2013, 06:44 AM   #1918
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Morning, GF friends...6 days til Christmas; are you ready?

Hi, Blue, I'll be happy if you go with me (better THAT than without me! Right now I could use some "lounge lizard" time! Either that or a nice massage would do....

I read that info re: the monorail being down for that long period. I wouldn't like being on the monorail line and being inconvenienced like that. Thank goodness for that water launch!
(and believe it or not, I have actually been considering changing my early May bounceback to a Feb. visit, so this monorail issue would affect us...)
Old 12-19-2013, 08:12 AM   #1919
Candy Orlando
DIS Veteran

The CM's that are here at the VGF asked us if we wanted to see a grand villa. They took us up to the 6th floor. The villa and it's view is magnificent!!! It has three bedrooms and a media room which is like having four bedrooms and four baths. The living room, dining room and kitchen are an open floor plan. They said it was 2800 sq ft.

We went to Welcome Home Wednesday at 2:00pm at the Boardwalk. The CM's asked us to play one of there games because it was our 40th Anniversary. They blindfolded my husband and another man while I and the other wife held a microphone to tell them were to go to get items to put in a bag we were holding. It was so funny I couldn't stop laughing. Everyone in the audience had a great time. They give us pins for our participation.

Last night we went to the Magic Kingdom to see the fireworks. When we left to go back to the Grand the boat was at the dock! We were so lucky because all the other lines were so long.

I love the Grand!!!
Old 12-19-2013, 01:45 PM   #1920
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Orlando View Post
The CM's that are here at the VGF asked us if we wanted to see a grand villa. They took us up to the 6th floor. The villa and it's view is magnificent!!! It has three bedrooms and a media room which is like having four bedrooms and four baths. The living room, dining room and kitchen are an open floor plan. They said it was 2800 sq ft.

We went to Welcome Home Wednesday at 2:00pm at the Boardwalk. The CM's asked us to play one of there games because it was our 40th Anniversary. They blindfolded my husband and another man while I and the other wife held a microphone to tell them were to go to get items to put in a bag we were holding. It was so funny I couldn't stop laughing. Everyone in the audience had a great time. They give us pins for our participation.

Last night we went to the Magic Kingdom to see the fireworks. When we left to go back to the Grand the boat was at the dock! We were so lucky because all the other lines were so long.

I love the Grand!!!
Me too!! I may not ever stay at the VGF but staying at the Grand is wonderful!
Your report almost makes me feel as if I am there....

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: