Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 07:12 AM   #1831
electricsoup
Roller Derby Disney Princess

Just got back from CL RPC stay at our GF! It was out first Christmas time stay, and it was so nice!! I was surprised at how busy the entire resort was, including the GF. I heard it all over - our supposed "slow week" was taken over by crowds!

Past Visits: 11/13 (offsite)/12/13 (RPC GF!!), 1/13 (GF), 10/12 (BLT & CR 1 night!) 2/12 (GF), 6/11 (GF), 4/10 (GF), '06 (Pop), 10/04 (CBR), 10/03 (CBR), 3/96, 89, 85 (Off property)
Old 12-06-2013, 07:27 AM   #1832
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamouse View Post
I agree that the Poly is beautiful at any time! Just wish it wasn't a construction scene at the moment, although I'm sure it will look great once complete!

And I am so glad to hear that you have (potential) May/June and December trips to look forward to. By that time, I'm sure there will be many more fun things to see/do and you will be glad you postponed! I'm a little sad that we're just missing the mine train in New Fantasyland, but guess it just gives us another reason to go back!
I agree about the construction. I wish is wasn't going on right now as I really considered it for our May/June trip (should we go) and although I could handle the construction part of it, the volcano pool closure is a deal breaker for us......so no Poly this time around ......but there will be another Poly stay somewhere down the line .

Thanks about the potential spring/summer trip as well as December . We are always so busy in the spring/summer that if we don't make it down the end of May, I know December will be right around the corner .

Sorry you are missing the mine train, but like you said, just another reason to plan another trip .

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyminnie View Post
Good morning, GF buddies.. We all must be very busy, this thread is moving so slowly..

Our days have been so warm, it seems like a Florida Christmas season here! I did go out yesterday for a little Christmas shopping, but certainly did not need a coat. Near 70 here!!
Good morning, grannyminnie .

I hope your Christmas shopping went well . Please send some of that warm weather this way as it's only supposed to be high of around 23 here today ....I'd even take temps in the 40s/50s at this point .

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
Yeppers!!! We love BLT for our family and when they announced VGF we knew we needed to try it

I literally called and looked online many times they day the bookings were to be released. They kept saying at CRO that not available but I kept checking. Finally at 6 or 7 pm they showed up online

It is pricey but for teen boy and girl we would really need 2 rooms. The 2br villas are comparable to the price of two rooms. BUT you get the added space of the living room and kitchen plus laundry! Also we upgraded from 1br to 2 last year(could never get one but I checked daily until I found a Cxl). I like the 2 br because dd and I often stay out late and come back to room with ds in MY spot in king bed, I then get stuck in sleeper sofa. If on vacation, I want a REAL bed

This looks like the last family trip at Disney for a while. Dd and I will go late spring /early summer but the guys have had enough
I can't wait to see more pics and hear how you like the villa. Hope you have a very magical trip . Sorry this will be the last family trip for awhile, but at least you and DD can make some mother/daughter memories .

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricsoup View Post
Just got back from CL RPC stay at our GF! It was out first Christmas time stay, and it was so nice!! I was surprised at how busy the entire resort was, including the GF. I heard it all over - our supposed "slow week" was taken over by crowds!
Glad you had a nice time and enjoyed GF RPC. RPC is amazing, especially during the holidays .

Hope everyone has a good day and stays warm .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2013, 07:56 AM   #1833
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

An easy child or just a very pragmatic/spoiled child, although I would like to think the former. The date is what cracked us up too!

We are so excited about the GF and I can't believe how quickly January is approaching! And of course I love to see more of you too! I am always lurking, but just don't get around to posting enough.

I'm sorry to hear that you were apart from your kids for Thanksgiving, but glad to hear that it was nice regardless. I hope you have plans to be with them over Christmas at least!
January will be here before you know it. Nice that your Dad gets his first taste of the Grand.

Thanks about the kids - yes, we have a big Christmas get together planned. DD and her Lab, my oldest DS and his dog and cat will be here for nearly 2 weeks, my younger son and his fiance and their dog will be here for a couple days (they don't get as much time off at once). Can't wait!!

Quote:
Thanks guys, I have seen those pics I just want more and more.

Well I will be there soon enough and get pics myself
Oh, gotcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyminnie View Post
Good morning, GF buddies.. We all must be very busy, this thread is moving so slowly..

Our days have been so warm, it seems like a Florida Christmas season here! I did go out yesterday for a little Christmas shopping, but certainly did not need a coat. Near 70 here!!
I miss our warm weather of last week! We are having frigid temps this week, ugh. It is 19 right now but "feels like" 5 with wind chill. Possible snow.

Quote:
....I like the 2 br because dd and I often stay out late and come back to room with ds in MY spot in king bed, I then get stuck in sleeper sofa. If on vacation, I want a REAL bed.

This looks like the last family trip at Disney for a while. Dd and I will go late spring /early summer but the guys have had enough
I laughed at the thought of finding a kid in your spot! Sorry about the family trips, ours went the same way. First, my oldest DS and DH dropped out, but I still had DS2 and DD. When DS2 was 15, he decided he'd had enough Disney, too, so for many years it has been just DD and I.~sigh~ We have had good times, though.

Quote:
Man, you know it! We used to go around this time, too, but when we started having so many people from Pop Warner and other groups, we decided it wasn't a slow week any longer.

Glad you had a Grand vacation, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post

Good morning, grannyminnie.

I hope your Christmas shopping went well . Please send some of that warm weather this way as it's only supposed to be high of around 23 here today ....I'd even take temps in the 40s/50s at this point .

Hope everyone has a good day and stays warm .
Looks like we are the ones in the deep freeze. We'll have to band together for warmth. My poor dog has been going out begrudgingly, looking around as the door slams behind her and then stands on the deck, surveying the yard, fur blowing like she's on the Arctic tundra!!
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser

Last edited by k&a&c'smom; 12-06-2013 at 08:04 AM.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:43 AM   #1834
phyllis1966
DIS addict who eats vicariously through others on the Restaurant Board
It makes me feel old when a young whippersnapper calls me "ma'am"

It's a rainy 54 degrees here in NJ today...I prefer a chillier December, myself!

I am seriously missing the GF and WDW so much right now...our last trip was last October, and since DD started high school this year, we decided not to take her out of school for our usual fall trip. I actually don't know when we'll be able to make it back and that makes me a bit sad.

Looking at all your photos and reading about your plans helps me get through it, though, so keep it up!

May 2006::December 2006 - surprise 40th Birthday family trip!!!
November 2007::November 2009::November 2010
November 2011 - GF surprised us with upgrade to RPC-TPV!::October 2012 - GF surprised us again - upgraded to Sugarloaf for 20th Anniversary!::July 2014 - Aulani!::F&WF Quickie October 2014
Sweet 16 Trip to Disneyland - July 2015

Our little family: DH and me ~ DD15 ~ Gracie
Old 12-06-2013, 04:37 PM   #1835
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just had my first RPC stay a month ago, did you love it too.

I loved exploring the floors and eating all day long. I am usually a very light eater but everything made for me was just a treat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phyllis1966 View Post
It's a rainy 54 degrees here in NJ today...I prefer a chillier December, myself!

I am seriously missing the GF and WDW so much right now...our last trip was last October, and since DD started high school this year, we decided not to take her out of school for our usual fall trip. I actually don't know when we'll be able to make it back and that makes me a bit sad.

Looking at all your photos and reading about your plans helps me get through it, though, so keep it up!

It is harder as kids get older

I love pics too. I will send some in January. Also keep an eye on CR thread I will have pics there too
Quote:

We are so excited about the GF and I can't believe how quickly January is approaching! And of course I love to see more of you too! I am always lurking, but just don't get around to posting enough.
I am finding it hard to get excited about Christmas and disney at the same time. I can manage though

Let me know if any q's since I should be there just before you. I usually pack very early but January weather can be almost anything so I think I will just wait until after Christmas.

HEY Mickeynut. Doing any baking yet? I think I will do some tomorrow.

ALSO I remembered today how rude the people were in Gasparilla's. I really enjoyed it but others just wanted to bark orders and expect quick responses.

I got great service, of course I smiled and said thank you sincerely

Enjoy the weekend all

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL 19 17
Old 12-06-2013, 04:50 PM   #1836
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
Thanks about the kids - yes, we have a big Christmas get together planned. DD and her Lab, my oldest DS and his dog and cat will be here for nearly 2 weeks, my younger son and his fiance and their dog will be here for a couple days (they don't get as much time off at once). Can't wait!!
Sounds like a crowded but fun group!
Quote:

I laughed at the thought of finding a kid in your spot! Sorry about the family trips, ours went the same way. First, my oldest DS and DH dropped out, but I still had DS2 and DD. When DS2 was 15, he decided he'd had enough Disney, too, so for many years it has been just DD and I.~sigh~ We have had good times, though.
I will take ANY disney I can get
Dd and I have a great time, hopefully we can do it for years to come. I just had a nice trip with my mom to Dallas to visit my bro and family. I think my mom enjoyed a break from dad

I missed disney resorts!!! Had to stay in a Holiday Inn

It was just days after my RPC stay and oh man was it a let down. I think that's why I am so excited about upcoming family trip.

Does your family have any holiday food requests??? I need my moms kolochkies(sp)!!!

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL 19 17
Old 12-06-2013, 08:52 PM   #1837
bethclayton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
i demand more info about your trip, lol!

Quote:

that sounds like a wonderful christmas plan! the house will be too quiet when they all leave in january! i swear i will need to be heavily medicated when my kids grow up and leave the nest! i will miss them so! glad you will get to have so much time with yours!

i never realized until now that your other family members aren't as into disney any more! wow! thank goodness your dd is in it for the long haul!

Quote:

I loved exploring the floors and eating all day long. I am usually a very light eater but everything made for me was just a treat.

I love pics too. I will send some in January.

I am finding it hard to get excited about Christmas and disney at the same time. I can manage though
omg, that is me. exploring the shops a hundred different times, sitting in all the seating areas (why?), and eating all. day. long. we have done CL also at poly and BC but the food at the GF is just an experience in and of itself. pitiful, i know, lol! i read these other threads about how terrible it is that some people seem to spend so much time at the lounge, and all i can do is hang my head in shame and own it, lol!

looking forward to more pics from you!

i, too, am having a weird start to the christmas season. usually i am so into it but this year, having trouble feeling it. trying, though. playing a lot of christmas music and leaving the indoor christmas lights on all day. lots of online shopping done.

for those of you who remember my job saga from the summer, i finally had enough and resigned two days ago! what a relief to be done with all that nonsense. i got a new job, it is part time (which i REALLY wanted but never thought i would find, everything i have found was full time), it is actually a position i used to work in about ten years ago and loved. very flexible schedule, great boss (same as when i worked there before). i got very, very lucky.

one of my labs had a botched routine surgery and we have had a terrible 3 weeks with more to come. i will spare you all the gory details but she needs 24/7 supervision and lots of care and unfortunately, the best case scenario is that IF she heals, it will be months of this. it is taking its toll on us, to say the least- with dh at work till 11 pm every night it is a bit much to have someone watch her 24/7 when i am the only adult caring for and chauffeuring both kids. it's so frustrating because going into this, it should have been "no big deal." and so far, we are in a total of nearly a whole GF vacation, with more expenses to come... very unexpected. but... what can you do?
Old 12-06-2013, 09:16 PM   #1838
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethclayton View Post

that sounds like a wonderful christmas plan! the house will be too quiet when they all leave in january! i swear i will need to be heavily medicated when my kids grow up and leave the nest! i will miss them so! glad you will get to have so much time with yours!

i, too, am having a weird start to the christmas season. usually i am so into it but this year, having trouble feeling it. trying, though. playing a lot of christmas music and leaving the indoor christmas lights on all day. lots of online shopping done.
I miss the Christmas music I grew up with. My parents lost all of our records in floods of Storms Irene and Lee in 2011.
Quote:
for those of you who remember my job saga from the summer, i finally had enough and resigned two days ago! what a relief to be done with all that nonsense. i got a new job, it is part time (which i REALLY wanted but never thought i would find, everything i have found was full time), it is actually a position i used to work in about ten years ago and loved. very flexible schedule, great boss (same as when i worked there before). i got very, very lucky.

one of my labs had a botched routine surgery and we have had a terrible 3 weeks with more to come. i will spare you all the gory details but she needs 24/7 supervision and lots of care and unfortunately, the best case scenario is that IF she heals, it will be months of this. it is taking its toll on us, to say the least- with dh at work till 11 pm every night it is a bit much to have someone watch her 24/7 when i am the only adult caring for and chauffeuring both kids. it's so frustrating because going into this, it should have been "no big deal." and so far, we are in a total of nearly a whole GF vacation, with more expenses to come... very unexpected. but... what can you do?
I left a job when my kids were your kids ages, best thing I ever did. An unhappy mom at work brings it home no matter how hard we try not too. Next year you will be well rested and think back and be happy with your choice.

Sorry about your lab. My sis has had similar issues.

Stop and take a moment.... Think of us with big kids.... We so miss having younger ones at home. I know they SEEM old to you but no, they still need you so enjoy.

(I just looked at your kids ages again and you just 5 years behind me yet it seems so long ago.)

Old 12-07-2013, 08:38 AM   #1839
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

It is hard when they get into HS, isn't it?! Sorry you are missing it so much but can't find the time to go. I'm in the same boat, you and I and beth will have to form a support group.

Quote:

Dd and I have a great time, hopefully we can do it for years to come. I just had a nice trip with my mom to Dallas to visit my bro and family. I think my mom enjoyed a break from dad

I missed disney resorts!!! Had to stay in a Holiday Inn

It was just days after my RPC stay and oh man was it a let down. I think that's why I am so excited about upcoming family trip.

Does your family have any holiday food requests??? I need my moms kolochkies(sp)!!!
LOL about the fun group - it is, we all laugh a lot.

I know what you mean about missing Disney resorts. DD and I were in a hotel...somewhere, can't think right now where.... and we kept saying, "what?! no Mickey? no music in the evening? no SAB?" Glad you and your mom had a nice time, even if it was in the Holiday Inn!

Your mom's pastries (see how I did that?! lol) sound delicious. The kids always ask me to make fudge, baked goods of all kinds and Chex mix. It's a tradition for us to have Chex mix throughout the holiday season, if they get here and I've not made it yet, they are aghast!

Quote:

i never realized until now that your other family members aren't as into disney any more! wow! thank goodness your dd is in it for the long haul!
I join you in that demand - electricsoup, you are summoned!

You are so right about the house being too quiet when they all leave. Every year, it is the same. Christmas is the only time we are able to all get together in one place, and it is wonderful. Some of my kids' friends stop by, too, to play games and eat, etc.

It's disappointing the other family members do not enjoy Disney, but at least I have my girl, she sweetly indulges me.

Quote:
omg, that is me. exploring the shops a hundred different times, sitting in all the seating areas (why?), and eating all. day. long. we have done CL also at poly and BC but the food at the GF is just an experience in and of itself. pitiful, i know, lol! i read these other threads about how terrible it is that some people seem to spend so much time at the lounge, and all i can do is hang my head in shame and own it, lol!
This made me shout with laughter!! I have to own it, too, then - I love spending time in the lounge, I don't care who knows it! When DD and her friends go off for some park touring, I spend time there, soaking up the atmosphere and chatting with the CMs.

Quote:

Oh, beth, I'm so glad you have found a great job and left that stressful situation. Oh, happy day!! With the job situation the way it is now, I understand anyone feeling stuck - but I am happy for you that you were able to ride it out until the perfect job opened up.

So very sorry about your baby, what an awful thing. Poor girl. I can't imagine - my DD's Lab cut all four paws in a romp at the farm, which we didn't notice until she couldn't walk back in from the yard! That took a couple weeks to heal, and we thought that was an anguish. Poor thing, and poor you. No wonder you are having trouble getting into the Christmas mood. Another hug, wish I was there to deliver it in person.

Quote:
I miss the Christmas music I grew up with. My parents lost all of our records in floods of Storms Irene and Lee in 2011.

I left a job when my kids were your kids ages, best thing I ever did. An unhappy mom at work brings it home no matter how hard we try not too. Next year you will be well rested and think back and be happy with your choice.

Sorry about your lab. My sis has had similar issues.

Stop and take a moment.... Think of us with big kids.... We so miss having younger ones at home. I know they SEEM old to you but no, they still need you so enjoy.

(I just looked at your kids ages again and you just 5 years behind me yet it seems so long ago.)
Sorry about the loss of your old records. What a shame. My parents gave away a bunch of mine, I was just mourning them the other day!

You are so right about cherishing all the moments when your kids are at home. I say that to young couples all the time that seem exasperated with their little ones. I understand, day to day can get overwhelming, but soak it up - there will come a day they will wish they could do up a tiny coat, wash their face, tuck them in bed or read them a story. It only seems they will be little forever, it actually flies by.

I have completely veered off topic - AGAIN!! Here is a photo:

*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Old 12-07-2013, 08:52 AM   #1840
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
yes, we have a big Christmas get together planned. DD and her Lab, my oldest DS and his dog and cat will be here for nearly 2 weeks, my younger son and his fiance and their dog will be here for a couple days (they don't get as much time off at once). Can't wait!!

I miss our warm weather of last week! We are having frigid temps this week, ugh. It is 19 right now but "feels like" 5 with wind chill. Possible snow.

Looks like we are the ones in the deep freeze. We'll have to band together for warmth. My poor dog has been going out begrudgingly, looking around as the door slams behind her and then stands on the deck, surveying the yard, fur blowing like she's on the Arctic tundra!!
Sounds like you have a big Christmas planned and will have a house full ....but it will be worth it to have everyone there .

I miss our slightly warmer temps too.....went from mid 50s down to the teens ....with not much chance of them climbing up anytime soon .

LOL about your dog.....sounds like she doesn't like the cold much....and I can't say I blame her .

Quote:
I will gladly switch with you....LOL....it's a whopping 9 degrees here this morning .

Quote:
HEY Mickeynut. Doing any baking yet? I think I will do some tomorrow.
No baking here yet......I usually bake closer to Christmas, so will probably start in about a week and a half . What kind of goodies are you baking?

Quote:

Count me in the group that spends a lot of time in the lounge as well as the shops . I could go to Disney and do just that without even going to any of the parks as that would be a very relaxing vacation to me .

Congrats on the job . Glad you found something part time and that it's at a place you like, flexible schedule, and a good boss .

So sorry to hear about your dog . I hope things start looking up for her and she does heal and heals quicker than expected .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 12-07-2013, 09:01 AM   #1841
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You are so right about cherishing all the moments when your kids are at home. I say that to young couples all the time that seem exasperated with their little ones. I understand, day to day can get overwhelming, but soak it up - there will come a day they will wish they could do up a tiny coat, wash their face, tuck them in bed or read them a story. It only seems they will be little forever, it actually flies by.
I do the same thing. I'm always telling people with young kids to cherish every moment as their little ones will be grown before they know it and they will wonder where the time went. Our boys are 18 & 20 and it seems like just yesterday my oldest was entering pre-school. I'm a stay at home mom so I was with them 24/7 growing up, but I still don't know where the years went .

Old 12-07-2013, 09:38 AM   #1842
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sounds like you have a big Christmas planned and will have a house full ....but it will be worth it to have everyone there .

I miss our slightly warmer temps too.....went from mid 50s down to the teens ....with not much chance of them climbing up anytime soon .

LOL about your dog.....sounds like she doesn't like the cold much....and I can't say I blame her .

....it's a whopping 9 degrees here this morning .
Love the crowded house, very sweet indeed.

LOL about the dog, she doesn't much like wind chill and rain, but she loves the snow. Weird, right?!

Your weather sounds close to ours, we are presently at 12 degrees with -2 wind chill. Brrr.

Quote:
No baking here yet......I usually bake closer to Christmas, so will probably start in about a week and a half .
I usually bake closer to Christmas, too, but have to leave for 2 weeks tomorrow. I'm going to try to bake some cookies today and freeze them - my first attempt at freezing cookies, wish me luck!

Quote:
Count me in the group that spends a lot of time in the lounge as well as the shops . I could go to Disney and do just that without even going to any of the parks as that would be a very relaxing vacation to me .

Quote:
I do the same thing. I'm always telling people with young kids to cherish every moment as their little ones will be grown before they know it and they will wonder where the time went. Our boys are 18 & 20 and it seems like just yesterday my oldest was entering pre-school. I'm a stay at home mom so I was with them 24/7 growing up, but I still don't know where the years went .
I know! I was a stay at home mom for 7 years, then went back to work. It's hard to leave them to go to work, and it's hard to see them leave home. Hugs to all the moms who are missing their "little ones"!

Here's another photo :

Last edited by k&a&c'smom; 12-07-2013 at 09:44 AM.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:47 AM   #1843
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
LOL about the dog, she doesn't much like wind chill and rain, but she loves the snow. Weird, right?!

I usually bake closer to Christmas, too, but have to leave for 2 weeks tomorrow. I'm going to try to bake some cookies today and freeze them - my first attempt at freezing cookies, wish me luck!

I know! I was a stay at home mom for 7 years, then went back to work. It's hard to leave them to go to work, and it's hard to see them leave home. Hugs to all the moms who are missing their "little ones"!

Here's another photo :
That is weird....LOL....but our lab was the same way.....loved the snow but didn't like going out when it was raining or very cold .

I hope you're able to get some baking done. I can't help with baking and freezing as I've never done it, but good luck....I'm sure everything will turn out just fine . Also, safe travels tomorrow.

I'll join you in hugs to the moms missing their "little ones". Even though mine are older and still home, I know the time will come for them to leave the house, which will really take a toll on me .

Love the pics you've been posting....I love the GF at Christmas time.....makes me want to be there now .

Old 12-07-2013, 09:50 AM   #1844
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

You guys are making me sad with all the talk of kids going out on their own....

Mine are 7 and 9 and I already get sad thinking about it. They slept over a friends house last night and I (who normally sleeps in on the weekend) was up bright and early ready to pick them up!!! Much to their dismay, lol

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 12-07-2013, 09:50 AM   #1845
princessmocha
Mouseketeer

Quote:
January will be here before you know it. Nice that your Dad gets his first taste of the Grand.

That is wonderful that you get to have them all together for Christmas. I am dreading the days when my kids go off and I don't get to see them.

Brrr . . . It's cold here too. Although, it is even colder where I grew up in SD. They are reporting Wind temps in the -22 range. Just another reason I am glad I no longer live there. LOL

Your dog and my dog should get together. He does the same thing. I let him out and he stands there on the deck looking around. I often wonder what is going thru his mind . . . When he comes back in he give me that look that says, "Really, you couldn't train me to use the toilet inside. It's too cold out there!"

Quote:

I am starting to have the same dilemma with my son. He is in the Jr. High now, but it comes with so much more work! Makes me sad my baby is growing up!

Quote:

I too will take any Disney I can get! The more the better. My grandma used to make Kolotchies (I don't know if that is the right spelling either!) and they were so yummy. My mom has tried to duplicate them, but they aren't quite the same. When I was much younger, my grandma tried to teach me how she made them . . . It was a disaster! She was one of those people who didn't follow a recipe. It was a pinch of this and a handful of that . . . I didn't get it . . . LOL

Quote:

I am glad that you found a new job! I had been in a very toxic teaching position a few years ago and I couldn't take it anymore. Then along came my dream teaching job. I now teach Cyber school and get to work even more closely with my students than I ever did before and I get to work from home. It is flexible so that if I need to take off do stuff for my kids, I can. I am a much happier mom now!

So sorry to hear about your dog. I hope he get better soon.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: