Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 12:18 AM   #1816
followthatmouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
LOL - leftovers is a wonderful, much anticipated word in my house.

Thanks for the well wishes. Do you have a similar holiday in Australia? I know they have a Canadian Thanksgiving.
k&a&c'smom, no we don't really have a comparable holiday down here. We do the Christmas, Boxing Day, New Year week quite well, though! Think both traditional holiday fare plus beaches and seafood. The only time I have ever had a cold-weather Christmas has been last year's trip to the GF! It was nippy... truly.

Old 12-05-2013, 07:58 AM   #1817
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by followthatmouse View Post
This is an extremely belated Thanksgiving wave to all my dear American GFers. I have been interstate and away from my computer for a week. So, this is my first opportunity to wish you all well for the Holiday Season. I do hope 'leftovers' is not a dirty word.

Congrats to all who have recently booked stays at the GF. I'm sure you will have a wonderful time.
Hi! Your holiday at the beach with seafood sounds wonderful!

Quote:

We had a good Thanksgiving, thank you, I hope you did as well. It was quiet, none of my kids were able to come home, but my DH and MIL enjoyed the dinner.
Glad you had Mil, I did too
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyminnie View Post
Good morning, GF pals.. I was watching a Hallmark movie this morning at 6:30 (with tree lights on )! Three weeks until Christmas! Maybe I'll start my shopping today... (wish I could put an early winter GF stay in my own stocking! )
!
My mom has me hooked on those Hallmark movies too

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post
I just saw that the Value resorts went with completely KTTW-less yesterday...I hope GF still has them in February..I really want my gold card!!
Me too! I have a SL stay on New Year's Day. I will let you know if still Kttw cards still available.
Quote:
How about gold magicbands??
Nice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
I live in my flip flops . I keep them handy all year just in case we get a warm enough day in the winter where I can sneak in a day to wear them .
Too cute!
Quote:

I can't believe Christmas is just 3 weeks away.....it seems like we just had Christmas and started a new year.....the days/weeks/months are going way too fast . Good luck with your shopping. I'm with you on the winter GF stay in your stocking....can I have one???
This has been the fastest year ever. Counting the days til I have my baby girl back home

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmocha View Post
"Leftovers" is only a dirty word to my kids . . . I think they have been turkeyed out! LOL But it has got me out of cooking a couple nights!

Good Luck with the shopping! Before I started teaching online I used to take a day off from work just to shop during the day when there were less crowds. Now I do the majority of my shopping on-line . . . No crowds there! LOL
I love online shopping too. Problem is I end up "one for them, two for me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
Gold bands to go with the gold cards..I like the way that sounds grannyminnie!
:
I still am hoping they keep the gold cards
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012DisneyWorldBride View Post
3 days from today we will be at the Grand with TPV!!!! Soooo excited!!! Tooooo excited to sleep!!!
have a grand stay
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXPyroMom View Post
YAY, we will be there at the same time.

We are supposed to arrive Saturday around 1, but the weather here in Dallas is about to drop 40 degrees and unleash freezing rain and sleet

Does anyone know if we need to contact ME or the Grand if our flight is delayed... or canceled
I have arrived really late(2am) ME is open 24hr and they don't care when you come. Not sure on hotel. Probably not a bad idea to call if not coming.

Enjoy your trip!

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL , WLcl 19 17
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2013, 08:01 AM   #1818
trishadono
DIS Veteran

not sure how that posted twice???

Oh well, Happy Afternoon!

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL , WLcl 19 17

Last edited by trishadono; 12-05-2013 at 12:32 PM.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:55 AM   #1819
TXPyroMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I hope you have a great trip without any flight delays or cancellations . I can't help with your DME question as we've never used it, but hopefully someone will be able to answer about whether or not to contact them in the case of any changes.
Thanks for the pixie dust!

Quote:
Just 3 days to go. I hope you are able to get out ahead of the bad weather.

If you are delayed by a couple hours, no need to contact anyone unless you want to. If canceled, I would definitely call the resort and they will likely update the arrival time in the system. It shouldn't be an issue either way, as there isn't really a spot reserved for your party, if you know what I mean. And I think the new ME system tracks flights, doesn't it? I know it was much easier when we used it the last time, we didn't have to go to the counter or anything.
Thanks for the advice. The bad weather is supposed to arrive tonight, so I will know more what saturday might look like tomorrow morning. Right now its just cold here.

Quote:
Awww ill be hoping for good weather there so you can make it safe and sound to Disney!!! .

That's about the time we will be arriving too lol... But we're driving over.
Thanks! Drive safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post

have a grand stay

I have arrived really late(2am) ME is open 24hr and they don't care when you come. Not sure on hotel. Probably not a bad idea to call if not coming.

Enjoy your trip!
Thanks for the advice... I really hope we arrive before 2AM... yikes!
Old 12-05-2013, 11:41 AM   #1820
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
k&a&c'smom, no we don't really have a comparable holiday down here. We do the Christmas, Boxing Day, New Year week quite well, though! Think both traditional holiday fare plus beaches and seafood. The only time I have ever had a cold-weather Christmas has been last year's trip to the GF! It was nippy... truly.
YUM!! I want your holiday feast, and weather. Beaches and seafood at Christmas, what a thought.~sigh~ As I said earlier, DH and I could live without another snowflake - ever!

LOL about it being nippy at the GF. You need to experience a real winter Christmas just once, so you can say you've done it. Then go back to your glorious season.

Quote:

.... I have a SL stay on New Year's Day. I will let you know if still Kttw cards still available.

This has been the fastest year ever. Counting the days til I have my baby girl back home

I love online shopping too. Problem is I end up "one for them, two for me"

Awww, I know what you mean about counting the days 'til your baby girl is back home. I'm the same.

LOL about one for them, two for you...good system.

We have arrived at around 11:30 for ME and it was no problem - except the later buses seem to have to wait longer for a full load, and once our driver agreed to drop off the PO resorts, too. We had 5 stops on that bus, and of course, the Grand was the last.

Looking forward to your report back on the gold cards.

Quote:

Thanks for the advice. The bad weather is supposed to arrive tonight, so I will know more what saturday might look like tomorrow morning. Right now its just cold here.

Thanks for the advice... I really hope we arrive before 2AM... yikes!
Good luck, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! Luckily, the WDW resorts are very good about flight delays, and as has been mentioned, ME should be no issue at all, so try not to worry. (easy for me to say, right?!)
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 12-05-2013, 12:38 PM   #1821
trishadono
DIS Veteran

I am still patiently waiting for pictures of the 2br villa

Especially the 2nd bedroom and hallways because those are hard to get.

Also balcony too!!!

Anybody

Old 12-05-2013, 02:34 PM   #1822
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Quote:

Also balcony too!!!

Anybody
http://disneyvacationclub.disney.go....ridian-villas/
Old 12-05-2013, 03:57 PM   #1823
princessmocha
Mouseketeer

Quote:
3 days from today we will be at the Grand with TPV!!!! Soooo excited!!! Tooooo excited to sleep!!!
WOO HOO!!!! I think you may only be 2 days out now! So exciting. I can't wait to hear all about your trip! Have a magical time!

Quote:
YAY, we will be there at the same time.

We are supposed to arrive Saturday around 1, but the weather here in Dallas is about to drop 40 degrees and unleash freezing rain and sleet

Does anyone know if we need to contact ME or the Grand if our flight is delayed... or canceled
2 more days for you too!!!!! WOO HOO! I hope the drive is easy and that the storm isn't going to be as bad as they are predicting. Today it is 60 degrees here and then tomorrow we are supposed to get around 3 inches of snow. Stay safe!

Old 12-05-2013, 05:17 PM   #1824
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Also balcony too!!!

Anybody
I posted some a while back that BCV23 sent of her stay in a 2BR. I'll see if I can find the page.

ETA: here is the link to BCV's photos. I'm sure you've looked at the VGF Homeowner's Thread, but I'll post it again anyway.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 12-05-2013, 08:42 PM   #1825
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

Quote:
What a cute memory for you about the letter to Santa (and that it was dated 10/32 ).

Congrats on returning the GF soon.....you will be checking in before you know it .

Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving as well . Looking forward to "seeing" you here on the thread in the coming weeks before your trip .
Thank you! I always appreciate the helpful replies that you provide on this thread and many others. We seem to share the same favorite resorts! If I recall correctly, didn't you postpone your Poly/CR CL December stay? I'm sorry to hear that because I know how excited you were about trying CL at both resorts, but I hope you have another very magical trip planned soon!

Quote:
Another adorable story. You were obviously a very easy child..."money and anything else"! Gave your parents a wide margin, lol. The kicker is the date.

Yay for your upcoming Grand stay, it will be here before you know it! Love to see more of you - bonus!

We had a good Thanksgiving, thank you, I hope you did as well. It was quiet, none of my kids were able to come home, but my DH and MIL enjoyed the dinner.
An easy child or just a very pragmatic/spoiled child, although I would like to think the former. The date is what cracked us up too!

We are so excited about the GF and I can't believe how quickly January is approaching! And of course I love to see more of you too! I am always lurking, but just don't get around to posting enough.

I'm sorry to hear that you were apart from your kids for Thanksgiving, but glad to hear that it was nice regardless. I hope you have plans to be with them over Christmas at least!

Quote:
Good morning, GF pals.. I was watching a Hallmark movie this morning at 6:30 (with tree lights on )! Three weeks until Christmas! Maybe I'll start my shopping today... (wish I could put an early winter GF stay in my own stocking! )

Love that letter to Santa, mariamouse! Alot of us probably sent some good ones Santa's way!
I love that stucking stuffer idea! And absolutely love curling next to a beautiful tree while watching sappy Christmas movies too. Sounds like the perfect start to your day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
Maria... what a cute story..October 32nd..love it! WTG on choosing the GF for your upcoming vacation..I agree it is so nice to visit in the winter..and the spring..summer...the fall...lol...
Agreed-- the GF truly is an all weather resort (whereas I find the WL more appealing in cool weather and the Poly more appealing in warm weather). We haven't seen the VGF yet, so looking forward to having that new experience and it will be my dad's very first stay there in general, so we are excited! And thank you- I'm glad you liked the story.
YC GV- January 2015, GF GV- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF LV- December 2011, AKL PV & GF GV- February 2007, BWI WV CL- February 2006, AKL SV- February 2005, Polynesian GV- February 2004, WL WV & Polynesian GV- November 2002, BC GV- February 2002, CR GV- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994

Last edited by mariamouse; 12-05-2013 at 10:00 PM.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:46 PM   #1826
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Thanks guys, I have seen those pics I just want more and more

Well I will be there soon enough and get pics myself

Old 12-05-2013, 09:25 PM   #1827
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Only 3 weeks, gaaah!!
Yes....and it's going way too fast for me .

Quote:
we don't really have a comparable holiday down here. We do the Christmas, Boxing Day, New Year week quite well, though! Think both traditional holiday fare plus beaches and seafood. The only time I have ever had a cold-weather Christmas has been last year's trip to the GF! It was nippy... truly.
Sounds like great holiday fare .

Quote:
I agree.....seems like we just had Christmas and started a new year . I hope you don't have too many days left until your DD is home .

Quote:
Thanks for the pixie dust!
You're welcome.....have a great trip .

Quote:
LOL about it being nippy at the GF. You need to experience a real winter Christmas just once, so you can say you've done it. Then go back to your glorious season.
I agree .

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmocha View Post
Today it is 60 degrees here and then tomorrow we are supposed to get around 3 inches of snow.
We had temps in the mid 50s yesterday, but only high 20s/low 30s today.....with a high of 21 predicted for the weekend .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamouse View Post
Thank you! I always appreciate the helpful replies that you provide on this thread and many others. We seem to share the same favorite resorts! If I recall correctly, didn't you postpone your Poly/CR CL December stay? I'm sorry to hear that because I know how excited you were about trying CL at both resorts, but I hope you have another very magical trip planned soon!

Agreed-- the GF truly is an all weather resort (whereas I find the WL more appealing in cool weather and the Poly more appealing in warm weather).
Awww you're so sweet, thank you . Yes, we do share the same favorite resorts....and I agree about the WL being more appealing during the cooler/winter months and the Poly being great for warmer weather, although I really do love the Poly any time of year .

We did postpone our Poly/CR CL stay for December. We were booked for a 3 night cruise with a CR stay prior to and the Poly after, but due to some circumstances that arose, we had to reschedule. It's all good, though, as I rescheduled the cruise for December 2014 and we are talking about possibly taking a long weekend trip to Disney at the end of May/beginning of June. We haven't decided for sure on that trip, but hopefully when/if discounts come out for that time frame we will have a better idea of what we're doing .

Quote:
Well I will be there soon enough and get pics myself
I can't wait to hear how you like the VGF as well as see pics .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 12-05-2013, 09:59 PM   #1828
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

Quote:

Awww you're so sweet, thank you . Yes, we do share the same favorite resorts....and I agree about the WL being more appealing during the cooler/winter months and the Poly being great for warmer weather, although I really do love the Poly any time of year .

We did postpone our Poly/CR CL stay for December. We were booked for a 3 night cruise with a CR stay prior to and the Poly after, but due to some circumstances that arose, we had to reschedule. It's all good, though, as I rescheduled the cruise for December 2014 and we are talking about possibly taking a long weekend trip to Disney at the end of May/beginning of June. We haven't decided for sure on that trip, but hopefully when/if discounts come out for that time frame we will have a better idea of what we're doing .
I agree that the Poly is beautiful at any time! Just wish it wasn't a construction scene at the moment, although I'm sure it will look great once complete!

And I am so glad to hear that you have (potential) May/June and December trips to look forward to. By that time, I'm sure there will be many more fun things to see/do and you will be glad you postponed! I'm a little sad that we're just missing the mine train in New Fantasyland, but guess it just gives us another reason to go back!
YC GV- January 2015, GF GV- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF LV- December 2011, AKL PV & GF GV- February 2007, BWI WV CL- February 2006, AKL SV- February 2005, Polynesian GV- February 2004, WL WV & Polynesian GV- November 2002, BC GV- February 2002, CR GV- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
Old 12-06-2013, 07:09 AM   #1829
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Good morning, GF buddies.. We all must be very busy, this thread is moving so slowly..

Our days have been so warm, it seems like a Florida Christmas season here! I did go out yesterday for a little Christmas shopping, but certainly did not need a coat. Near 70 here!!

Mariamouse, I did not purchase a GF visit for my stocking, but that early winter special offer is calling my name...

Trishadono, I notice you are wanting to see more pics of the 2 BR villa at the VGF. Does this mean you and your family are definitely staying in one? We toured that last month and all of those rooms are just so beautiful and relaxing!!
Old 12-06-2013, 07:51 AM   #1830
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good morning, GF buddies.. We all must be very busy, this thread is moving so slowly.

Trishadono, I notice you are wanting to see more pics of the 2 BR villa at the VGF. Does this mean you and your family are definitely staying in one? We toured that last month and all of those rooms are just so beautiful and relaxing!!
Yeppers!!! We love BLT for our family and when they announced VGF we knew we needed to try it

I literally called and looked online many times they day the bookings were to be released. They kept saying at CRO that not available but I kept checking. Finally at 6 or 7 pm they showed up online

It is pricey but for teen boy and girl we would really need 2 rooms. The 2br villas are comparable to the price of two rooms. BUT you get the added space of the living room and kitchen plus laundry! Also we upgraded from 1br to 2 last year(could never get one but I checked daily until I found a Cxl). I like the 2 br because dd and I often stay out late and come back to room with ds in MY spot in king bed, I then get stuck in sleeper sofa. If on vacation, I want a REAL bed

This looks like the last family trip at Disney for a while. Dd and I will go late spring /early summer but the guys have had enough

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: