Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 02:24 PM   #1786
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Good Afternoon fellow GF fans!

As usual when I am behind..I skimmed...

Hope that everyone had a great Thanksgiving..

Beth thanks for sharing that family memory... It cracked me up too! PS Its always about the food!

Hi grannyminnie!! Glad that your had a nice visit with your DD and family! Nothing nicer than a holiday surrounded by family..usually..LOL..

MickeyNut I know if those temps inch up anywhere close to 50 degress that you have put your flip flops back on .. WTG on all of the shopping!

DisneyDmbNut Yay for a quick GF visit! It is spectacular in all of its holiday finery!!

Hi CandyOrlando & MommyGina too...

k&a&c'smom Another early shopper! I have begun...maybe have half done...???

Safe travels next week...

We have much the same decorating schedule as your mom did..Tree up early..and down in January...I think I could look at that all lit up( and filled with Disney ornaments..theres a surprise right?? ) all year...LOL...

MouseMommy Another super shopper! You girls..being almost all finished with your Christmas shopping...

PrincessMochaAnd yet another super shopper!! and I was feeling good about being half done...

Trisha Your trip will be here before you know it! sounds like you will be putting those FP+ to good use...

We are almost at our 60 day mark ...and ready to order our MBs..do FP+'s..dining is done... Nothing like having a Disney trip to look forward to....

Hope that everyone is having a magical Monday!

Old 12-02-2013, 03:01 PM   #1787
princessmocha
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethclayton View Post
Some of you will remember this story so I thought you'd get a laugh today. This weekend we were decorating the tree. There was an ornament with a rolled up piece of paper in it that my son had made in fourth grade. We couldn't remember what the paper was about so he took it out and unrolled it- and here it was! We were cracking up! I told you that grand one pizza was memorable!! Have a great day everyone!
That is hilarious!!!! Gotta love those memories!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2013, 06:45 PM   #1788
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Blue, I had to laugh at your use of the word "usually" regarding enjoying being surrounded by family! There are those members whose presence might NOT be missed every now and then..

I have NO shopping done! None... Should I be getting ?
Old 12-02-2013, 07:14 PM   #1789
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

Quote:
Some of you will remember this story so I thought you'd get a laugh today. This weekend we were decorating the tree. There was an ornament with a rolled up piece of paper in it that my son had made in fourth grade. We couldn't remember what the paper was about so he took it out and unrolled it- and here it was! We were cracking up! I told you that grand one pizza was memorable!! Have a great day everyone!
I love this! So cute. Last year, my mom came across a long forgotten letter that I had written to Santa at age six (dated October 32nd, naturally) requesting "money and anything else." Couldn't stop cracking up when we found that gem!

On a separate topic, I am happy to report that we have canceled our extra back-up Poly reservation as of last night and are now fully committed to the GF for our stay in 1.5 months! We are so excited and just couldn't help feeling that the combination of the Grand being a better cold weather resort and the Poly construction potentially being a burden made the Grand the better choice this time around. Can't believe our trip is so soon!! I'm sure it will be here before we know it with all of the impending holiday craziness!

Hope k&a&c'smom and the rest of the GF FAQ gang are doing great and had a lovely Thanksgiving! You can expect to see quite a bit more of me on here in the coming couple months.
YC GV- January 2015, GF GV- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF LV- December 2011, AKL PV & GF GV- February 2007, BWI WV CL- February 2006, AKL SV- February 2005, Polynesian GV- February 2004, WL WV & Polynesian GV- November 2002, BC GV- February 2002, CR GV- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
Old 12-03-2013, 07:21 AM   #1790
MommyGina
DIS Veteran

Hi Friends! Haven't posted but have been reading along. I have looked everyday to see if I can get my air booked, but no luck. Southwest only has reservations until June 6 and we are going to the GF on July 15. Maybe this week something will come out. Still have not finished my dining plans either. DS is still waiting for his first choice for college. Got into his second choice. I'm getting ready for Christmas. Just finished putting away Thanksgiving stuff!

Any news on how the new mug system is working at Gasparilla's?
Old 12-03-2013, 07:51 AM   #1791
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyGina View Post
Hi Friends! Haven't posted but have been reading along. I have looked everyday to see if I can get my air booked, but no luck. Southwest only has reservations until June 6 and we are going to the GF on July 15. Maybe this week something will come out. Still have not finished my dining plans either. DS is still waiting for his first choice for college. Got into his second choice. I'm getting ready for Christmas. Just finished putting away Thanksgiving stuff!

Fingers crossed for your son's 1st choice to come through, but at least he has a back up all set!

For airfare, Southwest will release dates through 6/30/14 on 12/16/13, so it will probably be sometime in January that you get your dates released. I am still waiting for August dates -- I have $1110 in credits to use!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 12-03-2013, 12:13 PM   #1792
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyminnie View Post
Good morning all. Hope everyone had a lovely holiday! We went to visit our daughter in Va. and got home dinner time yesterday. I'm so tired..
Hi grannyminnie .....hope you had a wonderful time visiting your DD . We don't travel during the holidays as the majority of our family is local, but I can imagine what it's like driving during those busy times. I'm sure it's always nice to go away and visit, but it's probably also nice to be back home .

Quote:
we did have a great visit with our daughter and her family. And were thankful to have a safe trip as well, what with all the weather we encountered driving up! Not to mention bumper-to-bumper traffic at times!
Glad you had a safe trip and had a great time visiting with your DD .

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
We've had great weather this week, too - some days near 60! We get a few more, then a dip into the 20s and possible snow.
We are back on a roller coaster ride of weather . Yesterday was kind of mild with temps in the mid 30s, with today and tomorrow hitting mid 50s.....with the end of the week being a high of mid 20s .

Quote:
no rest for the weary today~ laundry, and grocery shopping are on the schedule. Also more decorating, but that can wait.
Hope you were able to get your laundry and grocery shopping done, along with having some down time to relax after the busy holiday weekend and being away .

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmocha View Post
They did a cost comparison thing on our news after black Friday and there were the same items that were cheaper during the Veteran's Day sale and they were saying that things generally will get cheaper too.
I have found this to be true the last couple of years. Years ago the black Friday deals were pretty much the best deals, but it seems now a days things are even cheaper the closer it gets to Christmas.

Quote:
That is too funny.....but is a great family memory .

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
MickeyNut I know if those temps inch up anywhere close to 50 degress that you have put your flip flops back on ..

We are almost at our 60 day mark ...and ready to order our MBs..do FP+'s..dining is done... Nothing like having a Disney trip to look forward to....
You know me too well....LOL.....but you are right.....those flip flops are ready and waiting for me to wear .

Your trip is getting close .

Quote:
I had to laugh at your use of the word "usually" regarding enjoying being surrounded by family! There are those members whose presence might NOT be missed every now and then..

I have NO shopping done! None... Should I be getting
LOL on the family and those members whose presence would NOT be missed......I totally agree .

I wouldn't worry too much about not having any shopping done....you still have plenty of time .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamouse View Post
Last year, my mom came across a long forgotten letter that I had written to Santa at age six (dated October 32nd, naturally) requesting "money and anything else." Couldn't stop cracking up when we found that gem!

On a separate topic, I am happy to report that we have canceled our extra back-up Poly reservation as of last night and are now fully committed to the GF for our stay in 1.5 months! We are so excited and just couldn't help feeling that the combination of the Grand being a better cold weather resort and the Poly construction potentially being a burden made the Grand the better choice this time around. Can't believe our trip is so soon!! I'm sure it will be here before we know it with all of the impending holiday craziness!

Hope k&a&c'smom and the rest of the GF FAQ gang are doing great and had a lovely Thanksgiving! You can expect to see quite a bit more of me on here in the coming couple months.
What a cute memory for you about the letter to Santa (and that it was dated 10/32 ).

Congrats on returning the GF soon.....you will be checking in before you know it .

Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving as well . Looking forward to "seeing" you here on the thread in the coming weeks before your trip .

Quote:
Hi MommyGina...hope things are going well with you .

Good luck on getting your air for July.....I hope SWA has a good fares for your dates .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011

Last edited by mickeynut1; 12-04-2013 at 10:23 AM.
Old 12-03-2013, 02:27 PM   #1793
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Hi Mickeynut, Still dragging here (didn't help that I woke up BEFORE 5 this morning! ), and still doing laundry...

It's a gloomy day here, but I have the Christmas tree lights on and the music playing, (is there a Christmas tree icon? I'm too lazy to look! ) so that makes things seem brighter right away!

Hope everyone else is having a good day!
Old 12-03-2013, 04:55 PM   #1794
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Mickeynut, Still dragging here (didn't help that I woke up BEFORE 5 this morning! ), and still doing laundry...

It's a gloomy day here, but I have the Christmas tree lights on and the music playing, (is there a Christmas tree icon? I'm too lazy to look! ) so that makes things seem brighter right away!

Hope everyone else is having a good day!
Those very early morning wake ups, along with the never ending laundry, can get you . It's gloomy here too with a light rain .....but I agree things are brighter with the tree lights on .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 12-03-2013, 06:05 PM   #1795
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

beth, that is adorable and hilarious!! Read it to my DD, we both got a good laugh and an, "awww!"

Quote:
Thanks, k&a&c'smom, but no rest for the weary today~ laundry, and grocery shopping are on the schedule. Also more decorating, but that can wait.
Hope you've gotten a little rest, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmocha View Post

They did a cost comparison thing on our news after black Friday and there were the same items that were cheaper during the Veteran's Day sale and they were saying that things generally will get cheaper too. But then, I like to do a lot on-line shopping (while I am supposed to be working, like right now . . .)
Me, too! I've done all mine so far online, much easier as I live in a rural area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
Good Afternoon fellow GF fans!

As usual when I am behind..I skimmed...

Hope that everyone had a great Thanksgiving..

k&a&c'smom Another early shopper! I have begun...maybe have half done...???

Safe travels next week...

We have much the same decorating schedule as your mom did..Tree up early..and down in January...I think I could look at that all lit up( and filled with Disney ornaments..theres a surprise right?? ) all year...LOL...

We are almost at our 60 day mark ...and ready to order our MBs..do FP+'s..dining is done...: Nothing like having a Disney trip to look forward to....

Hope that everyone is having a magical Monday!
LOL about the Disney ornaments. I don't have as many as people would think, I need to rectify that.

If you have your shopping half done at December 2, I think you are doing great! I'm only motivated because I have to be, lol.

Thanks about the travel.

Woohoo for the 60 day mark, sounds like you are nearly all set.

Quote:

Good question. I haven't read anything, but then, I haven't been looking! I'd love to know, too, even though we don't use the mugs much at all. I do like to buy them for souvenirs when they have pretty designs.

Way to go on the second choice, I'll keep my fingers crossed the first choice works out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Fingers crossed for your son's 1st choice to come through, but at least he has a back up all set!

For airfare, Southwest will release dates through 6/30/14 on 12/16/13, so it will probably be sometime in January that you get your dates released. I am still waiting for August dates -- I have $1110 in credits to use!
Good to know, I don't pay much attention to when SWA opens up the schedule. Wow, way to go on your credits!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post

We are back on a roller coaster ride of weather . Yesterday was kind of mild with temps in the mid 30s, with today and tomorrow hitting mid 50s.....with the end of the week being a high of mid 20s.

I have found this to be true the last couple of years. Years ago the black Friday deals were pretty much the best deals, but it seems now a days things are even cheaper the closer it gets to Christmas.

You know me too well....LOL.....but you are right.....those flip flops are ready and waiting for me to wear .

I wouldn't worry too much about not having any shopping done....you still have plenty of time .
Our weather has been up and down, too. Today was gorgeous! High of 64 degrees and low humidity. Can't ask for more in the first week of December.

DD went out on Black Friday (I did not!) and she said much the same, the deals weren't all that great.

A girl after my own heart, I have several pairs of flops by both front and back doors.

Agreed on those who have not done much shopping yet - plenty of time.

Quote:

I have NO shopping done! None... Should I be getting ?
Nope! Plenty o' time, as mickeynut said.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 12-03-2013, 08:15 PM   #1796
followthatmouse
Mouseketeer

This is an extremely belated Thanksgiving wave to all my dear American GFers. I have been interstate and away from my computer for a week. So, this is my first opportunity to wish you all well for the Holiday Season. I do hope 'leftovers' is not a dirty word.

Congrats to all who have recently booked stays at the GF. I'm sure you will have a wonderful time.

Old 12-03-2013, 08:19 PM   #1797
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamouse View Post
I love this! So cute. Last year, my mom came across a long forgotten letter that I had written to Santa at age six (dated October 32nd, naturally) requesting "money and anything else." Couldn't stop cracking up when we found that gem!

Another adorable story. You were obviously a very easy child..."money and anything else"! Gave your parents a wide margin, lol. The kicker is the date.

Yay for your upcoming Grand stay, it will be here before you know it! Love to see more of you - bonus!

We had a good Thanksgiving, thank you, I hope you did as well. It was quiet, none of my kids were able to come home, but my DH and MIL enjoyed the dinner.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Old 12-03-2013, 08:22 PM   #1798
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by followthatmouse View Post
This is an extremely belated Thanksgiving wave to all my dear American GFers. I have been interstate and away from my computer for a week. So, this is my first opportunity to wish you all well for the Holiday Season. I do hope 'leftovers' is not a dirty word.

Congrats to all who have recently booked stays at the GF. I'm sure you will have a wonderful time.
LOL - leftovers is a wonderful, much anticipated word in my house.

Thanks for the well wishes. Do you have a similar holiday in Australia? I know they have a Canadian Thanksgiving.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:28 AM   #1799
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Those very early morning wake ups, along with the never ending laundry, can get you . It's gloomy here too with a light rain .....but I agree things are brighter with the tree lights on .
Good morning, GF pals.. I was watching a Hallmark movie this morning at 6:30 (with tree lights on )! Three weeks until Christmas! Maybe I'll start my shopping today... (wish I could put an early winter GF stay in my own stocking! )

Love that letter to Santa, mariamouse! Alot of us probably sent some good ones Santa's way!
Old 12-04-2013, 10:12 AM   #1800
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

I just saw that the Value resorts went with completely KTTW-less yesterday...I hope GF still has them in February..I really want my gold card!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: