Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 08:27 PM   #1771
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Wow we must be busy, almost no posts today.

I put up 2 trees, babysat my nieces overnight, shopped, cleaned, etc.

Time for HP7!!!

AND TO DREAM OF UPCOMING TRIP THIS NEW YEARS DAY

We should arrive at GF around 9pm but not to fear, I have FP+ for splash and space mtns (splash closing for refurb in Jan) and park open to 11pm. The kids can ride and dh and I can get the desserts ready for their return

Enjoy your family time and see you in my GF dreams!

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL , WLcl 19 17
Old 11-30-2013, 09:58 PM   #1772
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

mickeynut -

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmocha View Post
Happy Belated Thanksgiving to my GF friends! Wednesday at 3pm when I could close down my computer, I did and didn't look at it until this evening! I may have stayed off it today too, except I had to come in my office to get my wheat thins! I hope you all had a wonderful and beautiful day and that you are resting comfortably if you went black Friday shopping.
I don't know why the bolded part made me laugh so hard!

Glad you were able to get away from technology for a while, I do that sometimes, too.

Just over 3 weeks, it'll be here before you know it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
Wow we must be busy, almost no posts today.

I put up 2 trees, babysat my nieces overnight, shopped, cleaned, etc.

Time for HP7!!!

AND TO DREAM OF UPCOMING TRIP THIS NEW YEARS DAY

We should arrive at GF around 9pm but not to fear, I have FP+ for splash and space mtns (splash closing for refurb in Jan) and park open to 11pm. The kids can ride and dh and I can get the desserts ready for their return

Enjoy your family time and see you in my GF dreams!
My goodness, you were busy! I have my tree out of the box, does that count?!

Your trip is getting sooo close! I'll bet you are very excited.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2013, 11:10 AM   #1773
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
mickeynut -

I have my tree out of the box, does that count?!
Hi k&a&c'smom

Have fun putting your tree up and decorating . I put mine up last weekend. I like to enjoy it more before Christmas than after as I'm one of those who take it down 12/26 . I used to keep it up until New Years Day, but the last 5 or 6 years I've put it up earlier and have taken it down the day after Christmas. By the time Christmas Day comes and goes, I'm ready for spring .

Hi to everyone else.....hope everyone is having a nice holiday weekend .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 12-01-2013, 11:45 AM   #1774
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Hi k&a&c'smom

Have fun putting your tree up and decorating . I put mine up last weekend. I like to enjoy it more before Christmas than after as I'm one of those who take it down 12/26 . I used to keep it up until New Years Day, but the last 5 or 6 years I've put it up earlier and have taken it down the day after Christmas. By the time Christmas Day comes and goes, I'm ready for spring .

LOL about being ready for spring! I'm ready the first dip below 50 degrees.

My mom always put hers up early and took it down late - usually Jan. 2. I tend to put it up a week or so into December, then take it down sometime in the week after Christmas, whenever the spirit moves. I need to get it up soon, as I have to go back to Chicago next weekend for a couple weeks.

I've ordered most of my Christmas presents, so I'm ahead there at least!
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Old 12-01-2013, 12:02 PM   #1775
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Hi Everybody!

I hope you all had fun on Thanksgiving Day!!! We had a day of fun, family and friends which is always welcome!!

We put up our tree on Friday. It is our tradition to put them up the day after Thanksgiving, but Christmas is my absolute favorite holiday and it was so hard to wait to put up the decorations since Thanksgiving was so late!

DH still has to do the outdoor lights, but we woke up to snow this morning and now just some form of precipitation is falling. Next week he has drill weekend (Air National Guard) so, it will likely be another two weeks before our outdoor lights go up.

I started Christmas shopping in October and I am almost done with the girls stuff.

I just need to get through the next 3 weeks and then I have two weeks off from work for Christmas break!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 12-01-2013, 12:11 PM   #1776
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

My mom always put hers up early and took it down late - usually Jan. 2. I tend to put it up a week or so into December, then take it down sometime in the week after Christmas, whenever the spirit moves. I need to get it up soon, as I have to go back to Chicago next weekend for a couple weeks.

It's been decent here the last few days with temps in the mid 40s and sunny ....although later in the week the temps are supposed to drop with the end of the week only being a high of 29 .

WTG on the online ordering . My shopping is almost done.....just a few more things to buy .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 12-01-2013, 04:35 PM   #1777
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Well.. I couldn't wait for 68 days.. So I am going for one night this weekend. I plan to run over to the grand and soak in the holiday lobby!!
Old 12-01-2013, 07:40 PM   #1778
princessmocha
Mouseketeer

Quote:

That is awesome you've ordered most stuff. I am almost completely done too. Just a few more things. I'm not usually done this early, but we have this tripped planned for Christmas, so . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post
Well.. I couldn't wait for 68 days.. So I am going for one night this weekend. I plan to run over to the grand and soak in the holiday lobby!!
LOL I wish I could just pop down for a night!

Quote:
Hi k&a&c'smom

I am ready for Spring as soon as Christmas is done too! Bye then the snow has served it's purpose and I am ready for warmth!!!! LOL

Old 12-01-2013, 08:12 PM   #1779
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am almost completely done too. Just a few more things. I'm not usually done this early, but we have this tripped planned for Christmas, so . . . .

I am ready for Spring as soon as Christmas is done too! Bye then the snow has served it's purpose and I am ready for warmth!!!! LOL
I'm not usually done this early either, so it feels good to only have a couple more things to get and December just started . I hear you on the snow......I can take a few snowfalls right around Christmas and then I'm ready for it to be over .

Your trip will be here before you know it . Disney at Christmas is amazing!!!

Old 12-02-2013, 07:42 AM   #1780
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Good morning all. Hope everyone had a lovely holiday! We went to visit our daughter in Va. and got home dinner time yesterday. I'm so tired..

My tree always goes up early (I like to enjoy it a few weeks before Christmas). And I leave it up later too. I just love Christmas! However, I have done NO shopping yet!
Old 12-02-2013, 07:53 AM   #1781
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
Just wanted to pop in and wish all of my fellow GF fans a

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Safe travels to those who are traveling..and hoping that you all enjoy the time with family and friends...that in itself is something to be so thankful for...
Hi, Blue...we did have a great visit with our daughter and her family. And were thankful to have a safe trip as well, what with all the weather we encountered driving up! Not to mention bumper-to-bumper traffic at times!

Hope your holiday was all you wanted as well.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:37 AM   #1782
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Hi Everybody!

I hope you all had fun on Thanksgiving Day!!! We had a day of fun, family and friends which is always welcome!!

We put up our tree on Friday. It is our tradition to put them up the day after Thanksgiving, but Christmas is my absolute favorite holiday and it was so hard to wait to put up the decorations since Thanksgiving was so late!

DH still has to do the outdoor lights, but we woke up to snow this morning and now just some form of precipitation is falling. Next week he has drill weekend (Air National Guard) so, it will likely be another two weeks before our outdoor lights go up.

I started Christmas shopping in October and I am almost done with the girls stuff.

I just need to get through the next 3 weeks and then I have two weeks off from work for Christmas break!
Glad you had a good T'giving! Way to go on the shopping, I can't think about Christmas before late November.

Good luck with your outdoor lights, hard to do once the bad weather starts.

Quote:
It's been decent here the last few days with temps in the mid 40s and sunny ....although later in the week the temps are supposed to drop with the end of the week only being a high of 29 .

WTG on the online ordering . My shopping is almost done.....just a few more things to buy.
We've had great weather this week, too - some days near 60! We get a few more, then a dip into the 20s and possible snow.

High five on being nearly finished with your shopping!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post
Awesome!! Enjoy your Grand weekend.

Quote:
That is awesome you've ordered most stuff. I am almost completely done too. Just a few more things. I'm not usually done this early, but we have this tripped planned for Christmas, so . . . .

LOL I wish I could just pop down for a night!

Good for you, it's nice to be so nearly finished before December gets going, right?! For me, it was a necessity as I'll be out of town for a couple weeks. Wish I was popping down to the Grand for a day, too.

I'm right there with you - I always think winter should be over once we are past Christmas, but we have months to go!

Quote:
I'm not usually done this early either, so it feels good to only have a couple more things to get and December just started . I hear you on the snow......I can take a few snowfalls right around Christmas and then I'm ready for it to be over .

Your trip will be here before you know it . Disney at Christmas is amazing!!!
We have had a couple winters lately with very little snow. DH and I agree, we could go the rest of our lives without ANY snow!

Two thumbs up on the Disney at Christmas - it is amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyminnie View Post
Good morning all. Hope everyone had a lovely holiday! We went to visit our daughter in Va. and got home dinner time yesterday. I'm so tired..

My tree always goes up early (I like to enjoy it a few weeks before Christmas). And I leave it up later too. I just love Christmas! However, I have done NO shopping yet!
Well, you may end up with the best deals, I just heard yesterday Black Friday is not always the best time to purchase. Lots of items get cheaper as the holiday approaches.

Glad you had a wonderful holiday with your DD. Get plenty of rest.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:59 AM   #1783
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Thanks, k&a&c'smom, but no rest for the weary today~ laundry, and grocery shopping are on the schedule. Also more decorating, but that can wait.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:43 AM   #1784
princessmocha
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyminnie View Post

Traveling always makes me exhausted . . . Now it's time to shop!

Quote:
Well, you may end up with the best deals, I just heard yesterday Black Friday is not always the best time to purchase. Lots of items get cheaper as the holiday approaches.

Glad you had a wonderful holiday with your DD. Get plenty of rest.
They did a cost comparison thing on our news after black Friday and there were the same items that were cheaper during the Veteran's Day sale and they were saying that things generally will get cheaper too. But then, I like to do a lot on-line shopping (while I am supposed to be working, like right now . . .)

Old 12-02-2013, 12:40 PM   #1785
bethclayton
DIS Veteran

Some of you will remember this story so I thought you'd get a laugh today. This weekend we were decorating the tree. There was an ornament with a rolled up piece of paper in it that my son had made in fourth grade. We couldn't remember what the paper was about so he took it out and unrolled it- and here it was! We were cracking up! I told you that grand one pizza was memorable!! Have a great day everyone!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: