Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 10:32 PM   #1711
kittyab
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
No, you can't use any dining credits for the food they provide. Now, you could use your dining credits for a bunch of snacks or some CS meals and bring them onto the cruise.
I thought I read you couldn't bring your own food & drink on the cruise?
Old 11-22-2013, 10:35 PM   #1712
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyab View Post
I thought I read you couldn't bring your own food & drink on the cruise?
Maybe it's changed then. We did one in 2005 and brought some snacks with us.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-22-2013, 11:11 PM   #1713
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
There is also a specialty cruise on the Grand 1...which is a beautiful yacht..and holds up to about 18 people This is a bit more costly...about $550 for an hour.....

MickeyNut Disney in the spring time is so fun and flowery!!!
I think the Grand 1 is a great option and although it is more expensive than the other specialty cruises, it's not only a beautiful yacht, but it's a great way to celebrate a special occasion (IMO) if you want to really splurge .

I agree about spring time.....it's a great time to go .

Quote:
Originally Posted by followthatmouse View Post
Okay, last night I sat there, phone in hand and booked a Christmas visit to the GF! My DM and I had so much fun last time, we couldn't resist! Oh, my, we even squealed like five-year-olds, "We're going to Disney World!" and all that!
Congrats on booking a Christmas visit to the Grand .....you're going to have an amazing trip .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisann View Post
Anyone ever stayed in one of the outer bldg deluxe garden view rooms? The ones with the little sitting room? They used to be called Lodge Tower rooms. My sister and I are debating on whether to change our BC ressie to the GF. We love the Grand. No question about it.
I can't give an opinion on the deluxe room as we've never stayed in one, but if it were me, I'd switch to the GF. We've stayed at the BC and although we had a great stay and loved the resort, the GF would be my choice between the two as I like the atmosphere more and you can't beat being so close to MK (IMO) .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 11-23-2013, 03:12 AM   #1714
Networth
It all started with a mouse...or something like that.

Going down with my GF for a surprise proposal trip and I realllllly want a king bed. One of the few times in my life where I really care about bed type. I had the CM put in a request but said there is no guarantee. I am going to call the restaurant a week before we arrive. Anyone know the proceeding on how they assign rooms or any tips to get bed choice? I even tried to pay extra but the CM said she saw nothing that can 100% guarantee me a king. Thanks!

Next “official" Trip: 12/12/14-12/21/14 Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.
Old 11-23-2013, 06:29 AM   #1715
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Not sure which cruise that you were thinking about..as there are a few nice options...the pontoon boats..there are 2 sizes one can accommodate up to 8 people and one up to 10 people.. provide snacks and beverages..and range from about $300 to $350 dollars...

I think it is a great way to spend and evening and would be a very nice surprise for your DD...

There is also a specialty cruise on the Grand 1...which is a beautiful yacht..and holds up to about 18 people This is a bit more costly...about $550 for an hour.....

I think that any of the cruises are worth it for a celebration...it is wonderful to enjoy the magic in your very own personal way..You can also order form private dining for the cruise...maybe have a birthday cake for your DD duing
the cruise..or desserts....if you contact PD they will email you a menu of what is available...

Happy planning...sounds like your DD is going to have a memorable birthday!
Thank you.... I'm going to call for some information...don't think I want the illuminations cruise but would rather be in the MK area if they have a cruise to see those fireworks. I do like the idea of making it a dessert party too.
1997:Travelodge-DTD| 2005:ASMu| 2007:POP| 2009:CSR| 2010:AKL| 2011:BC CL| 2012:BC CL| 2013:BC CL| Oct. 2013:BC|Aug. 2014:GF| Oct. 2014: CR CL &YC CL| Dec. 2014: CSR| Jan 2015: CSR|Aug 2015: CR CL & Poly CL

Old 11-23-2013, 08:35 AM   #1716
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Hello, GF lovers! I've been busy lately, sorry I haven't had time to check in until today. Drove home from Chicago on Thursday and had much laundry to do yesterday. I'm wiped out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Networth View Post
Going down with my GF for a surprise proposal trip and I realllllly want a king bed. One of the few times in my life where I really care about bed type. I had the CM put in a request but said there is no guarantee. I am going to call the restaurant a week before we arrive. Anyone know the proceeding on how they assign rooms or any tips to get bed choice? I even tried to pay extra but the CM said she saw nothing that can 100% guarantee me a king. Thanks!
There is now a computerized room assignment system, although I think the room assignor can block out your room a few days in advance. The problem is, it won't be "your" room until you check in - that means they can pull it for anyone prior to your arrival and reassign you. Lately, they have been trying to do what they call "ready room assignment", where they assign rooms that have been cleared by mousekeeping as each guest arrives. It puts guests in their rooms almost immediately.

The only way to guarantee a king room is to book a deluxe king - main building, and that is very expensive!

The best advice I can give is to add your proposal to the reservation (they should be able to put it in the notes). Then, at check in, send your DGF away and talk with the CM about it. Hopefully, they'll be able to spread some pixie dust.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 11-23-2013, 09:11 AM   #1717
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
Hello, GF lovers! I've been busy lately, sorry I haven't had time to check in until today. Drove home from Chicago on Thursday and had much laundry to do yesterday. I'm wiped out.
Hi k&a&c'smom ....it's nice to "see" you back. Hope you had a nice time away .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 11-23-2013, 10:56 AM   #1718
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The first thing that I would do is to be sure that this is listed on your reservation as the first request...also did you list the engagement as the celebration on your ressie..if not I would add that too...I don't think that it would do any harm to fax your request about a week before hand either?? As k&a&c'smom has said there is a king room in a bookable category..but it is club level and and a lot more costly...

Congrats again on your upcoming engagement!! I am sure that it will be a magical trip!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post
Thank you.... I'm going to call for some information...don't think I want the illuminations cruise but would rather be in the MK area if they have a cruise to see those fireworks. I do like the idea of making it a dessert party too.
You are very welcome! The cruises really are very nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by followthatmouse View Post
Okay, last night I sat there, phone in hand and booked a Christmas visit to the GF! My DM and I had so much fun last time, we couldn't resist! Oh, my, we even squealed like five-year-olds, "We're going to Disney World!" and all that!

It's the first time we have booked more than one visit in a calendar year. It's fair to say that 2014 will be a year full of Mice and other interesting characters.
Congratulations!!! The only thing better than one trip to Disney is two trip!!!!

Quote:
Anyone ever stayed in one of the outer bldg deluxe garden view rooms? The ones with the little sitting room? They used to be called Lodge Tower rooms. My sister and I are debating on whether to change our BC ressie to the GF. We love the Grand. No question about it.
Have never stayed at the BC...so I cant compare..but the deluxe aka lodge tower rooms at the GF are very nice..that extra sitting area gives you a great bit of extra space..and extra TV...love seat...extra space for sitting and relaxing right in the room.. lots of extras!! lol....

MickeyNut I agree the Grand 1 is especially nice way to view the fireworks... I know that I have some photos of the fun that we had on our cruise . My fave was taken on the bow and if I am not mistaken you are standing right next to me! LOL...

k&a&c'smom Welcome back!!

Hope that all of my fellow GF fans have a super Saturday!

Old 11-23-2013, 12:57 PM   #1719
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
MickeyNut I agree the Grand 1 is especially nice way to view the fireworks... I know that I have some photos of the fun that we had on our cruise . My fave was taken on the bow and if I am not mistaken you are standing right next to me! LOL...
I know just the pic you're referring to as I have the same one and yes....that is one of my favs too . That was an awesome trip with a great group of gals (and the fireworks cruise was loads of fun as we had a fun captain ).

Old 11-23-2013, 02:16 PM   #1720
Grace&Carolinesmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

My one caution would be this: if you are going to add the engagement onto your reservation, make sure you send your GF to the lobby or somewhere BEFORE you step up to the check-in desk. It would be very upsetting for you if the eager, happy CM happens to wish you and your GF a Congrats on the engagement thus spoiling your surprise. KWIM? Have a wonderful trip and don't get too fixated on the bed type. There is always the honeymoon.....

CR--May 2006 Poly--April 2007 Poly--April 2009
YC-- April 2010 CSR--Oct 2011 GF--July 2014
Old 11-23-2013, 04:03 PM   #1721
trishadono
DIS Veteran

In case you didn't see it, the passholder discount is out for 1/4-4/12/13. Spent the morning looking but so far keeping what I have.

Good luck to those trying for a good rate.

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL , WLcl 19 17
Old 11-24-2013, 02:46 PM   #1722
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Hi there Blue . Thanks on the ticker instructions.....I try to help when I can . I would love to add another ticker.....just let me know when .

I can't be of help, but I'm sure someone will be able to answer your question .

Can't wait to hear the details of your next trip . Safe travels as you go out of town again.
Hi, Mickeynut and Blue! Tried working on the new ticker, but haven't got it yet... So techno-challenged on here sometimes...
We going back the first part of May (unless I change that to late April) and also have booked that agency special near Labor Day! Love having two trips planned...
Old 11-24-2013, 03:28 PM   #1723
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyminnie View Post
Hi, Mickeynut and Blue! Tried working on the new ticker, but haven't got it yet... So techno-challenged on here sometimes...
We going back the first part of May (unless I change that to late April) and also have booked that agency special near Labor Day! Love having two trips planned...
Hi there grannyminnie . How exciting to have 2 trips to look forward to next year .....you can never have too many trips planned. Don't hesitate to ask any questions should you have trouble getting your tickers done .

Old 11-24-2013, 05:06 PM   #1724
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
In case you didn't see it, the passholder discount is out for 1/4-4/12/13. Spent the morning looking but so far keeping what I have.

Good luck to those trying for a good rate.
thanks trisha The nice thing about the passholder R/O is that you can add dining to it too...and I think the discount is 37% at the deluxes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyminnie View Post
Yay for two trips grannyminnie Thats great!!!! Sorry about the "ticker troubles" lol..I am no help... challanged here too ..but our good friend MickeyNut is pretty savy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Hi there grannyminnie . How exciting to have 2 trips to look forward to next year .....you can never have too many trips planned. Don't hesitate to ask any questions should you have trouble getting your tickers done .
Hey you! How are you doing with your trip planning??

~Dining Suggestsions...

I am now trying to plan the dining for our spring trip... You know..its always about the food... lol..DD and I have our faves..but I always like to try one new thing..or something that we havent tried in a while just to mix things up a little... So fellow foodies..any suggestions??? At Cinderumbrella's suggestion we tried LTT for lunch last year..and that is now on the must do list..sooo much better than dinner.... Thinking of maybe Tony's...but I have read very mixed reviews on this..?? I am making a list...checking it twice..oh no wait not that list...lol..planning is truly half the fun!

Hope that all of my fellow GF fans had a nice relaxing weekend...

Last edited by BlueSkies; 11-24-2013 at 05:14 PM.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:53 PM   #1725
bama belle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I was just looking into these too...does anyone know how many there are in each building and where they are located? Also, do they all have balconies?

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: