Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2013, 06:21 PM   #1651
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

I forgot to post this before...

It all started with a mouse afterall...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICKEY MOUSE!

KKTom Thanks for posting that menu...

Room Service Suggestion~

Although it is so nice to have room service delivered right to your room...

Meredith after a travel day I am sure that your parents will enjoy that...

You can have room service delivered to a variety of places..We have a breakfast delivered poolside...also had late nite sandwiches delivered to our window side table in the RPC lounge...and nice way to watch the fireworks and enjoy a meal at the same time...

Just a few ideas...

followthatmouse I am thinking of that Mickey waffle too...I'll take mine with blueberries..Yum!

Oh Mousemommy Do I see a new ticker in your siggie..with a different resort than was listed earlier today...??? lol...

BlueSkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 06:23 PM   #1652
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post

Room Service Suggestion~

Although it it so nice to have room service delivered right to your room...

You can have room service delivered to a variety of places..We have a breakfast delivered poolside...also had late nite sandwiches delivered to our window side table in the RPC lounge...and nice way to watch the fireworks and enjoy a meal at the same time...

Just a few ideas...

followthatmouse I am thinking of that Mickey waffle too...I'll take mine with blueberries..Yum!

Oh Mousemommy Do I see a new ticker in your siggie??? lol...

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-18-2013, 06:26 PM   #1653
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Mousemommy

BlueSkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 06:27 PM   #1654
followthatmouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by meredith1 View Post
...my parents haven't been to Disney since 1983! I've tried to make this very memorable for all of us. They are in great health, nearing their 70's so, I will absolutely cherish this time. It'll, most likely, be the trip that I remember for the rest of my life and hopefully, my children, as well. I'm excited for them to share the time with our kids. I didn't have kids until my late 30's so, the parents are in love with their only grandkids.
meredith1, what a wonderful family! I'm just thinking of all the changes since 1983. Your parents are in for some surprises!

followthatmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 06:50 PM   #1655
trishadono
DIS Veteran

The GF had these for sale and they were selling fast. ( the pink and black sold fast and not sure if coming back)

http://www.disneystore.com/vera-brad...omSearch=10002

What's nice about buying at GF is that you can use your passholder discount

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 19 16
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:16 PM   #1656
followthatmouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Just a few ideas...

BlueSkies, a what a mouse it proved to be!

We were just discussing how nice it would be to have lunch delivered to a cabana. Care to join us? As soon as we finish those waffles, that is!

followthatmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:31 PM   #1657
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyab View Post
We are thinking of buying into the Disney Vacation club with GF being our home location.

What is the general thought of this resort? Is it clean, etc?
As k&a&c'smom posted, the VGF are brand new, so they are definitely nice and very clean . I think VGF would be a great "home" location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmel View Post
Hello! I just booked GFV 1 bedroom for 2 nights in June. Then we check into our old standby YC for the rest of the week. Can't wait to get in the gorgeous room! have NEVER stayed on monorail so this is new.

Couple of questions:

1. Anyone know if GFV 1 bedroom have patio rooms? I don't want that at all so will request Upper floors but just wondered if first floor existed for one bedroom on standard side...

2. Pool size...not as big as SAB I know but bigger than Poly?

3. Best counter service among the monorail resorts?

4. Is a dedicated pool day at GF feasible in terms of pool being entertaining enough for teens or should I stick with SAB as my dedicated pool day>

thanks!
1. I don't have an answer for this as I don't know all that much about the villas.

2. I think the GF beach pool and Poly volcano pool are close in size (just my opinion). We thought the GF pool was ok, but the volcano pool at the Poly is our favorite (even over SAB).

3. Our favorite resort CS is Captain Cooks at the Poly. We did find a few things at Gasparillas, but we like Captain Cooks better.

4. I think the GF pool is good for relaxing pool side, but I agree with k&a&c'smom that there's really nothing special to keep teens entertained.

Quote:
MickeyNut Hey there! Looks like we will both be chatting over of the CR thread..
Hey Blue .....you know it about the chatting.....gotta get all the info I can on the CR .

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyab View Post
Anyone?
The DVC threads are the 2nd section after the trip planning forums . Here is a link:

http://disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7
Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 06:40 AM   #1658
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Garden Grocer?

Has anyone ever ordered from them and if so, how was it? I'm thinking since we won't have CL this time, I may want to get a few things, you know the essentials like beer and wine . In all seriousness, I'm thinking it would be nice to order a few things to have in the room, especially water, but don't have any experience doing this. Any advice from folks who have done it? Is it worth it or should we just make a run ourselves upon arrival?

mommyrosa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:05 AM   #1659
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Call me crazy but I prefer the single bath
Nothing beats the Magic of a Disney Resort!
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post
Has anyone ever ordered from them and if so, how was it? I'm thinking since we won't have CL this time, I may want to get a few things, you know the essentials like beer and wine . In all seriousness, I'm thinking it would be nice to order a few things to have in the room, especially water, but don't have any experience doing this. Any advice from folks who have done it? Is it worth it or should we just make a run ourselves upon arrival?
I've done it many times. It's easy. You order online a week before. (Don't wait too long because they only accept a certain number of orders each day and you might miss out during a busy period.) If you can't find something on the list, you write it in under the Comments section, including alcohol.

If you set up the order for a time you're going to be there, they will deliver it right to your room. If you're not there, they'll hold it at Bell Services, and even refrigerate cold items. (Though that involves more expense and I'm not sure how much Bell Services enjoys having a bunch of grocery bags hanging around. Plus it's a little embarrassing when they come walking down the pathway with all your grocery items hanging off the luggage cart. )

They call you on your cell phone when they're on their way, but pay attention to your phone because it's easy to miss the call, which I've done while right at the pool.

You can include the tip when you place your order if you want (which is good if you miss seeing them to give cash) and there is a fee for the order.

We didn't do an order last month because I was planning to upgrade to Concierge, but as I mentioned, the resort was full and it didn't work out this time. But I missed having some of the items I usually get, although we picked up a few things at the Hess station to the left just inside the MK gate.

FYI re: Hess if it's helpful to anyone - they have Nathan's hot dogs 2/$3 and whole pizzas for $6, as well as inexpensive subs, breakfast sandwiches and pastries, etc. (They have items like beer, wine, Mike's, too. ) When we ran in all the local construction workers were getting lunch there. Worth a trip if you have a car. If you don't, there are actually quite a few items at each resort's store. (I think I posted some pics a few pages back.)

Post your best iPhone/smartphone pictures here!

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Pea-n-Me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:16 AM   #1660
Anonomom
DIS Veteran

Hi all,

I'm so excited to join this thread. I've always wanted to stay at the GF and just booked using that awesome travel agent deal! We'll be there August 17-21 next year.
Anonomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:32 AM   #1661
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pea-n-Me View Post
I've done it many times. It's easy. You order online a week before. (Don't wait too long because they only accept a certain number of orders each day and you might miss out during a busy period.) If you can't find something on the list, you write it in under the Comments section, including alcohol.

If you set up the order for a time you're going to be there, they will deliver it right to your room. If you're not there, they'll hold it at Bell Services, and even refrigerate cold items. (Though that involves more expense and I'm not sure how much Bell Services enjoys having a bunch of grocery bags hanging around. Plus it's a little embarrassing when they come walking down the pathway with all your grocery items hanging off the luggage cart. )

They call you on your cell phone when they're on their way, but pay attention to your phone because it's easy to miss the call, which I've done while right at the pool.

You can include the tip when you place your order if you want (which is good if you miss seeing them to give cash) and there is a fee for the order.

We didn't do an order last month because I was planning to upgrade to Concierge, but as I mentioned, the resort was full and it didn't work out this time. But I missed having some of the items I usually get, although we picked up a few things at the Hess station to the left just inside the MK gate.

FYI re: Hess if it's helpful to anyone - they have Nathan's hot dogs 2/$3 and whole pizzas for $6, as well as inexpensive subs, breakfast sandwiches and pastries, etc. (They have items like beer, wine, Mike's, too. ) When we ran in all the local construction workers were getting lunch there. Worth a trip if you have a car. If you don't, there are actually quite a few items at each resort's store. (I think I posted some pics a few pages back.)
Thanks for this... I'd actually prefer to plan delivery once we're there as I don't want to deal with lugging anything nor do I want to inconvenience bell services to have to make the delivery...I'll have to see how that goes. As far as ordering, would you say like a month before is good or is that way too early?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonomom View Post
Hi all,

I'm so excited to join this thread. I've always wanted to stay at the GF and just booked using that awesome travel agent deal! We'll be there August 17-21 next year.
... they do have a great deal... congrats!

Old 11-19-2013, 08:45 AM   #1662
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Call me crazy but I prefer the single bath
Nothing beats the Magic of a Disney Resort!
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonomom View Post
Hi all,

Congratulations! Would you mind sharing how you booked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post
Thanks for this... I'd actually prefer to plan delivery once we're there as I don't want to deal with lugging anything nor do I want to inconvenience bell services to have to make the delivery...I'll have to see how that goes. As far as ordering, would you say like a month before is good or is that way too early?
I don't know if it's possible to order that far in advance. I want to say there's a two week window, but I'm not positive. A week or 10 days out should be fine. You can call them beforehand and they can tell you how busy they are on the day you want your delivery and they'll make recommendations on when you should order by, etc. Very user-friendly company!

Post your best iPhone/smartphone pictures here!

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Pea-n-Me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:01 AM   #1663
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pea-n-Me View Post
Congratulations! Would you mind sharing how you booked?

I don't know if it's possible to order that far in advance. I want to say there's a two week window, but I'm not positive. A week or 10 days out should be fine. You can call them beforehand and they can tell you how busy they are on the day you want your delivery and they'll make recommendations on when you should order by, etc. Very user-friendly company!
Perfect....I'm going to check them out online this weekend.

Old 11-19-2013, 09:14 AM   #1664
AmyKat
Mouseketeer

I ordered from GG about 3 months ahead for our last trip. I had Disney fever bad and needed to do something concrete to feel like I was actively preparing for the trip.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:06 AM   #1665
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Room Service Suggestion~

Although it is so nice to have room service delivered right to your room...

Just a few ideas...

Oh Mousemommy Do I see a new ticker in your siggie..with a different resort than was listed earlier today...??? lol...

Blueskies, thanks for following up on mine, what a wonderful suggestion!!

Tom

KonaKaiTom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: