Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 06:21 PM   #151
autumnpalm
Hates dark rooms, is a big rule follower, & loves repitition
When I was a kid, I wanted to be a host on The Shopping Channel
I have a secret feeling that butterflies are sinister creatures

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post

Oooh, so close! Thanks for the offer, it would be great to get some new photos of the beach pool and beach, if you think of it.

Okay, I'll do my best!
Old 08-25-2013, 09:30 PM   #152
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by red712371 View Post
Is the hotel layout the same in Sugar Loaf as the other buildings? I stayed in Sago before and we were right over the lobby. It wasn't too noisy at all and we were even right next to the elevator, but I wouldn't mind being further down the hall this time. Thanks in advance!
As MommyGina posted, all the outer buildings have the same layout. Keep in mind, Sugar Loaf has the club lounge in their central lobby, so when you look down you see CMs, tables and sometimes other guests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnpalm View Post
Okay, I'll do my best!
Thanks! Safe travels and have a Grand vacation.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2013, 09:31 PM   #153
micklessor
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisgirl View Post
I'm taking Mama & Daddy to the GF on October 20th for 5 nights. They are 83 and 82 yrs old.
We have reserved 2 outer building garden view rooms.

I have never stayed here and want them to have the least amount of trouble getting to the restaurants and monorail in the main building.

Can someone advise me what to request as a building and floor that would give them the best view, and location?

Thank you so much! SO excited! They'll be celebrating their 63rd wedding anniversary!
We took my parents when they were 80, 82 and my MIL, 74. We stayed in Sago Cay and loved it! We had TPV rooms and they enjoyed being on the balcony at night watching the Fireworks.

I will mention that we had ECV's for the ladies so they could get around in the parks better.

It's a perfect resort for parents, and Happy Anniversary to yours!

PS Make sure the restaurants know of their celebration. My parents got a standing O at 'Ohana for being married 63 years.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:46 PM   #154
imobsessedwithdisney
Mouseketeer

I'm thinking on the day we go to mnsshp we will just hang at the resort. Any fun things to do with dd 3 & 5 besides the new Alice water area?
Old 08-26-2013, 12:23 AM   #155
Disneyandphilliesfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
It's not too late people!!!!

Go to cheaptickets.com and code is cheaperific!
An extra 20% off of Disney's sale. So GF was 30 % and CR and Poly only 20% so GF ended up being cheaper than even SS and AKL!

Good for sept - dec 24th

Lots of boardwalk area sold out due to F & W but hey a sale is a sale
Where do I enter the code and also trying to book inner building.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:45 AM   #156
Disneyandphilliesfan
Mouseketeer

Found it great deal at certain resorts.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:36 AM   #157
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Haha I was asleep then! Glad you found it! I had no problem connecting the 6 digit res code from email right to MyExperiences.

Also disneysmagicalexpress.com is an easy way to order your ME yourself (just wait 3days or so for res to populate to system)

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL , WLcl 19 17
Old 08-26-2013, 08:18 AM   #158
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

What is the layout of the common areas inside the outer buildings? I have no visual in my mind at all? Just curious.

Old 08-26-2013, 08:56 AM   #159
trishadono
DIS Veteran

From the ends there are long hallways that lead to a lobby in the center.

Here is a video that shows some of Sago Cay(but all pretty similar).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4Wm49mJpLE

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL , WLcl 19 17
Old 08-26-2013, 09:44 AM   #160
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

Thanks! That looks very pretty, I almost wish I had not seen it, lol will be nice surprise for family if we stay here! Really nice

Old 08-26-2013, 09:53 AM   #161
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Here are some photos of the outer buildings lobbies:

Sago Cay, from entry door - you can see the back door behind flowers

Looking back at entry door (sorry so blurry!)

Seating (you can see hallway with rooms behind sofa, with Exit sign)

Central lobby, from above (this is old, the seating areas are different and hard to see)

I have a better overhead photo, I'll have to look for it - it is not in my Photobucket account!
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Old 08-26-2013, 12:54 PM   #162
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojomickey View Post
JoBird

Glad to hear you are feeling much better today. Even though it will be a not be the same without her, you can't take away the memories in your heart that you will always have! Think of it as a new chapter in your life , When my oldest son got married last year every time I walked by his room I cried thank god my daughter in law tolerates me and He only lives 5 minutes away. He still comes to Disney with us every year and now I just found out I'm gonna be a grandmom OMG already planning our Disney trip with the new baby!!!!!!!!
Seeing Disney through the eyes of a child again I'm so lucky
Congratualtions! What wonderful new Disney trips to look forward too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
YES! OMG--- congratulations!! That is so exciting and wonderful! I know you are thrilled to be able to take that baby to the Grand!! It will be so wonderful to have them so close to you, for you to spoil that little preciousness.

Okay so a question? I have never taken the monorail early to the MK. I'm trying to get there before park opening for an 8 am Breakfast at CRT. Anyone know what time the Resort monorail starts picking up at the GF? Thanks!
I think that the monorail usually starts running 1 hour prior to park opening??

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
It's not too late people!!!!

Go to cheaptickets.com and code is cheaperific!
An extra 20% off of Disney's sale. So GF was 30 % and CR and Poly only 20% so GF ended up being cheaper than even SS and AKL!

Good for sept - dec 24th

Lots of boardwalk area sold out due to F & W but hey a sale is a sale
Thanks Trisha I am going to check that site out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisgirl View Post
And even more....book through ebates and get additional cash! I actually used the cheap tickets rate, but booked through ebates on the travelocity link. travelocity was paying a higher rebates (ebate) AND travelocity will match prices. SO...I screen shot (VERY important!!!) the final rate page on cheap tickets using the cheaperific coupon, then booked travelocity through ebates which when I include the $198 check on the way, my final discount was 49% off the fall rate!!!!
Wow more good discount info...thanks! How nice that you are able to celebrate your parents anniversary at the GF!! As for the best building for your parents location wise.. I agree that Sago is closer to the bus stop..Gasparillas..even the marina area which is nice for fireworks viewing or just relaxing.. I think all most of the outer buildings are equal distance from the main building and monorail... Have a Grand trip!

k&a&c'smom What pretty pics! Love that all of the outer buildings have the original tile floors...So pretty...

Autumnpalm Have a great trip! Love to know if any more of the construction walls have been taken down... and how the beach area looks...

Old 08-26-2013, 01:21 PM   #163
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post

k&a&c'smom What pretty pics! Love that all of the outer buildings have the original tile floors...So pretty...
Thanks! I wish two of them were in better focus, lol. I love the carpet in these photos, I can't remember if they have changed it with the lobby carpet, do you? These colors are more to my liking than the new lobby carpet, too much bright pink for me.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:40 PM   #164
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
Here are some photos of the outer buildings lobbies:

Sago Cay, from entry door - you can see the back door behind flowers

Looking back at entry door (sorry so blurry!)

Seating (you can see hallway with rooms behind sofa, with Exit sign)

Central lobby, from above (this is old, the seating areas are different and hard to see)

I have a better overhead photo, I'll have to look for it - it is not in my Photobucket account!
OOOH thanks! Getting excited now

I plan on requesting Sago. We loved watching monorail from our room and the other side is the marina. Can't go wrong with either.

Old 08-26-2013, 03:24 PM   #165
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

Photos are so nice, that might have just tipped me over from cr, lol. Question, is the elevator located in the center of the building, close by the photos of the entrance that you posted ? Thanks again!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: