Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2014, 08:50 PM   #1
iluvwdw_2002
Smile and ALWAYS have fun!!!

Changing Resort

Hey DISers! I have a question to ask about changing resort ressies. We currently have reservations for POFQ for November. When I booked our trip, it was prior to the park ticket price increase. We are talking about switching to POR Royal rooms instead of POFQ. If we call Disney and switch resorts, will they cancel our FQ reservation and then make a new one for POR? If so, will we then be required to pay for park passes at the new increased park ticket prices? I was just wondering how it worked. Thank you!!! :-)

iluvwdw_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:00 PM   #2
Ceryssa
Mouseketeer

I don't know if they cancel and rebook you or just put the deposit toward the new reservation. I've heard people say either is possible, so I suspect it could depend on the CM you get. I do know that any changes you make after ticket prices go up means your new reservation is subject to the new pricing.
Ceryssa is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2014, 10:06 PM   #3
the pyromaniac
Earning My Ears

My understanding is that only the resort changes, and the park reservation doesn't (usually) increase in price.
the pyromaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:24 PM   #4
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvwdw_2002 View Post
Hey DISers! I have a question to ask about changing resort ressies. We currently have reservations for POFQ for November. When I booked our trip, it was prior to the park ticket price increase. We are talking about switching to POR Royal rooms instead of POFQ. If we call Disney and switch resorts, will they cancel our FQ reservation and then make a new one for POR? If so, will we then be required to pay for park passes at the new increased park ticket prices? I was just wondering how it worked. Thank you!!! :-)
If it's booked as a package, I think you will be charged the new package price. If room only, just the room price would change. Ask before you change it.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:14 PM   #5
Ravenne
A queen is never late. Everyone else is simply early.

If it's part of a package, then no, they will not cancel your reservation to make a new one. It'll simply be a modification and you'll have to pay the difference for the room (if any) by your PIF date. Your ticket prices should remain the same. That was my experience when I made the change from POFQ to POR. I had a package with tickets booked before the price increase. I changed from POFQ to POR after the ticket price increase and they simply changed my resort. Everything else: tickets, ADRs, even my FP+ reservations and resort requests remained untouched. I actually had to call back to modify/remove the requests I had for POFQ. I'd already done online check in for POFQ at the time and even that rolled over to POR. Only the difference in the room cost was reflected on MDE. I had a promo on my reservation at the time, and the promo remained on the reservation during the change.

Do the math yourself beforehand so you have an idea of the cost difference.
Ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 11:14 PM   #6
suffieldhockeymom
DIS Veteran

It will change the price if you booked a package. I added dining after the price increase and it increased the total package.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:17 PM   #7
Ravenne
A queen is never late. Everyone else is simply early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suffieldhockeymom View Post
It will change the price if you booked a package. I added dining after the price increase and it increased the total package.
I think that was the case because you changed the make up of your package. If you add or remove anything from your package after price increases, it changes the package so it'll reflect the new price. If they're just doing a resort change, it's not adding or removing anything from the package and not changing the make up of the package.
Ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: