Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2014, 06:52 PM   #1
silean
Earning My Ears

January Reservations

My husband wants to go WDW and stay at the Polynesian Resort in January which is were we stayed for our honeymoon. When can we make those reservations.
silean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:24 PM   #2
xjay
Earning My Ears

I believe you can start making room reservations for 2015 by late May or in June but don't quote me on it. And FYI, the Polynesian is under DVC construction at the moment and I hear it won't be done until like March 2015 or something like that. If you don't mind the construction, then book for the Poly. I hear it's a great resort.

Disneyland - Too Many Times as a Kid
December 2013 - Off-Site *** December 2014 - Contemporary CL/Yacht Club

Our Little Family :
Me(22) DBF(23) DDog(Kapu) DDog(Keanu)
xjay is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2014, 07:57 PM   #3
Leafsgirl36
Leafs Fan Forever

You can make reservations for room only by phone 499 days out. Disney will charge you the highest rate for one night and will adjust once prices come out in July or August. If you want a package then you will have to wait until the prices are released for next year...either July or August ( I believe the prices were released July 10th last year)
Leafsgirl36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 08:10 PM   #4
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by silean View Post
My husband wants to go WDW and stay at the Polynesian Resort in January which is were we stayed for our honeymoon. When can we make those reservations.
We often book for January/February, and while we can call for reservations as Leaf mentioned, we prefer to wait until rates are out - typically in July of the preceding year, but that could vary. For example, we booked our February 2014 stay in July of 2013, and we'll book our January 2015 stay in July of 2014. We just stayed at Poly earlier this month, and the construction is already underway. For our January 2015 trip, we would typically book a split between Poly and BWI, the Poly pool is scheduled to be out of commission at that time and additional construction is forecasted. As a result, we'll split our stay between GF and BWI instead of Poly and BWI. Just something to consider, since Poly may be in a much different state than usual.
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

August 2014: Last Minute WDW (ASMu)
January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL, GF, BWI!)
August 2015: DL Half Marathon!
pixarmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:08 AM   #5
silean
Earning My Ears

Thanks

Thanks for all the information. We are DVC members and for the last few years have stayed at the Tree Houses, but the January trip is for own anniversary and my husband wants to stay were we stayed for our honeymoon. I'll tell him about the construction and the pool but I expect he will not care. We will wait until the prices are released.
silean is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: