Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2013, 09:13 PM   #31
JennyMP03
DIS Veteran

Does anyone have an opinion on the shark bar (I think that's what it's called) in T-Rex? I am interested in the atmosphere of the restaurant because I love silly themed places, but the food didn't sound stellar, so we thought we'd get a drink at the bar and watch the meteor shower from there instead of reserving for a meal.

Can't wait to check out LaCava in Epcot! So many people recommending it in this thread.

I moved to South Korea in August. Next Disney trip: Tokyo DisneySea, February 2015!
JennyMP03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:21 PM   #32
Odelay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryKatesMom View Post
Mintzer's lounge in the GF is the most elegant IMHO.

Blue Zoo in the Dolphin has a hip, trendy adult bar.

My favorite place with or without kids is to have an adult beverage and walk around WS at my own pace and admire all the theming.
• Sitting at the plaza in Italy with a Prosecco.
• Getting a Boddington’s from Rose and Crown sitting either in the Rose Garden or in the sitting area overlooking the Lagoon. Or sometimes striking up a conversation with someone at the Rose and Crown.
• A beer and a bench in the Germany Plaza
• A Grand Marnier slushy or red wine on the bench by the fountain in France

It is all about enjoying the beautiful scenery and listening to the area music.
I feel like you've been peeking at my wife's WS touring plan!
Odelay is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2013, 01:13 AM   #33
wdw_monster
Mouseketeer

Favorite pace to drink is happy hour at the house of blues at DTD 3-5pm and 10pm till close, 3 bucks for beer and there's usually someone playing some good music

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 08-20-2013, 01:24 AM   #34
hydrotony
DIS Veteran

TouringPlans(dot)com just issued an eBook detailing all the bars at WDW. Costs a few dollars but it is quite extensive.
Animal Kingdom - 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014
Universal Studios Florida - 1997, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014
Islands Of Adventure - 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014
Six Flags Great Adventure - 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999 & 2000
Busch Gardens Tampa - 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014
Busch Gardens Williamsburg - 1984, 1993 & 2013
SeaWorld Orlando - 2012, 2013 & 2014
hydrotony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:36 AM   #35
Neesy228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyaHolic23 View Post
...my husband and I have some experience with this question!

Several posters have given great lists, and I am not sure we have any additions, but I thought I would post our favorites because if you are like me, I always tally results if I have to make choices!

We do a Monorail Drink-a-Thon as often as we can. We like to add the Wilderness Lodge (Territory Lounge) and Fort Wilderness (Crockett's), as suggested by the Monorail Drink-a-Thon passports we now get for every trip, now that we have discovered them. (Pretty inexpensive, and they are personalized for added fun!). Favorite bars on the Monorail:
* Mizner's (Grand Floridian) - when the band is playing;
* California Grill (Contemporary) bar in the evenings (we usually end here, for fireworks);
* Outer Rim (Contemporary) when it is daytime;
* Don't forget pool bars - they can be more relaxing and you are more likely to run into other fun folks.

We also do a Drink Around the World Showcase on every trip (again, with personalized passports). Our favorite stops:
* La Cava (Mexico) for margaritas - the best!!;
* Tutto Gusto Wine Bar (Italy);
* Beer in Morocco;
* Slushie in France;
* Tea drinks in China at the Tea House;
* Saki tasting in Japan (we don't really like saki, but the experience is fun!)

We LOVE Jellyrolls for a fun evening on the Boardwalk, and Belle Vue Lounge in the Boardwalk Inn for a quiet beverage. Captain's Cup in the Yacht Club is a good back-up. We have also enjoyed bluezoo, and karaoke at Kimonos.

In the parks, we ALWAYS visit Tune-In Lounge at 50's Prime Time, and Dawa Bar in AK. This coming trip, we plan to try the bar in Yak & Yeti. I haven't seen that hit this list, so am wondering if we will be disappointed...

While I like Gurgling Suitcase, I wouldn't make a special trip for the bar. Also, don't forget a quiet drink in the evening at your pool bar.

Finally, we usually have groceries delivered, with soda & lime, and bring our own gin and vodka for a balcony drink in the evening...

You are sure to have fun!!!
Well, this is awesome! I'm totally crashing your next vacation and coming along for the ride! LOL! thanks for the excellent ideas and recommendations.

Neesy228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:48 AM   #36
Chaoticsweetness
Mouseketeer

My favorites:
-La Cava del Tequila, Epcot (visit on your birthday & let the bartender know!)
-Raglan Road, Downtown Disney (they give samples before you buy)
- Rose & Crown, Epcot (the hat lady can play anything as long as she has the sheet music)
-Tambu Lounge, Polynesian (do not go during dinner rush)
-High Octane Refreshents, DHS (not really a bar, but the bartender can whip up anything)
-The Sake Bar in the back of the shop in Japan , Epcot (love the sake)
Old 08-20-2013, 12:46 PM   #37
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

High Octane at DHS has some really good drinks...the pina colada is from one of those machines but it's the best machine pina colada anywhere and is great on hot days. Try the frozen Rum Runner too. The bartender will put a floater on that one.

Quote:
Does anyone have an opinion on the shark bar (I think that's what it's called) in T-Rex? I am interested in the atmosphere of the restaurant because I love silly themed places, but the food didn't sound stellar, so we thought we'd get a drink at the bar and watch the meteor shower from there instead of reserving for a meal.
Drinks were okay and large, but seemed kind of gimmicky, well why wouldn't they in a place like that. If you order the special martinis you get to take a plastic shaker home. If you plan to whoop it up, that's a good place to go because it's LOUD in there.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:37 PM   #38
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Lots of great suggestions here! The one place I haven't seen mentioned is the Hole in the Wall, which is at DTD between Raglan Road and Cookes of Dublin. It's a little outdoor bar that has happy hour every day from 3-6 PM (I think that's the time). DH and I have had some really great afternoons and met some great people at that bar!!
jimandami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:58 PM   #39
River Country
DIS Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyaHolic23 View Post
...my husband and I have some experience with this question!

Several posters have given great lists, and I am not sure we have any additions, but I thought I would post our favorites because if you are like me, I always tally results if I have to make choices!

We do a Monorail Drink-a-Thon as often as we can. We like to add the Wilderness Lodge (Territory Lounge) and Fort Wilderness (Crockett's), as suggested by the Monorail Drink-a-Thon passports we now get for every trip, now that we have discovered them. (Pretty inexpensive, and they are personalized for added fun!). Favorite bars on the Monorail:
* Mizner's (Grand Floridian) - when the band is playing;
* California Grill (Contemporary) bar in the evenings (we usually end here, for fireworks);
* Outer Rim (Contemporary) when it is daytime;
* Don't forget pool bars - they can be more relaxing and you are more likely to run into other fun folks.

We also do a Drink Around the World Showcase on every trip (again, with personalized passports). Our favorite stops:
* La Cava (Mexico) for margaritas - the best!!;
* Tutto Gusto Wine Bar (Italy);
* Beer in Morocco;
* Slushie in France;
* Tea drinks in China at the Tea House;
* Saki tasting in Japan (we don't really like saki, but the experience is fun!)

We LOVE Jellyrolls for a fun evening on the Boardwalk, and Belle Vue Lounge in the Boardwalk Inn for a quiet beverage. Captain's Cup in the Yacht Club is a good back-up. We have also enjoyed bluezoo, and karaoke at Kimonos.

In the parks, we ALWAYS visit Tune-In Lounge at 50's Prime Time, and Dawa Bar in AK. This coming trip, we plan to try the bar in Yak & Yeti. I haven't seen that hit this list, so am wondering if we will be disappointed...

While I like Gurgling Suitcase, I wouldn't make a special trip for the bar. Also, don't forget a quiet drink in the evening at your pool bar.

Finally, we usually have groceries delivered, with soda & lime, and bring our own gin and vodka for a balcony drink in the evening...

You are sure to have fun!!!
Hiccup

This is awesome
River Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:06 PM   #40
msp2mco
Mouseketeer

Love these lists.

For a quiet place, we really like the Bellevue Lounge at the Boardwalk.
msp2mco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:10 PM   #41
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

I tend to leave Bellevue Lounge off my lists because it doesn't serve food.

But it's a good quiet bar. Tim the bartender is usually good for a chat if he isn't busy.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:24 PM   #42
Sweet Melissa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
I tend to leave Bellevue Lounge off my lists because it doesn't serve food.

But it's a good quiet bar. Tim the bartender is usually good for a chat if he isn't busy.
I agree. The bar itself is not as well-stocked as some others either, but it's a good place to go for a simple cocktail. It's nice to sit next to the radio and listen to the classic variety shows with a bourbon or something.

♥ Melissa
Last Visit: November 2013 - Wedding/Honeymoon! Old Key West & Kidani
Next Visit: June 2015 - Disneyland
Sweet Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:00 PM   #43
lauradis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyMP03 View Post

Can't wait to check out LaCava in Epcot! So many people recommending it in this thread.
kids screaming, lots people every where , hope you get a double lol
lauradis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:31 AM   #44
Pats Dragon
DIS Veteran

The bar at t rex is worth visiting if you like themed restaurants. Lots of bars like that serve weak drinks though. Depends on the bartender. I hate to pay 10 bucks for soda! Outer rim used to be really nice but it is now smaller and over run with small hungry hyperactive toddlers so you have to guard your drinks! Just not a lot of waiting places for chef Mickeys.

ºOº WDW every year since 1971 ºOº
Pats Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:01 AM   #45
sephorachick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraRora View Post
I love the Tambu Lounge at Poly!
This, T-rex bar in DD, Compass & ale @ Yacht Club

Me: Husband: Pacey Minnie Vicky Ginger

Check out my Disney blog!
www.yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Today's entry is on WDW Trash cans & custodial show at Tokyo DL!

Facebook page for my Disney blog! Please "LIKE"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yohoyo...99050306822131
sephorachick is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: