Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2013, 05:22 PM   #1
rockingrollercoaster
Mouseketeer

Magic band ?

what will prevent family members and friends from using one another's arm bands?? For instance...If grandpa only goes to the park one day out of his 5day ticket, can someone else wear his band for the remaining 4 days to get into the parks?
rockingrollercoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 05:34 PM   #2
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockingrollercoaster
what will prevent family members and friends from using one another's arm bands?? For instance...If grandpa only goes to the park one day out of his 5day ticket, can someone else wear his band for the remaining 4 days to get into the parks?
It is just like the KTTW card; it is associated with the fingerscan. The technology has not changed; sorry. I am surprised anyone would think Disney would let that get that past them.
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2013, 05:40 PM   #3
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

I thought I also read that when the band is scanned, the owner's name shows up somewhere. Someone posted that the CM called them by name when they showed up and scanned for a fp+.
bigbabyblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 05:42 PM   #4
WillAustin
FP+ Complainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbabyblues View Post
I thought I also read that when the band is scanned, the owner's name shows up somewhere. Someone posted that the CM called them by name when they showed up and scanned for a fp+.
The FP+ attraction entry touch points show the first name of the person who was scanned.
WillAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:16 PM   #5
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbabyblues View Post
I noticed when I was out at Disneyland last week, that almost all cm's said my name when I entered a park (I have an AP).

They don't use the finger scan at DL, instead they take pictures for everyone. They previously just did AP's but now they are doing it with regular tickets, a cm has a phone size device, asks for ID and takes a picture of the person if it's not already on file.
Old 08-15-2013, 06:21 PM   #6
kim929
DIS Veteran

Going into Hollywood studios the other day, someone in the party in front of us couldn't get the finger scanner to work, they were pulled off to the side and was being questioned on other parks they went to by the band support people they have stationed all over the entrances.

Many cm's used my first name while going through the fast pass line. An example, Kim, are you having a magical day?
kim929 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: