Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2013, 02:41 AM   #1
Tinks73
Earning My Ears

Fridge update

Found this info on the American section, apparently their ahead if schedule and all resorts should be complete by end of September, for now ....
From It's All About the Mouse Travel (via facebook):

Walt Disney World® Resort refrigerator update!

Refrigerator replacement has concluded at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney's BoardWalk Inn, Disney's Polynesian Resort, Disney's Wilderness Lodge, and Disney's Beach Club Resort. The project is running slightly ahead of schedule
Tinks73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:05 AM   #2
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

Most rooms at pop still don't have though a few do so you might be lucky
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2013, 08:16 AM   #3
bxccah
Ch-Ch-Ch-ChipnDale!

Anyone got an update on all star?

Currently at Disney World! All Star Sports, 9/4 - 9/25
bxccah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:31 AM   #4
zippy99
DIS Veteran

I found if you look at the resort specific threads on here you can normally find the answer there. I think wilderness lodge was completed mid July according to their main thread in the resort section -worth a search. If you need a fridge for medicine etc then they will attempt to supply you one if there is not one there.

It looks like they have done the deluxe first and the values will be last to be completed - which in fairness is understandable due to the cost difference - but fingers crossed it will be done in time for your trip

Disneyworld Orlando - AKL, Disney Dream & Contemporary - October 2014 Disneyworld Orlando - Wilderness Lodge & RPR - August 2013
Disneyworld Orlando - RPR & CBR - August 2012 Florida Emerald Island Resort - October 2011
Disneyworld Orlando - OKW - October 2010 Disneyworld Orlando - POFQ - September 2009
Disneyworld Orlando - Pop Century - January 2008 Disneyland Paris - DisneyLand Hotel - Christmas 2006
Disneyland Paris - Sequioa Lodge - October 2005 Disneyland Paris - Sequioa Lodge - March 2004
zippy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:51 AM   #5
Stitch's Greatest Fa
DIS Veteran

Woohoo Zippy99....you are I are going to be just fine enjoying our cold beverages at the WL! See ya poolside maybe?! X

1995 1st time - Kissimee Villas 1997 Kissimmee Villas 2002 Kissimmee Villas 2004 - 1st time on site Polynesian Honeymoon 2005 Port Orleans Riverside 2006 Pop Century 2007 POFQ 2008 Coronado Springs/Wilderness Lodge 2009 Beach Club 2010 AKL/CR/SSR2011 Hilton Parc Soleil2013 Wilderness Lodge 2014 Hilton Parc Soleil
Stitch's Greatest Fa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:00 PM   #6
zippy99
DIS Veteran

I know Stitch! Wilderness lodge here we come!!

PS - my daughter has said she is Stitch's greatest fan!

A small part of her collection (she now has 48 stitch plush toys in addition to pleakly, angel, jumba, scrump & lilo)

With giant Stitch (she was 11 here - 4 years ago!)

With her Ohana!

Her amazing custom canvas - painted by her godfather:

PS... Sorry to have randomly hijacked the thread - but everytime I tell the family that Stitch's Greatest Fan will be at Wilderness Lodge at the same time as us - my DD says - I AM THE BIGGEST FAN!

Disneyworld Orlando - AKL, Disney Dream & Contemporary - October 2014 Disneyworld Orlando - Wilderness Lodge & RPR - August 2013
Disneyworld Orlando - RPR & CBR - August 2012 Florida Emerald Island Resort - October 2011
Disneyworld Orlando - OKW - October 2010 Disneyworld Orlando - POFQ - September 2009
Disneyworld Orlando - Pop Century - January 2008 Disneyland Paris - DisneyLand Hotel - Christmas 2006
Disneyland Paris - Sequioa Lodge - October 2005 Disneyland Paris - Sequioa Lodge - March 2004
zippy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:03 PM   #7
Stitch's Greatest Fa
DIS Veteran

Gotta say, I can't compete quite that much but he is my very favourite!

1995 1st time - Kissimee Villas 1997 Kissimmee Villas 2002 Kissimmee Villas 2004 - 1st time on site Polynesian Honeymoon 2005 Port Orleans Riverside 2006 Pop Century 2007 POFQ 2008 Coronado Springs/Wilderness Lodge 2009 Beach Club 2010 AKL/CR/SSR2011 Hilton Parc Soleil2013 Wilderness Lodge 2014 Hilton Parc Soleil
Stitch's Greatest Fa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:41 PM   #8
bxccah
Ch-Ch-Ch-ChipnDale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy99 View Post
I found if you look at the resort specific threads on here you can normally find the answer there. I think wilderness lodge was completed mid July according to their main thread in the resort section -worth a search. If you need a fridge for medicine etc then they will attempt to supply you one if there is not one there.

It looks like they have done the deluxe first and the values will be last to be completed - which in fairness is understandable due to the cost difference - but fingers crossed it will be done in time for your trip
Yes, that's completely understandable! I can dream, though. Fridge woulda been nice.

Old 08-15-2013, 12:43 PM   #9
bxccah
Ch-Ch-Ch-ChipnDale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy99 View Post
I know Stitch! Wilderness lodge here we come!!

PS - my daughter has said she is Stitch's greatest fan!

A small part of her collection (she now has 48 stitch plush toys in addition to pleakly, angel, jumba, scrump & lilo)

With giant Stitch (she was 11 here - 4 years ago!)

With her Ohana!

Her amazing custom canvas - painted by her godfather:

PS... Sorry to have randomly hijacked the thread - but everytime I tell the family that Stitch's Greatest Fan will be at Wilderness Lodge at the same time as us - my DD says - I AM THE BIGGEST FAN!
AWWWW. That is the cutest thing. Wow, I love her collection. Stitch rocks! I only have 4 Stitch plushies, but that'll grow a little on the next trip... Chip and Dale are my all time faves though.

Old 08-15-2013, 01:49 PM   #10
minirock
Earning My Ears

Just called Disney, as we are going POFQ next week with a Baby. And need a fridge for milk etc.
Have requested a fridge and they are doing it for us on medical reasons.
minirock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:37 AM   #11
bxccah
Ch-Ch-Ch-ChipnDale!

Hi everyone, I know quite a few of us here have upcoming vacations and are gutted about the fridge issue.

Well, I just called the UK number for WDW and asked about it. She confirmed that at the moment, some of the rooms don't have fridges. I then said how I was deeply unhappy about this, and how I would've stayed offsite if I'd known I could've got a cheaper hotel WITH a fridge. After I mentioned that, she put me on hold for 5 minutes, then came back and said she CAN guarantee that the room on my booking will have a fridge. She's noted it down on my reservation, and I said to her that if it is just a room request, surely everyone will be requesting it too, but she said that unlike my room request to be near the buses, she understands that I (as did everybody, which i stated but she didn't reply) paid for a fridge, and she said that they will deliver.

So I just wanted to let you guys know that they clearly do, or will, have fridges in some of the value resorts from September 1st onwards. However, she did also offer to move me to a preferred room at All Star Music, I declined because as long as I have a fridge then I'm happy at Sports. She also said that, upon check in, if my room doesn't have a fridge, they will move me to a moderate, because as I say, it's guaranteed!

Maybe I was just really lucky to speak to someone super helpful on the phone? I don't know. But it might be worth a quick phone call if you guys have reservations soon and are worried about a fridge.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: