Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2013, 01:40 PM   #1
stevesgirl
Earning My Ears

Dining for kids under 3

I have a question regarding dining for kids under 3. My DD will be 2 on our next trip, just days away from her 3rd birthday so it is the last time she is free. How do meals work for someone this age? Do they still get to order from the menus or do they have to share with mom and dad since they are free? If she has to share, I'm thinking this might be a problem. I will also have my other DD that will have just turned 1 but she will easliy be able to share with either myself or DH.
stevesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:46 PM   #2
cpirnak
Earning My Ears

They have to share with you unless you want to purchase them a meal. Except at buffets where they eat free. We are in the same situation. Our daughter will turn three while we are there.
cpirnak is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2013, 02:47 PM   #3
Anthony1971
DIS Veteran

Kids under 3 can share with Mommy or Daddy.
They are not free as if you order them food you will pay for it.
Most places (all I went to for 5 trips) we would order a side or ask for a side of what He liked and a drink both of which we paid for.
At Buffets they are free (you are not only paying for food at most) but again are suppose to share not have thier own plate of food as they can be charged but would likely be the exception.
Anthony1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:06 PM   #4
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevesgirl View Post
I have a question regarding dining for kids under 3. My DD will be 2 on our next trip, just days away from her 3rd birthday so it is the last time she is free. How do meals work for someone this age? Do they still get to order from the menus or do they have to share with mom and dad since they are free? If she has to share, I'm thinking this might be a problem. I will also have my other DD that will have just turned 1 but she will easliy be able to share with either myself or DH.
As the pp's said, she is free as long as she shares off of your plate. If you choose for her to have her own meal, you would have to pay for it (except at buffets).

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:18 PM   #5
Paigesmom2013
Mouseketeer

We are in a similiar situation with our DD, but we're not on the dining plan. I've been looking at menus for our ADR's to see what would work for sharing. (Pan Asian noodles at Kona, pancakes and sausage at Chef Mickey's, etc.) The QS options should be easier--french fries and fruit.

My child won't even eat chicken fingers or mac and cheese, so kids' meals are a waste of money. I plan on bringing lots of snacks to fill her up in the stroller.
Paigesmom2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:37 PM   #6
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paigesmom2013 View Post
We are in a similiar situation with our DD, but we're not on the dining plan. I've been looking at menus for our ADR's to see what would work for sharing. (Pan Asian noodles at Kona, pancakes and sausage at Chef Mickey's, etc.) The QS options should be easier--french fries and fruit.

My child won't even eat chicken fingers or mac and cheese, so kids' meals are a waste of money. I plan on bringing lots of snacks to fill her up in the stroller.
Just to clarify, it doesn't matter whether you are on the DDP or not. Children under 3 are free when they are sharing with an adult. If you order them their own meal etc. you will have to pay for that. If you order an extra side or an additional drink you will have to pay for that.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:08 PM   #7
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Children under 3 should not be charged at all for meals at:

Buffets
Family-style all you can eat restaurants
Fixed price restaurants (like CRT or Akershus)
Dinner shows

Anywhere else, it's OK to share with them, but if you buy a meal for them it will be billed.

Also true on the dining plan. Children under 3 do not get dining credits assigned.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: