Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2013, 11:02 AM   #1
jenga1030
Mouseketeer

Question Help me Value people!!

We are due to arrive at AS Music in 18 days. This whole AS Sports food court closure has got me freaking out!

We go to ASMu every September for 2 weeks. We spend a pretty good amount of time at the resort, eating at the food court, swimming and playing games at the pool. We never eat breakfast at the resort. We AS Music.

I am thinking this will definitely make our buses more crowded in the mornings and possibly evenings. I can deal with that, I guess we will drive to the parks this year. But what I am afraid of is mass chaos at our resort during our off days. Will people decide to stay and swim at our pool? Will lunches be crazy? I love the quiet feel of September.

So, should we switch to Pop? I have never been, never been interested in going. Sorry, but we love the All Stars. Would Pop be better? There are more rooms at Pop so I am thinking it will be almost the same as Music.

Obviously I need to decide quickly, so I need opinions! People who just got back from Music or Movies, people who have stayed at ASMu and Pop! Help me people!!

jenga1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:21 AM   #2
Disney Spaz
DIS Veteran

I would stick with your plans. I have stayed at Pop and would pick the All Stars over Pop any day. I think Sept is slow enough that you will be able to enjoy the time at the resort without major impact.
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2013, 12:20 PM   #3
jenga1030
Mouseketeer

Thanks for your reply. I feel a little better. I love AS Music so much I hate the thought of switching. And my kids were heartbroken when I even mentioned it.

Old 08-14-2013, 12:23 PM   #4
minnierocks
DIS Veteran

We have stayed at both Pop and ASMu...we didn't like Pop at all and we loved ASMu, so if it were me I would not switch to Pop. Having said that, I do believe that the traffic at ASMU will be increased and that the lines for buses and food courts will be busier. I seriously doubt it will impact the pool.
We had the same concern for our upcoming trip. Because it was our first trip with just the two of us, we decided to upgrade to a mod rather than take a chance of our resort being chaotic. But if we hadn't upgraded, we would not have chosen Pop over staying at ASMu...it is our favorite value and we really love staying there. I hope this helps!
Spring Break Trip 2011
Thanksgiving 2008
Thanksgiving 2007
*October 2006...Keys to the Kingdom
Keys to the Kingdom TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7&page=1&pp=15

*Thanksgiving 2005
*February 2004
minnierocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 12:32 PM   #5
jenga1030
Mouseketeer

Thank you Minnierocks! That helps me a lot.

Old 08-14-2013, 01:15 PM   #6
Daizylover
Earning My Ears

We have stayed at Pop and I have nothing but good things to say about it. The staff is wonderful, housekeeping very good, food is good as well. Many years ago I stayed at All Stars and it was very nice too. I don't think you can go wrong with a Disney Value Resort, they are all nice. Have a wonderful time.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:23 PM   #7
ShayBells
DIS Veteran

I liked pop better than the all stars. I personally think the food court was better. But I haven't been to the sports one since 2004 I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
ShayBells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 02:30 PM   #8
disney minnie
DIS Veteran

Our family is the opposite of yours. We have stayed at all the values and will never stay at Music or Sports again. We love the Pop.

I think stay where you are comfortable because feeling like you are at home is half the battle.
disney minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 06:41 PM   #9
mkarizona
DIS Veteran

My favorite is Pop; I like its energetic, almost electric vibe. In comparison I found Music's relaxed, laid back feel to be kind of boring. Since you really love Music there is a good chance that you wouldn't enjoy Pop.
mkarizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:09 PM   #10
lovedonald
Mouseketeer

Another vote for pop! It is my families favorite value resort. We love walking around the lake. The rooms are always clean and the food court is great!
lovedonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:29 AM   #11
APiratesLifeForMe2
DIS Veteran

While I always prefer Pop over the All Stars, I think should stay at the place you like the most. I think Disney knows the added crowd other All Stars will have and will likely be accommodating the increases in crowds. Plus September is a wonderfully slow time of year to be in Disney so crowds are already low.

1988 Off Site, 1992 Off Site, 1996 ASMusic, 2000 CBR, 2004 POR, 2007 Poly, 2009 POFQ, 2010 POP, 2011 POP, 2013 WL
APiratesLifeForMe2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 01:39 PM   #12
KAYELIZ
Mouseketeer

We have stayed at Pop and all of the All Star Resorts and Pop is definitely our favorite. It seems more open, and there's a nice walkway around the lake. We also like the food court and AOA is just a short walk across the bridge and they have some very interesting choices at their food court. There are 3 big pools at Pop and I've never had a problem with getting a chair. We never had a problem with anything at the All Star resorts, but we feel like Pop has the most "resort" feel of all of the value resorts.
KAYELIZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: