Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2013, 12:25 AM   #1
Spacepest
Mouseketeer

Fitness Centers/Gyms at the resorts

OK, so my husband and I are trying to finalize our plans for which resort to stay at for our next visit. One thing the resort MUST HAVE for him: a decent fitness center or gym. He wants to work out on his vacation (we already have a home gym and he exercises on a regular basis).

I know some of the Disney resorts have fitness centers, so for those of you DIS'ers that have already gone to them:
Which is your favorite or think is the best, and your reasons why?
I want to know--to help me decide on which resort to book our rooms.

Yeah, I think its odd that he wants to work out on his vacation, but hey, after looking over the resort amenities I realized that him requiring an onsite hotel with a gym means we won't be staying at the values.

(And mods: if this thread is in the wrong place, please feel free to move it to someplace more appropriate).
Spacepest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:35 AM   #2
runner_princess
Mouseketeer

All of the deluxes, as well as CSR, have fitness centers. Poly shares the fitness center with the GF; it has been newly redone.

You can also pay to visit a fitness center at one of these resorts even if you aren't staying there.

My favorites: SSR - it's huge and very nice; WL - rustic decor, never seems super crowded; AKL Jambo and Kidani are both nice as well

BC/YC seems small, but you have an amazing amount of running trails in that area, so it doesn't bother me as much. Same as with the Poly/GF one.
2010 Wine and Dine Half: 2:56
2011 Princess Half: 2:40 2012 Princess Half, 2:38
runner_princess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2013, 08:49 AM   #3
jperrot1
DIS Veteran

One thought on the Poly. Poly guests have use of the GF fitness center. I loved staying at the Poly and it is a short walk (5-10 minutes) to get there from any Poly room. It's mostly a walk on a path along the lake and could be a shorter scenic jog if you want. I think WDW uses Cybex in all their centers but I'm not positive.

We're staying at ASsports and I have confirmed that it is no longer allowed to use any fitness center unless you are staying at that resort. At least, not according to the rules. They used to sell daily and length of stay fitness center passes for people that weren't staying at a resort with a fitness center.
jperrot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:28 PM   #4
Ofinn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacepest View Post
OK, so my husband and I are trying to finalize our plans for which resort to stay at for our next visit. One thing the resort MUST HAVE for him: a decent fitness center or gym. He wants to work out on his vacation (we already have a home gym and he exercises on a regular basis).

I know some of the Disney resorts have fitness centers, so for those of you DIS'ers that have already gone to them:
Which is your favorite or think is the best, and your reasons why?
I want to know--to help me decide on which resort to book our rooms.

Yeah, I think its odd that he wants to work out on his vacation, but hey, after looking over the resort amenities I realized that him requiring an onsite hotel with a gym means we won't be staying at the values.

(And mods: if this thread is in the wrong place, please feel free to move it to someplace more appropriate).
I totally get it. We work out every day vacations included. I think all the gyms are adequate. I can't really say I prefer one over the other. I think they are all pretty similar in what they offer. The CSR gym was just as nice as the deluxe resorts if you don't want to spend the money on a deluxe.

Ofinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:53 PM   #5
Spacepest
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofinn View Post
I totally get it. We work out every day vacations included. I think all the gyms are adequate. I can't really say I prefer one over the other. I think they are all pretty similar in what they offer. The CSR gym was just as nice as the deluxe resorts if you don't want to spend the money on a deluxe.
Yes, I noticed the CSR had a gym as well. I'm considering booking there as well...the other business amenities at the resort would probably work better for my husband anyways. The rooms look nice, the only thing I don't like is the theme of the resort--I'm from the southwest USA, and to go all the way to Florida to stay in a southwestern themed hotel would be a bit bland.
Spacepest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:34 PM   #6
Ofinn
DIS Veteran

I'm from southern California. The southwest theme is also popular here. I found the resort to be more South American themed and tropical .... example the "Mayan pool". I think the pool area is one of the best on property. Huge pool, huge hot tub, play area and arcade for kids. If you book a preferred room or business class you will be in a great location.

Ofinn is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: