DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2013, 05:19 PM   #16
WilsonFlyer

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by drusba View Post
One of the best promos DVC ever had with many responding favorably and buying the pass. Afterwards DVD surveyed purchasers to see if pass led to members booking more trips and many responded favorably to that. Thus, it is obviously something that will make large numbers of members happy if it happened again and can even be beneficial to Disney .... As a result, we will probably never see it again.
I like the way you think. We must be long-lost brothers.
WilsonFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:25 PM   #17
ktate82
DIS Veteran

We weren't members last year, so I don't know all the dates (just know it was a PAP for $399. We are going Sept 16-23 soooooo if it comes out about the same time as last year, will we be able to get them this year when we go? Or was it something odd such as must be bought between Oct 1-Dec 31?
Sept 2014 AKL, June 2014 SWW at OKW, Feb 2014 Disney Magic, Sept 2013 AKL, May 2013 POP, Dec 2012 AOA, Sept 2012 POP, Sept 2011 Poly, March 2011 Poly, Sept 2010 CBR, July 1995 off site (MK only), Aug 1987 off site (MK only)

ktate82 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-19-2013, 06:08 PM   #18
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktate82 View Post
We weren't members last year, so I don't know all the dates (just know it was a PAP for $399. We are going Sept 16-23 soooooo if it comes out about the same time as last year, will we be able to get them this year when we go? Or was it something odd such as must be bought between Oct 1-Dec 31?
The $399 DVC PAP promo was announced in September 2012, with purchase dates of 10/1 to 12/31/2012.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:49 PM   #19
ktate82
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erionm View Post
The $399 DVC PAP promo was announced in September 2012, with purchase dates of 10/1 to 12/31/2012.
Of course! Thanks!
Sept 2014 AKL, June 2014 SWW at OKW, Feb 2014 Disney Magic, Sept 2013 AKL, May 2013 POP, Dec 2012 AOA, Sept 2012 POP, Sept 2011 Poly, March 2011 Poly, Sept 2010 CBR, July 1995 off site (MK only), Aug 1987 off site (MK only)

ktate82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:56 PM   #20
TwingleMum
DIS Veteran

Jeez!! I totally missed this promo. We were visiting DL last year so I didn't keep up on my Dis DVC boards. Silly me we have a Christmas trip planned this year....the boys can't wait. The PAP discount would be a God send, with 5 of us savings would be huge!!!
TwingleMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:57 PM   #21
TwingleMum
DIS Veteran

Another silly ? Where would we find out about this? Would we get e mail or you just have to be in the loop?
Old 08-19-2013, 10:35 PM   #22
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwingleMum View Post
Another silly ? Where would we find out about this? Would we get e mail or you just have to be in the loop?
There was an email announcing the $399 PAP promo. There also was information on the member website.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:19 PM   #23
Disneylifeforme
Mouseketeer

I love my pass hope they do again
Disneylifeforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:05 AM   #24
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

My discounted AP cost me a fortune. I have done 3 trips in 12 months instead of 1....
Minniesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:21 AM   #25
sgtpet
DIS Veteran

I sincerely doubt it. That was like a once in a lifetime deal and the individual that gave us it left soon after.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:06 PM   #26
TwingleMum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniesgal View Post
My discounted AP cost me a fortune. I have done 3 trips in 12 months instead of 1....
This is why I think its a good idea for Disney. With an AP burning a hole in your pocket you do take more trips, where if you didn't have an AP you would say tixs will cost xxx$$ so I'll hold off on an another trip but with an AP u almost fool yourself ( ok I fool myself that the other trips are almost free after all I don't need tix) and my DVC has been paid off for 10 yrs..
Old 08-20-2013, 11:01 PM   #27
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwingleMum View Post
This is why I think its a good idea for Disney. With an AP burning a hole in your pocket you do take more trips, where if you didn't have an AP you would say tixs will cost xxx$$ so I'll hold off on an another trip but with an AP u almost fool yourself ( ok I fool myself that the other trips are almost free after all I don't need tix) and my DVC has been paid off for 10 yrs..
Problem is, the initial impact of such offers tends to not be sustainable. Look at the current DVC member AP discounts. We save a generous $150 off the price of a WDW Annual Pass. Why isn't THAT enough to prompt spending? (Answer: Because it's readily available at any point in time.)

As a one-off special promo, members rearranged their schedules and took special efforts to maximize the value of those discounted PAPs. But many won't have the resources (points) to repeat the process in consecutive years. There are owners who will exhaust their 2014 and even 2015 points under PAPs purchased last fall. If they have no points available and can't add-on, they won't be buying more PAPs in 2013.

Additionally, if these "special" offers become routine, then most will simply fall back into their normal routine...as is the case with the standard AP and PAP discounts. Instead of structuring a year's worth of trips around discounted passes, they'll just wait for the next special offer to come around.

Offers like this tend to have the greatest positive impact when they are infrequent and unpredictable. Consumers jump at a great deal when they think it may be their only opportunity...not so much when there's reason to believe another offer will eventually materialize.

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:34 AM   #28
EPCOTgrl1
Forest Ranger
Want to sing at the Orange Bowl half-time show
Just call me Caption Obvious

So I was a CM last year and didn't need the discounted ticket but my husband go it. we were walking around the parks in February of last year and ran into on of the DVC reps that we know and he told us that the woman who created the discount was fired. He also said it was their biggest money maker. I would hope that they would do it again because I need a ticket now that I am no longer a CM, but I am guessing they won't.

Pull-Up-Your-Pants-Swim-Fan-Chelsea

It in words of Brian "She doesn't come here for the parks, she comes here for the people."
EPCOTgrl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:06 AM   #29
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPCOTgrl1 View Post
So I was a CM last year and didn't need the discounted ticket but my husband go it. we were walking around the parks in February of last year and ran into on of the DVC reps that we know and he told us that the woman who created the discount was fired. He also said it was their biggest money maker. I would hope that they would do it again because I need a ticket now that I am no longer a CM, but I am guessing they won't.
If it made so much $$ I wonder why she was fired?
Old 08-21-2013, 09:27 AM   #30
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPCOTgrl1 View Post
If you are referring to Clair Bilby, she was not fired. She is now the head of Sales & Marketing at Disneyland Paris. She was doing international sales & marketing prior to being named the SVP of DVC.

Here is her goodbye message to DVC Members:
Quote:
Dear Members,

I want to share an important Disney Vacation Club organizational announcement with you, our Member families.

As Disney continues to identify ways to deliver the best-possible vacation experiences, the company is providing new growth opportunities for members of the leadership team. In this case, Disney is giving me the opportunity to lead the Sales and Marketing organization at Disneyland Paris, leveraging my depth of international sales experience.

I am thrilled about this new opportunity, which begins February 1, and also deeply proud of the great work our team has done over the past couple of years at Disney Vacation Club. The team has accomplished so much and truly elevated the benefits, perks and experiences we provide to our Members.

You will be pleased to learn that longtime Disney leader Ken Potrock is succeeding me at Disney Vacation Club as Senior Vice President and General Manager. I can tell you that you’re in great hands with Ken. He is a wonderful leader, full of creativity and passion for the Disney brand, and extremely talented. Most recently, Ken has served as the Senior Vice President of Disney Sports Enterprises and Downtown Disney in Florida. I have known him for a long time and couldn’t be more delighted with his passion for the Disney brand, for innovation, and for always putting our Guests and Members first. In his new role, Ken will also have responsibility for Adventures by Disney, our family guided-tour business.

As I say “au revoir” for now, please know how much I have enjoyed my time with Disney Vacation Club and the privilege of getting to know so many of our Members. I look forward to Ken and the rest of the organization continuing to enhance the Member experience in creative and magical ways!

At Disney Vacation Club, it’s all about you – the Member – and that commitment will never change. Thank you for vacationing with Disney year in and year out. We look forward to delighting and surprising you each time we welcome you home.

Sincerely,

Claire Bilby

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: