Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2013, 11:49 PM   #76
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot

Woo! and wow that was a fast change.
I did do that fast didn't I? It is because I want to plan the perfect trip.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:00 AM   #77
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I understand about missing a stress free holiday. You need the stress free holiday. The stress might be worse on you than the travel. I am sure that your hubby will make sure to keep the wolves at bay. Jeremy sounds like a fire cracker! I am with him on Oogy Boogy. I think the NBC layover makes it much more light hearted and fun. I will pray that you are able to get the November trip, I think you need one stress free holiday!
Yes no stress is a nice thing!! But I've had people tell me oh I'd never go to DL pregnant it's too stressful!! I just laugh and go only you make it stressful. Go with the flow and enjoy yourself and your family and there is no stress even when the lines are over 2 hours long!!! I think I deserve one stress free holiday too!! Now to get the Dr. and DH to agree!!

James is something else! He came up to Jeremy and I today and whispered to us "Shhh! Your being too noisy. Lightening McQueen is trying to sleep!!!" We couldn't help but laugh!! I love Haunted Mansion but the NBC is really fun and neat to see.

What do you mean we're driving to WDW from CA? PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3179094
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2013, 05:23 PM   #78
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
Yes no stress is a nice thing!! But I've had people tell me oh I'd never go to DL pregnant it's too stressful!! I just laugh and go only you make it stressful. Go with the flow and enjoy yourself and your family and there is no stress even when the lines are over 2 hours long!!! I think I deserve one stress free holiday too!! Now to get the Dr. and DH to agree!!

James is something else! He came up to Jeremy and I today and whispered to us "Shhh! Your being too noisy. Lightening McQueen is trying to sleep!!!" We couldn't help but laugh!! I love Haunted Mansion but the NBC is really fun and neat to see.

Disneyland is never stressful for me so I know what you mean. I am a go with the flow person. If the lines are too long they will slow down. Hopefully the Dr and DH agree.

James sounds like a fire cracker! I hope Lightening got a good rest!
Old 08-24-2013, 01:47 AM   #79
ladylyons

Quote:
Disneyland is never stressful for me so I know what you mean. I am a go with the flow person. If the lines are too long they will slow down. Hopefully the Dr and DH agree.

James sounds like a fire cracker! I hope Lightening got a good rest!
Before kids we were all go, go, go. Then we had Jeremy. Started to slow down a little bit. Really slowed down after we had Sarah and James. Now we enjoy our time together as much as the rides. We've also learned show up early, leave mid day for a break, come back around 5 or 6 (depending on parade times) and we can last until closing and see the nighttime shows. I see my Dr. again on Sept 20 so I figure I'll talk to her then. She may say lets see how you feel when it get's closer.

He sure is!! I think he did because about 10 mins after that comment James was yelling at him to wake up because it was race time!!

Old 08-24-2013, 05:45 PM   #80
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Before kids we were all go, go, go. Then we had Jeremy. Started to slow down a little bit. Really slowed down after we had Sarah and James. Now we enjoy our time together as much as the rides. We've also learned show up early, leave mid day for a break, come back around 5 or 6 (depending on parade times) and we can last until closing and see the nighttime shows. I see my Dr. again on Sept 20 so I figure I'll talk to her then. She may say lets see how you feel when it get's closer.

He sure is!! I think he did because about 10 mins after that comment James was yelling at him to wake up because it was race time!!

So were Scotty and I. Once the kids were old enough as teenagers we started letting them go of on their own and we did what we wanted. The last trip we took we took our own pace and did things we had never taken the time to do like ride in the Lily Belle and just relax. It was awesome! I will think happy thoughts for you on the Dr letting you go!

I hope Lightening won!!
Old 08-25-2013, 12:25 AM   #81
ladylyons

Quote:
So were Scotty and I. Once the kids were old enough as teenagers we started letting them go of on their own and we did what we wanted. The last trip we took we took our own pace and did things we had never taken the time to do like ride in the Lily Belle and just relax. It was awesome! I will think happy thoughts for you on the Dr letting you go!

I hope Lightening won!!
Part of me can't wait for the day that the kids can go off and do their own thing and we can do what we want. We've done the Lily Belle with the kids and loved it!! Jeremy actually enjoyed it too. He's getting into the history of Walt Disney and all that he's done.

You know I don't know who won. I had to go make lunch while the race was going on. Never heard the outcome.

Old 08-25-2013, 03:31 PM   #82
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Part of me can't wait for the day that the kids can go off and do their own thing and we can do what we want. We've done the Lily Belle with the kids and loved it!! Jeremy actually enjoyed it too. He's getting into the history of Walt Disney and all that he's done.

You know I don't know who won. I had to go make lunch while the race was going on. Never heard the outcome.

They grow up so fast. It will be here before you know it! It's a rich history! Have you seen the Disneyland Encyclopedia? That has some great stories in it.

If you find out let me know. I try to follow all of Lightening's races.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:28 PM   #83
ladylyons

Quote:
They grow up so fast. It will be here before you know it! It's a rich history! Have you seen the Disneyland Encyclopedia? That has some great stories in it.

If you find out let me know. I try to follow all of Lightening's races.
I haven't seen that one. I'll have to check it out. We've been to the Walt Disney Family Museum a couple times and really enjoyed the history of who Walt was and not just as the creator of Disneyland. Jeremy's only been once (they don't allow strollers so we only brought the kids once) but he remembers it and will ask me stuff about it. So I think a Mommy/Jeremy day or Mommy/Daddy/Jeremy day needs to happen so we can take him back. Now to just figure out when and to find a babysitter for the other two.

I'll be sure to do that. James and Sarah are napping right now so I'll ask them when they wake up.

Old 08-25-2013, 05:43 PM   #84
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
I haven't seen that one. I'll have to check it out. We've been to the Walt Disney Family Museum a couple times and really enjoyed the history of who Walt was and not just as the creator of Disneyland. Jeremy's only been once (they don't allow strollers so we only brought the kids once) but he remembers it and will ask me stuff about it. So I think a Mommy/Jeremy day or Mommy/Daddy/Jeremy day needs to happen so we can take him back. Now to just figure out when and to find a babysitter for the other two.

I'll be sure to do that. James and Sarah are napping right now so I'll ask them when they wake up.

I had the encyclopedia before and I rebought it. I never finished it. Maybe he would enjoy reading the book with you? There a lot of fun stories about when the park was originally built. Walt was quite a guy. I think you guys would have a ball!

I anxiously await the race outcome!
Old 08-25-2013, 06:08 PM   #85
ladylyons

Quote:
I had the encyclopedia before and I rebought it. I never finished it. Maybe he would enjoy reading the book with you? There a lot of fun stories about when the park was originally built. Walt was quite a guy. I think you guys would have a ball!

I anxiously await the race outcome!
He probably would. He loves to be read to or try to read himself so maybe that could be a good book for him to try to read as he learns more about something he enjoys. It is fun to learn about Walt as a person and not just as the creator of Disneyland. But I will say if you've never been to the Museum the last room is the hardest!! Make sure you have lot's of tissues!!!!

Is it this one? http://www.amazon.com/The-Disneyland...d+Encyclopedia

Old 08-25-2013, 06:38 PM   #86
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Sorry it's taken me this long. Love the changes, extra time, AP, and your favorite resort. I have to say I was surprised when I saw you hadn't chosen the Ayers.
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:04 PM   #87
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
He probably would. He loves to be read to or try to read himself so maybe that could be a good book for him to try to read as he learns more about something he enjoys. It is fun to learn about Walt as a person and not just as the creator of Disneyland. But I will say if you've never been to the Museum the last room is the hardest!! Make sure you have lot's of tissues!!!!

Is it this one? http://www.amazon.com/The-Disneyland...d+Encyclopedia

We have never been! I am ashamed to admit I am 45 miles from San Francisco and have never gone to the museum.

That is updated version, I bought it earlier for my Nook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Sorry it's taken me this long. Love the changes, extra time, AP, and your favorite resort. I have to say I was surprised when I saw you hadn't chosen the Ayers.
Too funny! That is exactly what my mom said.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:06 PM   #88
ladylyons

Quote:
We have never been! I am ashamed to admit I am 45 miles from San Francisco and have never gone to the museum.

That is updated version, I bought it earlier for my Nook.
We are about 45 mins too and that's with minimal traffic. If we don't have traffic going into the city it's a miracle.

Just wanted to make sure I was looking at the right one. Will probably go check the book store but will probably just order it online.

So I found out that Lightening WON!! But it was by default because he wasn't racing anyone.

Old 08-26-2013, 11:03 AM   #89
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons

We are about 45 mins too and that's with minimal traffic. If we don't have traffic going into the city it's a miracle.

Just wanted to make sure I was looking at the right one. Will probably go check the book store but will probably just order it online.

So I found out that Lightening WON!! But it was by default because he wasn't racing anyone.
I can't remember the last time I was able to get to San Francisco in 45 minutes. Traffic has been so bad lately.

I was reading my new copy of that book last night and I think that the stories may bore Jeremy.

Good! Glad to hear Lightening won!!
Every win is a good win!
Old 08-27-2013, 09:48 AM   #90
Leger13
DIS Veteran

Love the pics of the hotel! Looks very nice.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: