Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2013, 04:39 PM   #136
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Jill, Glad the flooding wasn't in your area.

Michele, must be frustrating remembering what all you have and still need. You have been so strong through the whole process. You amaze me.
lovethattink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:41 PM   #137
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Jill, Glad the flooding wasn't in your area.

Michele, must be frustrating remembering what all you have and still need. You have been so strong through the whole process. You amaze me.

Michelle, it is frustrating and in someways kind of heartbreaking.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2013, 12:36 AM   #138
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pesky View Post
Yes and no. I am pretty familiar with DLR. I went to high school in fullerton and my brother was a CM for a while in Tomorrowland. But I moved from SoCal some time ago so I'd say the last time I went to DLR was about 10 years ago! DH has not been in probably more like 15-20. And the kids have never been. So we kind of have a fun mix!
You guys are going to have such a great time!! Get 1st visit buttons for the kids at least. We got extra time with the characters every time it was one of the kids' first visits. Mine are 6 (DS), 5 (DD) and 3 (DS) and enjoy it all (rides, characters, parades, shows, fireworks, etc)!!

Wait this isn't the way to WDW! TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3346971
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:39 PM   #139
kaoden39
Hugs

I was hoping to post the weekly house photos but unfortunately Photobucket is not working. Also I have a Disney related photo for the thread. Soon hopefully!
Old 09-20-2013, 11:22 PM   #140
kaoden39
Hugs

First the Disney related one. I was at the mall buying Loren some clothes today and I had to go to the Disney Store! They had had clothes for Duffy on sale. This is one of his two new outfits.

Now on to the house photos.

They started the stucco!

The insulation has started too!

Our fireplace is moving along!

Kody's room!

Kitchen lights are in!

Another kitchen light! I admit it I am thrilled to have them. They are going to be LED.

The tub is in! This will be the Princess bathroom.

Kacy's room!

Sorry there aren't more but I had my phone and not the camera. Plus not all of them loaded to Photobucket because of their "technical" difficulties.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:41 PM   #141
kaoden39
Hugs

Among my must do's on my list are:

1 Ride in the Lily Belle. Scotty and I did this on our last trip and we would like to share this with the rest of the family. I consider it a must do.

2 Visit the Haunted Mansion on the first and second day. They will be closing it to take down the NBC overlay after that.

3 I want to see every part of the Christmas stuff that is still up. Especially the masks in New Orleans Square. These are the things I love the most about SherryE's holiday trip report.

4 The windows on Main Street. I am kind of hoping that for the first few days we will have holiday ones and then they will change so I can enjoy two sets. These are one of my favorite things in Disneyland.

5 I have to eat at the Hungry Bear at least once. This is for more than one reason. The first is that this is may favorite place to sit and eat. I love to watch the life on the river. I can almost imagine myself in another time and another place there. The second reason is that I love the fried green tomato sandwich there.

These are in not particular order and they aren't the only things but I need to run. I want to get back to embroidering my kitchen towels.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:31 PM   #142
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post

1 Ride in the Lily Belle. Scotty and I did this on our last trip and we would like to share this with the rest of the family. I consider it a must do.

2 Visit the Haunted Mansion on the first and second day. They will be closing it to take down the NBC overlay after that.

3 I want to see every part of the Christmas stuff that is still up. Especially the masks in New Orleans Square. These are the things I love the most about SherryE's holiday trip report.

4 The windows on Main Street. I am kind of hoping that for the first few days we will have holiday ones and then they will change so I can enjoy two sets. These are one of my favorite things in Disneyland.

5 I have to eat at the Hungry Bear at least once. This is for more than one reason. The first is that this is may favorite place to sit and eat. I love to watch the life on the river. I can almost imagine myself in another time and another place there. The second reason is that I love the fried green tomato sandwich there.

These are in not particular order and they aren't the only things but I need to run. I want to get back to embroidering my kitchen towels.
Thank you, Michele -- I think I definitely got some thorough mask coverage last year, but... I deleted my TR thread. The whole thing is gone -- 5 years of work down the tubes, but it was by choice. I at least have my last 2 holiday TRs (including the one with the masks) saved as MS Word documents, but the 2010 "Evil Chair/Peppermint Cone of Death" TR and everything that came before it - gone. (Long story -- will have to explain another time.)

The masks will definitely be up when you're there because they stay up until Mardi Gras time. No chance of missing those.

I'm glad I saw this post you did tonight, though, because it reminded me that I was going to mention to you that one of the recent HMH pieces I read (maybe in the Parks Blog?) stated that Haunted Mansion Holiday would be running through January 5th, not January 6th!

Ugh. Silly Disney people. I don't know why they keep giving conflicting info about dates this year. I didn't think that 1/6 would be the end date of the season anyway, as they always make Sunday the last day of the holidays. So 1/5 would make more sense, but Disney has put Monday, 1/6 as the end date in print. It's just that Haunted Mansion Holiday may not be running on that date.

So, by all means, definitely high-tail it to HMH on Sunday, 1/5, before it closes -- just in case it is not open on 1/6.

ETA: I'm glad to see that the house is coming along nicely, and that Duffy is doing well!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:16 AM   #143
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Cute new clothes for Duffy

So nice to see the house is coming along
Old 09-22-2013, 09:06 AM   #144
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

There's a snake in my boot. Love the new Duffy clothes.

The house is really coming along. How did the house fair all your rain yesterday?

Quote:

I don't know much about any of these things. But I do remember seeing Lisa's NBC pictures from her trip. And I do remember your friend green tomato sandwich.
lovethattink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:52 PM   #145
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Thank you, Michele -- I think I definitely got some thorough mask coverage last year, but... I deleted my TR thread. The whole thing is gone -- 5 years of work down the tubes, but it was by choice. I at least have my last 2 holiday TRs (including the one with the masks) saved as MS Word documents, but the 2010 "Evil Chair/Peppermint Cone of Death" TR and everything that came before it - gone. (Long story -- will have to explain another time.)

The masks will definitely be up when you're there because they stay up until Mardi Gras time. No chance of missing those.

I'm glad I saw this post you did tonight, though, because it reminded me that I was going to mention to you that one of the recent HMH pieces I read (maybe in the Parks Blog?) stated that Haunted Mansion Holiday would be running through January 5th, not January 6th!

Ugh. Silly Disney people. I don't know why they keep giving conflicting info about dates this year. I didn't think that 1/6 would be the end date of the season anyway, as they always make Sunday the last day of the holidays. So 1/5 would make more sense, but Disney has put Monday, 1/6 as the end date in print. It's just that Haunted Mansion Holiday may not be running on that date.

So, by all means, definitely high-tail it to HMH on Sunday, 1/5, before it closes -- just in case it is not open on 1/6.

ETA: I'm glad to see that the house is coming along nicely, and that Duffy is doing well!

Sherry, it breaks my heart to hear about your trip report. I read your posts from on here and on Facebook to Scotty and he agrees with me that you have a great turn of words. He asked me if you write professionaly.

I know you must have noticed how small I have gone with my photos. I wanted to make sure they wouldn't bother your computer. The house is great! I want to move home so bad. Duffy is wonderful! My best friends daughter bought his for me for my birthday in May. The clothes were on sale so I figured he needed an outfit or two. I also got him a Buzz outfit.

Thank you on keeping me up to date on the dates. Hopefully we will get a few hours in the park so that Kacy gets to ride the Haunted Mansion at least once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Cute new clothes for Duffy

So nice to see the house is coming along

Thank you Kelly!

Quote:

The house is really coming along. How did the house fair all your rain yesterday?

I don't know much about any of these things. But I do remember seeing Lisa's NBC pictures from her trip. And I do remember your friend green tomato sandwich.
Michelle, I was really wishing that the outfit came with boots. He looks so darn cute.

The house did really well in the rain. That was a strange weather day for us. We don't normally see rain until October at the earliest.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:24 AM   #146
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post

Shows you how long it's been since I checked in there that I didn't know that. I'm a bit stunned! Since it was your choice I'm happy for you (?), but wowza!

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 02:17 AM   #147
ladylyons

What great pictures of the house!! Looks good!

We loved the ride on the Lily Belle when we did it. I want to do it again but always forget to stop at the train station on the way in. By the time I remember we're already in Fantasyland in line for Peter Pan. List looks good!!

Old 09-24-2013, 01:01 PM   #148
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post

Shows you how long it's been since I checked in there that I didn't know that. I'm a bit stunned! Since it was your choice I'm happy for you (?), but wowza!
Hi Molly!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
What great pictures of the house!! Looks good!

We loved the ride on the Lily Belle when we did it. I want to do it again but always forget to stop at the train station on the way in. By the time I remember we're already in Fantasyland in line for Peter Pan. List looks good!!

Thank you Sandra!

Scotty and I really enjoyed the Lily Belle. It is so rich in history and so beautiful. Thank you on the list, it is a work in progress.
Old 09-24-2013, 01:03 PM   #149
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:

I need to break the list down for you. I didn't think about the fact that I have WDW visitors to my thread.

Quote:

The Lily Belle is Walt's private car for the train. It was decorated by Lillian Disney. She used it for special guests. You can ride it if you make arrangements at the beginning of the day.

Nightmare Before Christmas. It makes the Haunted Mansion more silly.

New Orleans Square has the most amazing themed decorations.

Does WDW do their windows seasonal?

I have no doubt you remember my sandwich from my last trip.

Last edited by kaoden39; 09-24-2013 at 01:42 PM.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:28 AM   #150
ladylyons

Quote:
Thank you Sandra!

Scotty and I really enjoyed the Lily Belle. It is so rich in history and so beautiful. Thank you on the list, it is a work in progress.
I always have good intentions to followng a list and then just ditch it and go with the flow. Maybe when the kids are older a list will work for us but the kids do dictate a lot of what we do. I'm actually kind of sad I'm missing HM NMC this year. I've heard they've done some changes for the 13th Anniversary of it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: