Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2013, 01:01 PM   #1
lorrie322
Earning My Ears

Bed wetting

As I was changing my son's bedding early this morning because his pull-up leaked, I was wondering how this is dealt with on a Disney cruise. Can you call them in the middle of the night for new bedding? Is there any sort of waterproof mattress pad on the bed? Or do I need to look into those pads you put on the bed (like you have at the hospital)? It doesn't happen often, maybe once a month or so, but I'm concerned about it happening away from home.

Disney Magic - November 2013
WDW - June 2005
WDW - December 1996
lorrie322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:15 PM   #2
TheRatPack
Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed except by the tagfairy!

I've read they are very understanding about it but I'd still take the pads or something, as I always hate to call housekeeping due to something like this and so me personally, I'd try to prevent the issue

TheRatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2013, 02:05 PM   #3
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

We always travel with the Good Nights bed pads. The don't take up much room to pack, disposable, and just polite not to make someone else deal with my child's soiled linen any more than necessary. I'm sure they are used to it, but I try to do as much as I can to help the situation as well. (And when DD starts having leaky pull-ups more than sporadically we know it's time to switch her to the next size!)

Enjoy your cruise!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:46 PM   #4
elcabezas
Earning My Ears

My son wet his bed once, I called service desk at 2 am. The guy showed up like 5 minutes later with new clean sheets and change the bed without a problem. Tons of kids there, I'm pretty sure it happens a lot more often than you think on that cruise.
elcabezas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:16 PM   #5
jrabbit
DIS Veteran

and someone on another thread that that putting your suitcase on the blue blanket on the bed was gross!! But I totally understand that DCL has a high number of kids on board and accidents happen. Heck, I'm an adult and .... well 'nuff said
jrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:26 PM   #6
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrabbit View Post
and someone on another thread that that putting your suitcase on the blue blanket on the bed was gross!! But I totally understand that DCL has a high number of kids on board and accidents happen. Heck, I'm an adult and .... well 'nuff said
Yeah, I was gonna comment that the cruise lines who have lotsa senior citizen passengers onboard also have to deal with the problem.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:34 PM   #7
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

We had to call HK once at 11pm because the sheets were already dirty before we used them (ewh), and we waited until 1am for it to be resolved.

So yes, they will come change it, but they were passing the buck over our issue (our room attendant was off duty, he refused to come and they found the night maintenance guy, who had to then call his supervisor, who then came to oversee it).

You could always put a pad down and ask your guy for extra sheets so you don't have to call anyone at 3am which might wake all the kids up.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:41 PM   #8
slcmom
Mouseketeer

I also vote for traveling with protective mats. I've had my bladder removed due to cancer. My ostomy bag works very well except when it doesn't.....and then I leak. I always sleep with a soft waterproof rubber covered with flannel type of mat from the medical supply store. It washes easily. I use it over the sheets. Not only would I worry about wet sheets, but sometimes the mattress gets wet also and that's just gross!
Old 08-13-2013, 06:49 PM   #9
diznymom
Mouseketeer

The beds have waterproof mattress pads under the sheets.

DH spilled coffee on the bed one morning. I was able to grab everything off the mattress very quickly. I noticed the waterproof pad at that time.
diznymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:07 PM   #10
Melcatfish
In full planning mode!
Just one more victim of a drive-by tag attack

Our DD who has been clean and dry at night for 3 years wet during the night on our recent cruise. She was extremely tired and didn't wake so it was at 7:00am when I was trying to get a tired and grumpy couple of kids and DH out of bed to go on a trip to Rome that I discovered this. The bedding is all tucked in very tight and I found it very difficult to try to removed the sheets. My DH put his head out the door and our SRH was nearby and he was extremely laid back, told us to leave it and he would deal with it and that we mustn't worry. We had to run to get breakfast and make our excursion but I later found our room host and thanked him again. He said "really, please don't worry at all, it happens all the time, the kids are tired and out of their routine or sometimes they wake up scared in the middle of the night and don't get to the bathroom, it really isn't a problem" he was so very kind and understanding and of course we added some extra into his tip for his trouble.

My suggestion is if you know it might be a problem pack some of the bed mats but if it happens out of the blue then be aware that the SRH are used to it and will handle it sensitively.

Mel
x
Melcatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:20 PM   #11
Seamama
Mouseketeer

crib pad

I recommend bringing a crib pad (sold in the baby section of any big store like Target, Walmart, etc. Basically this: http://www.amazon.com/American-Baby-...pad+waterproof) and put it under the fitted sheet on the bed. It won't fit the entire bed but you can lay it across in a way that will likely work just fine. You'd have to wash it yourself but since it's an unlikely thing to happen, you probably won't need to.

Another option is getting a twin size waterproof sheet (like this: http://www.amazon.com/Hanna-Kay-Wate...f+mattress+pad). It'll fit the entire bed but it's more expensive and the crib sheet should work just fine.
Seamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:20 PM   #12
lorrie322
Earning My Ears

Thank you for all of the helpful replies. I'm hoping it doesn't happen at all, but want to be prepared just in case!

Disney Magic - November 2013
WDW - June 2005
WDW - December 1996
lorrie322 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: