Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-30-2013, 03:27 PM   #1
theycallmered
DIS Veteran
 
theycallmered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 842

Dining Plan Without Purchasing Park Tickets

My husband and I have Premier Park Passes and are thinking about heading down to WDW this autumn. This is our first year with annual passes so I am not sure how having an annual pass will affect our ability to purchase the dining plan. Can anyone shed some light on the topic?

Thanks!
__________________
2013 Multiple Disneyland Trips as Premier Pass Holders
2012 30th Birthday Trip to Disneyland
2012 Disney's Saratoga Springs
2010 Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, Kidani Village
2005 Disney's All Star Movies Resort
2002 Offsite
1997 Offsite
1997 Offsite
1996 Offisite
1993 Offsite
1983 Disney's Contemporary Resort
(\_/)
(o.O) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny to your signature
(> <) to help him achieve world domination
theycallmered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:31 PM   #2
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran
 
aaarcher86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 7,858

Quote:
Originally Posted by theycallmered View Post
My husband and I have Premier Park Passes and are thinking about heading down to WDW this autumn. This is our first year with annual passes so I am not sure how having an annual pass will affect our ability to purchase the dining plan. Can anyone shed some light on the topic?

Thanks!
You can book a ticketless annual pass package and add the dining plan without purchasing park tickets.
__________________
aaarcher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-30-2013, 04:00 PM   #3
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15,108

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
You can book a ticketless annual pass package and add the dining plan without purchasing park tickets.
This .
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:55 PM   #4
kaybird
DIS Veteran
 
kaybird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Sedgwick, KS usa
Posts: 3,771

You can also purchase the dining plan for anyone else in your room. They will need to purchase tickets separately.
__________________
"We go fast, we go high, we fall far, we get cold, and we do finally get to see the Yeti himself"

kaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:11 PM   #5
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate
 
TDC Nala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far enough outside the Beltway
Posts: 59,269
DISboards Moderator

You would also have the option of renting DVC points from an owner and adding the dining plan that way.
__________________
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 10:32 AM   #6
Born2Cruz
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 122

Does anyone know how much it is for adults to purchase the dining plan if you have an annual pass?
Born2Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 03:17 PM   #7
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15,108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born2Cruz View Post
Does anyone know how much it is for adults to purchase the dining plan if you have an annual pass?
I think the regular DDP is around $59/pp per night and the DlxDDP is around $104/pp per night. There is no discount or special pricing on the DDP for having an AP, just in case that is what you were wondering .
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:55 PM   #8
cpc430
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 267

Do you have to stay at a resort hotel to purchase the dining plan when you have an annual pass? We don't have it yet, but are planning to get the premiere pass in December and will stay at the Hilton by DTD when we go. Doing research to see if a meal plan is even an option for us. Thanks.
cpc430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 12:45 AM   #9
purple figment
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northern California
Posts: 8,059

You have to stay at a Disney owned resort to get the dining plan so the Hilton won't qualify.
__________________
Kim T
purple figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:25 PM   #10
cpc430
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 267

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple figment View Post
You have to stay at a Disney owned resort to get the dining plan so the Hilton won't qualify.
Thanks! That's what I thought.
cpc430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:30 PM   #11
tinkerpea
DIS Veteran
 
tinkerpea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: RAF Henlow England
Posts: 2,215

Does this work for free ddp as well?

We have a trip for 15nights in October an we are going again for 18 park nights In may after our cruise,
Both trips we have the ddp but for the 1st trip we are having to get 2 days worth of tickets to get the ddp and then getting the UK ultimate for the other 13 days,

I was wondering if it would be better to get an annual pass but do t want to do this if I still have to buy the 2 days tickets to get the free ddp!

Hope that made sense?
__________________



Me 29,DH 33,DS 12, DS"Twins"9
tinkerpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:56 PM   #12
purple figment
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northern California
Posts: 8,059

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerpea View Post
Does this work for free ddp as well?

We have a trip for 15nights in October an we are going again for 18 park nights In may after our cruise,
Both trips we have the ddp but for the 1st trip we are having to get 2 days worth of tickets to get the ddp and then getting the UK ultimate for the other 13 days,

I was wondering if it would be better to get an annual pass but do t want to do this if I still have to buy the 2 days tickets to get the free ddp!

Hope that made sense?
Anytime you book a free dining special it will require tickets - currently 2 day tickets for everyone 3 years and older in your room. Do you have FD for both of your planned trips or just the October trip?

I'm not familiar enough with UK tickets so are the Ultimates a required component for your Oct trip or are you adding them because I know they are financially a good price for 2 week trips. If you don't have to include the Ultimates, you can use the 2 day (FD requirement) tickets towards the cost of APs.

For the May trip you can book a ticketless AP package and add a paid dining plan. FD would require 2 day tickets even though you have APs. You can save these tickets and use them in the future for renewing the APs or on a trip when you don't have tickets - just be careful not to use them accidently during your May trip.
__________________
Kim T
purple figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:58 AM   #13
tinkerpea
DIS Veteran
 
tinkerpea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: RAF Henlow England
Posts: 2,215

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple figment View Post

Anytime you book a free dining special it will require tickets - currently 2 day tickets for everyone 3 years and older in your room. Do you have FD for both of your planned trips or just the October trip?

I'm not familiar enough with UK tickets so are the Ultimates a required component for your Oct trip or are you adding them because I know they are financially a good price for 2 week trips. If you don't have to include the Ultimates, you can use the 2 day (FD requirement) tickets towards the cost of APs.

For the May trip you can book a ticketless AP package and add a paid dining plan. FD would require 2 day tickets even though you have APs. You can save these tickets and use them in the future for renewing the APs or on a trip when you don't have tickets - just be careful not to use them accidently during your May trip.
Ahh I see,
We have free ddp for both trips, I booked through the US travel agent dreams for the October trip & through disney UK for the May trip,
We have the 21 day ultimate for the 18 day trip and we are getting the 14 day ultimate for the October trip as its financially better deal,

So we will have the 2 day spare tickets from the October trip,how can I make sure that they are not used?

I mean when I check in to the Poly in October can I tell them that I have a 14 day pass I want to use and not the 2 day ticket? How long can I keep the ticket for?
Sorry
__________________



Me 29,DH 33,DS 12, DS"Twins"9
tinkerpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:06 PM   #14
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran
 
aaarcher86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 7,858

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerpea View Post
Ahh I see,
We have free ddp for both trips, I booked through the US travel agent dreams for the October trip & through disney UK for the May trip,
We have the 21 day ultimate for the 18 day trip and we are getting the 14 day ultimate for the October trip as its financially better deal,

So we will have the 2 day spare tickets from the October trip,how can I make sure that they are not used?

I mean when I check in to the Poly in October can I tell them that I have a 14 day pass I want to use and not the 2 day ticket? How long can I keep the ticket for?
Sorry
You just won't physically use that set of tickets to go into the parks. When you get to the parks, use the tickets you DO want to use. The set of 2 won't activate until they are physically put through a park turnstile (or whatever it is called now). The unused tickets are good indefinitely.
__________________
aaarcher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:24 PM   #15
purple figment
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northern California
Posts: 8,059

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerpea View Post

So we will have the 2 day spare tickets from the October trip,how can I make sure that they are not used?

I mean when I check in to the Poly in October can I tell them that I have a 14 day pass I want to use and not the 2 day ticket? How long can I keep the ticket for?
Sorry
With all the changes coming with MDE, FP+, MB, etc all this may change, but up till now you just had to be careful not to accidentally use the tickets at the turnstiles. Some people mark the KTTW cards, others have them removed since you need the KTTW cards for EMH, room charging, dining plan credits.

Completely unused tickets are good forever.
__________________
Kim T
purple figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.