Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2013, 11:26 PM   #16
LookinUp
Mouseketeer

We had the same warm fuzzy feeling about Celebration the first time we visited there, too. And the same deflated feeling looking at home prices.
Looking forward to swim time next.

LookinUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:35 AM   #17
lovedonaldduck
DIS Veteran

Unfortunately, there isn't going to be an update today either. Today is Peyton's first day of 2nd grade and Charlotte's first day at daycare so this weekend was devoted to getting them ready for that and not messing with Photobucket.

We all survived this morning - Peyton was in tears at school, Mommy was in tears at daycare, and Charlotte was in tears when Mommy and Daddy left her. Hopefully that was the end of the tears for the day.

Perhaps tomorrow there will be a Pop Century update as well as some first day of school pictures!
Register to remove

Old 08-19-2013, 11:16 AM   #18
MotherandDaughter
Mouseketeer

Happy that the first day of second grade and daycare was filled with joy and sad to hear that it was filled with tears.
Summer 2013: Offsite
Next trip: none at the moment

DD DM DD
MotherandDaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:33 PM   #19
lovedonaldduck
DIS Veteran

And more tears for Mommy, just called to check in and found out that Charlotte refused to eat or drink anything at lunch. Oh, how I wish I could rescue her from daycare and go home and snuggle and baby her!
Old 08-20-2013, 08:21 AM   #20
lovedonaldduck
DIS Veteran

My apologies again, Photobucket is not cooperating with my work computer and I didn't have a chance to try from home last night.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:10 PM   #21
lovedonaldduck
DIS Veteran

There will either be a Pop update later tonight or in the morning.

I am stressing about our September trip and plans and was hoping someone could help. Is the Princess Breakfast in Norway a family style/buffet combo? I'm thinking, from what I've read, that there is a cold buffet with some of the more exotic/Norwegian foods and that hot American style breakfast food is served family style. Is that accurate?

We did a breakfast at Tusker House a few months ago, and for some reason a character buffet isn't working so well for us right now. Charlotte isn't particularly into meeting the characters, although she's not the least bit scared of them. But, she doesn't have a very long attention span for dining out so, right now, a buffet is stressful. I felt like I barely had time to eat and certainly no time to relax and I don't want to repeat that experience, especially not at Princess prices. If it's a family style combo, I think that will work better until she's a little older.

If anyone has been, please let me know how it works and your thoughts on the experience. Thanks!
Old 08-21-2013, 07:35 PM   #22
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedonaldduck View Post
There will either be a Pop update later tonight or in the morning.

I am stressing about our September trip and plans and was hoping someone could help. Is the Princess Breakfast in Norway a family style/buffet combo? I'm thinking, from what I've read, that there is a cold buffet with some of the more exotic/Norwegian foods and that hot American style breakfast food is served family style. Is that accurate?

We did a breakfast at Tusker House a few months ago, and for some reason a character buffet isn't working so well for us right now. Charlotte isn't particularly into meeting the characters, although she's not the least bit scared of them. But, she doesn't have a very long attention span for dining out so, right now, a buffet is stressful. I felt like I barely had time to eat and certainly no time to relax and I don't want to repeat that experience, especially not at Princess prices. If it's a family style combo, I think that will work better until she's a little older.

If anyone has been, please let me know how it works and your thoughts on the experience. Thanks!
You are correct- Norway is a family style hot brought to the table and the cold items are in the buffet. There is a Princess parade during breakfast where they all gather the kids and parade around.

Servers were attentive and a picture with Belle is when you enter. Other Princess come around to the tables.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:45 PM   #23
LookinUp
Mouseketeer

We haven't done Akershus, but I have a thought. Maybe you could do (late?) lunch with just Peyton while Daddy takes Charlotte back to the resort for her nap. Next time, you could switch, so you get to put your feet up and watch ESPN for a coupla hours. OK, so it's not ideal, with the family split up, but maybe a good compromise while Charlotte still needs a nap and gets antsy at buffets. It could give both your princesses what they need.

Just my two cents. Good luck deciding!

LookinUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:10 AM   #24
lovedonaldduck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
You are correct- Norway is a family style hot brought to the table and the cold items are in the buffet. There is a Princess parade during breakfast where they all gather the kids and parade around.

Servers were attentive and a picture with Belle is when you enter. Other Princess come around to the tables.
Thanks! I'm thinking this may work for us. I can stay with Charlotte and feed her the hot food and I can just have everyone bring me my requests from the cold buffet Charlotte is several months older now, so maybe it will go better than I expect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinUp View Post
We haven't done Akershus, but I have a thought. Maybe you could do (late?) lunch with just Peyton while Daddy takes Charlotte back to the resort for her nap. Next time, you could switch, so you get to put your feet up and watch ESPN for a coupla hours. OK, so it's not ideal, with the family split up, but maybe a good compromise while Charlotte still needs a nap and gets antsy at buffets. It could give both your princesses what they need.

Just my two cents. Good luck deciding!
Thanks for the suggestion. I am definitely going to keep my options open. My parents will be with us on this trip, so we could possibly make it a girls meal for the big girls and the boys can take Charlotte for a nap or for some other fun. We are okay with splitting up for rides and stuff - it's just part of having 2 so far apart in age - but we haven't really split up for meals yet. It's something to consider though.

Selfishly, I wish Peyton could see the wisdom in waiting a year of two to do the Princess meal so we could all enjoy it more - I hate to spend that much money for a less than ideal experience. DH is probably going to have to weigh in on this one, I'm so indecisive.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:46 AM   #25
lovedonaldduck
DIS Veteran

Although we did go directly to the pool and spent a good deal of time there, I have zero pool pictures. We started off with drinks from the pool bar, found chairs together (quite a feat in August in the middle of the afternoon). Charlotte and I made several trips back and forth between the kiddie pool and the big pool. Peyton participated in some of the pool party activities. Charlotte decided she had enough swimming so we found a table near the kiddie pool in the shade and had a little snack before rounding up Peyton and Daddy and heading back to the room.

When we got back to the room, the Pack n Play and working refrigerator had been delivered. Of course, we got a Pack n Play where one of the sides wouldn’t latch so we had to request another one. DH was a little aggravated that instead of switching out the fridges, they just put the second one on the floor next to the table. With the four of us, the stroller, the Pack n Play, and the fridge we were a little bit cramped. I was thinking we might need to wait a few years before staying at another value resort – until we are rid of the Pack n Play and/or the stroller so it doesn’t feel so cramped. DH said he’d be willing to give Pop another try sooner – he feels like the fridge on the floor is what did it for him.

Once we got a fully functional Pack n Play and got it set up, Charlotte decided to give it a try.

She's not at all spoiled, I line the bottom of the Pack n Play with all the spare pillows in the room and cover those with the sheet. That way she doesn't have to sleep on what amounts to a piece of foam on top of a piece of cardboard

We decided to head over to Art of Animation for some dinner. Here are some pictures along the way.

Charlotte loves that Donald Duck. She has a matching Goofy who is at school with her today. We have a Disney outlet in St. Augustine where I found them for $10 each! The only way to buy Disney plush. They have Mickey and Minnie too but I'm holding out because we do not need another stuffed animal at our house. The outlet is awesome, it is where I do most of my Disney shopping, unless I hit a good sale at the Disney Store.

Notice Peyton's pink Magic Band. I am so excited to use Fastpass+ on our upcoming trip! Since we didn't head to the parks on our August trip, all we were able to use them for was to get into the room and charge stuff at the food court and the gift shop.

We really enjoyed the food at Art of Animation – I had Mongolian Beef, DH had a salad, Peyton devoured a chicken parmesan, and Charlotte had some pizza. I was very impressed with my dinner and Peyton was with hers. I think for DH and Charlotte it was pretty standard. I’d loved the variety they offered and the fact that they had stuff you don’t usually see at Disney food courts.

After dinner we walked around AoA – I’ll have those pictures next time. 
Old 08-22-2013, 09:04 AM   #26
MotherandDaughter
Mouseketeer

Great update!
We went to St. Augustine this past summer and went to the Disney Outlets.
I agree, those Disney outlets have amazing prices.
Summer 2013: Offsite
Next trip: none at the moment

DD DM DD
MotherandDaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:20 AM   #27
lovedonaldduck
DIS Veteran

We are so spoiled with the outlet in St. Augustine (it's probably about 30 minutes from our house). The only problem is that it's hit or miss. Sometimes they have great stuff at great prices and sometimes they have nothing. It has totally changed my perspective on Disney shirts - I have a super hard time paying more than $15 for something for an adult and $8 is pretty much the max for the girls.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:23 AM   #28
lovedonaldduck
DIS Veteran

Advice please - I am trying to finalize plans for our upcoming trip and I'm wondering which would be better crowd wise - rope drop or mid afternoon to close at MK for a MNSSHP day? We're not going to the party, so we'll either get there at open and stay through lunch or get there around 3 and stay until the park "closes" at 7. Any advice?

Other things you might want to know - If we opt for rope drop, this will be our second RD at MK. To complicate matters further, we are using Fastpass+ so we can ensure that we can do at least 4 rides with FP regardless of our arrival time.

All thoughts are appreciated. I feel like once I get this day worked out the rest of the week will fall in place.

Thanks for your help.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:25 AM   #29
lovedonaldduck
DIS Veteran

i just came up with a 3rd option - maybe arrive mid afternoon and stay til around 5.

I'm thinking 9-1, 1-5, or 3-7
Old 08-28-2013, 09:23 PM   #30
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I'm joining! I love the idea of Disney every month.

I would definitely suggest going to MK from 9-1. I am an advocate of early morning, because you will get the most done in a short period of time. Less crowds.
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: