DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2013, 05:49 PM   #31
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
I have March UY & have not bought because I was under the impression that I would be paying MF prorated from the opening until the end of the year. Do I have that wrong? If I buy, I do not have to pay any MF for 2013? I thought when I bought at AKV, I paid MF but got no points the year it opened. Shucks...I missed the $145 price...we had initial paperwork drawn up on EBTA cruise, but decided to let it go because of my understanding.
In the March UY case you would pay prorated 2014 MF's - so prorated from 3/1/2014. Only UY's that received 2013 points and are Apr-Oct will pay a proration from opening thru the end of the year. And Dec UY's will pay one month prorated fees for 2013.

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:30 PM   #32
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
In the March UY case you would pay prorated 2014 MF's - so prorated from 3/1/2014. Only UY's that received 2013 points and are Apr-Oct will pay a proration from opening thru the end of the year. And Dec UY's will pay one month prorated fees for 2013.
See, I did misunderstand! Oh well. Thank you. What confused me, I guess is the fact that I could borrow and therefore could be using some in this UY!
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2013, 07:59 PM   #33
lodge
DIS Veteran

Naw, bobbiwoz.... you're needed at another resort for other things!!!
Old 08-13-2013, 09:33 PM   #34
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
See, I did misunderstand! Oh well. Thank you. What confused me, I guess is the fact that I could borrow and therefore could be using some in this UY!
To add to what KAT4DISNEY posted, here are the rules for pro-rated dues. You pay dues starting from the LATER of:

- your purchase date
- the start of your initial Use Year
- the occupancy date of the Unit you purchased

If you purchase a March UY contract at VGF in 2013, the latest date of these three would be the start of your initial UY, March 1, 2014. You would owe no dues for 2013 and would owe approximately 10 months worth of dues for 2014 (they actually charge you for the number of days, not months).

You could borrow points to use this year for stays that begin on or after the occupancy date of the Unit purchased, which I assume would be Oct 23, 2013.

Last edited by LisaS; 08-13-2013 at 09:51 PM.
LisaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:34 PM   #35
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
That's a bummer!

I too can find it surprising that you can borrow - anytime actually - before paying MF's on points but I guess it works out in the program without too much trouble.

Maybe some incentives will come along - or there's only been the one increase so far....

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:38 PM   #36
rlovew

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz
I have March UY & have not bought because I was under the impression that I would be paying MF prorated from the opening until the end of the year. Do I have that wrong? If I buy, I do not have to pay any MF for 2013? I thought when I bought at AKV, I paid MF but got no points the year it opened. Shucks...I missed the $145 price...we had initial paperwork drawn up on EBTA cruise, but decided to let it go because of my understanding.
You will not pay MF until you receive points so you pay no 2013 fees and you will have prorated dues for 2014- starting in March
Old 08-13-2013, 09:58 PM   #37
micandsofsmom
Earning My Ears

Thank you all so much for your input and support. I spoke again to my guide today and he gave me an email address to send a detailed complaint to, he said he was also going to send one on my behalf. He mentioned the developers points to me, but told me his manager doesn't think they will do anything. According to my guide, they are bombarded with people in my situation who feel like they were given a crappy deal, because they were mislead. I emailed the department he sent me to, and am waiting for a response. I'm not sure how to reply to a response directly, but thank you the the poster who told me to ask for the developers points because of the lack of information from my guide. That's how I positioned it, which is in fact the truth. I did ask specifically about anyone getting 2013 points. I also asked if I waited and bought at the higher price if I would get them, and was told no across the board. Again thanks for all of each of your input. Will let you know the outcome. In the end, I am truly blessed in many aspects of my life that have nothing to do with dollars or vacations. And, now I am wiser to situations such as these. I still love Disney and am grateful to be able to take my kids there, and for the fact that they will be able to enjoy it during their years ahead too.
micandsofsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:40 AM   #38
lorie13
Mouseketeer

We bought during the member promo period and we asked about a different UY and we were given the option to pick a different UY.

I have to say though when we first called in and spoke with a guide (not our guide as she was not in that day), the answer came back "we will have to check". Well they never did call back with the answer. But when we spoke with our actual guide and asked her, she said "yes" it can be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMC View Post
That being said, one thing that I haven't seen addressed here is the fact that you bought during the promo phase for existing owners. During that time, owners were only allowed to buy contracts with a UY that matched one they currently owned. So buying at $145 AND getting current points was never an option for you. Your choices were to buy at $145 and get no 2013 points or buy at $150 and get current points. Yes, it stinks, but it stinks for all Feb and Mar owners equally.

Last edited by lorie13; 08-14-2013 at 09:40 AM.
lorie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:08 AM   #39
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorie13 View Post
We bought during the member promo period and we asked about a different UY and we were given the option to pick a different UY.

I have to say thought when we first called in and spoke with a guide (not our guide as she was not in that day), the answer came back "we will have to check". Well they never did call back with the answer. But when we spoke with our actual guide and asked her, she said "yes" it can be done.
That was definitely something that evolved during the owners-only sale. DVC started out giving owners and unequivocal "no" when they asked for a different UY. But a couple of weeks in, people started reporting their guides had gotten "special permission" to give them what they wanted.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:23 AM   #40
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
That was definitely something that evolved during the owners-only sale. DVC started out giving owners and unequivocal "no" when they asked for a different UY. But a couple of weeks in, people started reporting their guides had gotten "special permission" to give them what they wanted.
Since we have been owners Disney has always said no to a different UY. It makes extra work for them and they report that owners who request other UY's don't always understand what they are getting into and Disney doesn't want to deal with the upset owners.

They always get "special" permission if pushed hard enough.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:02 AM   #41
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I guess is the fact that I could borrow and therefore could be using some in this UY!
One other restriction when you purchase new construction is that you cannot use any of the points before the occupancy date of the Unit you purchased. So while you could borrow some of the points for use in this UY but would not be able to use them for any nights prior to Oct 23, 2013.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:18 AM   #42
TheDWord
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by micandsofsmom View Post
Thank you all so much for your input and support. I spoke again to my guide today and he gave me an email address to send a detailed complaint to, he said he was also going to send one on my behalf. He mentioned the developers points to me, but told me his manager doesn't think they will do anything. According to my guide, they are bombarded with people in my situation who feel like they were given a crappy deal, because they were mislead. I emailed the department he sent me to, and am waiting for a response. I'm not sure how to reply to a response directly, but thank you the the poster who told me to ask for the developers points because of the lack of information from my guide. That's how I positioned it, which is in fact the truth. I did ask specifically about anyone getting 2013 points. I also asked if I waited and bought at the higher price if I would get them, and was told no across the board. Again thanks for all of each of your input. Will let you know the outcome. In the end, I am truly blessed in many aspects of my life that have nothing to do with dollars or vacations. And, now I am wiser to situations such as these. I still love Disney and am grateful to be able to take my kids there, and for the fact that they will be able to enjoy it during their years ahead too.
You have a great attitude. I also have been wronged recently (not Disney related) and reading your last post has been an encouragement. Thanks, and I hope all works out for the best for you.
TheDWord is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: