Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2013, 08:19 AM   #1
Suger Mag
Mouseketeer

Does the Wonder still offer "Gold by the Inch"

when we sailed the Wonder in 2008 there was a special night in the shops where they had "Gold by the Inch" where you could buy lengths of various gold and silver chains ... I had a adorable anklet made with dangling Minnie Mouse heads.
When we sailed the Fantasy this July I was hoping to see that again and it was not offered (I don't ever want to hear about Tanzanite International again). Anyone know if it is still happening and is a ship specific thing? I saw it mentioned in some Navigators so that gives me hope. I am sailing the WOnder again in March and would love to add to my collection.

Magic Kingdom and River Country 1980 * Grand Floridian Grand Gathering/ Wonder Cruise 2008 * Animal Kingdom Villas:40th B-day/ Food and Wine 2009 * Grand Californian Experimental Biology 2010 * Animal Kingdom Villas:Thanksgiving 2011* 20th Anniversary Fantasy Caribbean Cruise July 2013* Spring Break Cruise on the Wonder March 2014

Suger Mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:48 AM   #2
EeyoreIsMyName
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suger Mag View Post
when we sailed the Wonder in 2008 there was a special night in the shops where they had "Gold by the Inch" where you could buy lengths of various gold and silver chains ... I had a adorable anklet made with dangling Minnie Mouse heads.
When we sailed the Fantasy this July I was hoping to see that again and it was not offered (I don't ever want to hear about Tanzanite International again). Anyone know if it is still happening and is a ship specific thing? I saw it mentioned in some Navigators so that gives me hope. I am sailing the WOnder again in March and would love to add to my collection.
I just sailed the Wonder and don't recall seeing anything like this, but I do know what you are talking about as they offered this on a previous Wonder sailing. They seemed to be pushing the Sophia Fiori, Swarovski, Chamilia and Effy lines when I was looking at the jewelry.

EeyoreIsMyName is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2013, 11:30 AM   #3
CruznLexi
DIS Veteran

It was not offered on our Alaska cruise. I do recall seeing in last year on MR on the Wonder.
CruznLexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:59 PM   #4
PegIra
DIS Veteran

Gold by the inch

We were on the Fantasy in January and I asked and was told they had it on the Magic. I don't know if that is a fact or not.
PegIra is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: