Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2013, 02:02 PM   #1
ColoradoErin
Earning My Ears

New to DCL - help me choose!

Hello! We are former RCCL cruisers and really want to check out Disney! We are trying to decide between a 4 night on the "new" Magic or a 5 night Western on Wonder. Both sail Jan 2014. I am leaning towards the 5 night to get the extra day and prolong our vacation just a tad, but DH is really excited about the new features being added to Magic, notably the new kids club and pool features for our DD who is 5. I know no one has been on the "new" Magic yet, but what does everyone recommend for our first taste of Disney?

A little background: I am 31, DH is 34, DD is 5 and we are also sailing with our parents who are in their 60's, this will be their 2nd cruise.

How is Wonder holding up? Will our DD miss the new bells and whistles or is the current kids area on Wonder still great? The ports also are more appealing on Wonder, but we will miss Castaway Cay which is a bummer.

Any guidance is much appreciated! I am excited to become part of this community!

-Erin
ColoradoErin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:15 PM   #2
Justacruiser
Military Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoErin View Post
Hello! We are former RCCL cruisers and really want to check out Disney! We are trying to decide between a 4 night on the "new" Magic or a 5 night Western on Wonder. Both sail Jan 2014. I am leaning towards the 5 night to get the extra day and prolong our vacation just a tad, but DH is really excited about the new features being added to Magic, notably the new kids club and pool features for our DD who is 5. I know no one has been on the "new" Magic yet, but what does everyone recommend for our first taste of Disney?

A little background: I am 31, DH is 34, DD is 5 and we are also sailing with our parents who are in their 60's, this will be their 2nd cruise.

How is Wonder holding up? Will our DD miss the new bells and whistles or is the current kids area on Wonder still great? The ports also are more appealing on Wonder, but we will miss Castaway Cay which is a bummer.

Any guidance is much appreciated! I am excited to become part of this community!

-Erin
How about the 5-day on the Wonder 1/19/2014. You get CC and 2 sea days!

2014 - 4 Cruises: 2-Dream (B2B), 1-Fantasy, 1-Magic
2013 - 7 Cruises (Grand Slam): 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 2-Dream (B2B), 2-Wonder (B2B)
2012 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 1-Dream (non-traditional B2B Fantasy/Dream)
2011 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 2-Dream
2010 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2009 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2003 - 1 Cruise: Wonder

Magic-7, Wonder-5, Dream-7, Fantasy-3
3 Day Cruises = 4, 4 Day Cruise = 7, 7 Day Cruises = 9, 8 Day Cruises = 2, B2B Cruises = 4, Grand Slam (4 ships 1 year) = 1 (so far)

Upcoming Cruises:
(23) 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Fantasy - 12/14
(24) 7 Night Fantasy - 10 Hawaii - Disney Wonder 2015
Justacruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:57 PM   #3
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

We decided we HAD to try the new Magic!

We also HATE to cruise out of Miami. Its so inconvenient and we all loved how easy and fresh and nice Port Canaveral was.

We also enjoy Nassau (because we go to the Blue Lagoon or snorkel) and we didn't want 2 days at Castaway (if you can believe that, we all CHOSE to go to Nassau!)

Since we had done a 3 day Dream and were amazed, we KNEW we would love a 4 day on the new Magic. It also was the only way to get BIL on board. He's not crazy about cruising but its only 4 day, how bad can it be? (he didn't care for 7 days on Carnival so we are hoping he likes DCL! He may not ever give it another shot if it doesn't like it! )

For us, it all added up to perfect. New ship, new activities (Irish pub!), Port Canaveral, and tack on some days at WDW (that are going to be fun and relaxed, not crazy 4 parks in a day like they have been the last two days!) and so our 3-4 Disney Days Plus 4 Day Magic is going to be PERFECTION!

That's how we decided! Especially if you are used to RCI's fancy big new boats, you may want to pick one of the newer ones for the upgraded technology (which the Magic will have!)

Just a thought, but any DC will be a great one!
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: