Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2013, 07:19 AM   #1
Wislodgers
Mouseketeer

Castaway Club check in

We have multiple rooms booked for an extended family trip. Some of the rooms have returning cruisers, some not. It is only our 2nd cruise. If I understand correctly, the returning cruisers will check in at the Castaway desk, the first timers at the other check in desk. My question is, my daughter is the lead on one room, her husband and grandparents are sharing the room with her. She is the only Castaway member, the rest first timers. Do they check in at the Castaway desk as a stateroom, or would she check in at Castaway and the others at the regular desk?

Just thinking ahead to everything as organized as I can! Thanks for all the help!
Wislodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:28 AM   #2
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wislodgers View Post
We have multiple rooms booked for an extended family trip. Some of the rooms have returning cruisers, some not. It is only our 2nd cruise. If I understand correctly, the returning cruisers will check in at the Castaway desk, the first timers at the other check in desk. My question is, my daughter is the lead on one room, her husband and grandparents are sharing the room with her. She is the only Castaway member, the rest first timers. Do they check in at the Castaway desk as a stateroom, or would she check in at Castaway and the others at the regular desk?

Just thinking ahead to everything as organized as I can! Thanks for all the help!
Everyone in the stateroom checks in together. Use whichever line is shorter.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2013, 07:36 AM   #3
nicolet
Double Dippin' in October!!!

We have a similiar situation. My parents and us are Castaway Cay members. But my MIL is not. Can see checkin with us in the CC members lane?

nicolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:47 AM   #4
Wislodgers
Mouseketeer

At check in does everyone in the stateroom receive lanyards or just the CC members?
Wislodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:51 AM   #5
MagicMe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wislodgers View Post
At check in does everyone in the stateroom receive lanyards or just the CC members?
Only the CC members are to receive lanyards.
Disney Fantasy - SEP12; Disney Dream/OKW - OCT11; Disney Wonder - Alaska AUG11; Disney Magic WBTA - Sep10; Disney Magic - Sep08; WL - Dec07-MVMCP; OKW - Oct/Nov06-MNSSHP; Disney Wonder - Aug06; OKW - Sept05; Disneyland - Jun04; Offsite - Dec03-MVMCP; Poly - Aug02; POR/Wonder - Aug00; POR - Jul99; And many more...

MagicMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:53 AM   #6
disneyfaninaz
It takes faith, trust & pixie dust!

Depending on your sailing, the regular check in lines may actually be shorter than the Castaway Club lines. You do not have to use the Castaway Club lines if you are returning cruiser. If the lead person is a returning member, they can check in using the Castaway Club line for the entire party in that room.
disneyfaninaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:14 AM   #7
shburks
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolet View Post
We have a similiar situation. My parents and us are Castaway Cay members. But my MIL is not. Can see checkin with us in the CC members lane?
If she is in your cabin, she goes with you in whichever line you choose. If she is booked in her own cabin, she needs to go through the regular line. In that case, you could go through the regular line with her and you both check in that way.

DCL: Fantasy: December 2014 * Magic: January 2014 * Fantasy: October 2013 * Dream: January 2013 * Fantasy: August 2012
WDW: Beach Club Apr 2014 * Coronado Springs Oct 2013 * Boardwalk Sept 2013 * Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2013 * PO French Quarter (Jan 2013, Apr 2014) * Pop Century (Aug 2012, Dec 2009) * Wilderness Lodge (Sept, 2013, Oct 2011, Sept 2010), ASMo Dec 2003, off property: 1990, 1988, 1985
Disney's Vero Beach Resort: July 2013
shburks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:32 AM   #8
nicolet

One more question!

My MIL who isn't Castaway Cay member got a PAT for 11:30 we all have 11:00 will that make a difference to us. Will she have a later boarding number? Or will the boarding numbers be handed out based on the amount of people who checked in?

Old 08-13-2013, 10:37 AM   #9
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolet View Post
One more question!

My MIL who isn't Castaway Cay member got a PAT for 11:30 we all have 11:00 will that make a difference to us. Will she have a later boarding number? Or will the boarding numbers be handed out based on the amount of people who checked in?
That means that she has her own room? If so, she will be getting a higher boarding number since she has a later PAT. It is just the next one, so won't be off by much and you can wait to board with her number. An estimate for boarding numbers to PATs is 3-8 would be assigned to the 11-11:30 PAT, 9-15 to 11:30-12 PAT, and so on.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August
Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:45 AM   #10
nicolet

She does have her own room and because this is her first time cruising I couldn't register her with us. I figured we would just go in with them at the later time which would probably be 1/2 or so later.

I didn't know if they gave boarding numbers based on the time you actually arrived at the port and checked in. We always have gone out of POM but this time we are going out of Miami.

Old 08-13-2013, 03:30 PM   #11
kiford
Mouseketeer

Because you both have relatively early PATs, it may make a difference but we usually take DCL transportation and arrive about 1-ish. I have no idea which line we go into because a CM usually directs us. Because it is so quiet at that point, there is no waiting regardless of where you go - we get directed right up to someone. IMO that's one of the benefits of getting there later. Then you get on right away, no/little line up for photos if you want them, no waiting to get to your stateroom and the restaurants are quiet.

Castaway Club or not I think only matters when the lines are long.

WDW: 1986 (off-site), 1991 (CB), 2000 (BI), 2005 (BC/BI), 2008 (BI/AKL), 2011 (BC/GF), 2012 (GF), 2013 (BC)

Me (49) Him (52)
kiford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:51 PM   #12
nicolet

Our first cruise we got to the POM around 3:00. Our flight was almost canceled. It was a nightmare! We did have our room ready but then it was almost to late to eat lunch. The buffet was almost closed and we were starving by dinner. We were first time cruisers and didnt know our way around at that time. After that experience we arrive a day early and stay the night before. I do agree that after 12:00 can be a good arrival time with no wait.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: