Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2013, 06:31 PM   #1
chinhk
Mouseketeer

Is Online Check-in a must to do?

We have just received our cruise documents last week (sailing on Sept 5th). We have read the document enclosed and know that we have to sign all the documents/forms enclosed (cruise contract, embark form and payment authorisation form).

Do we also need to do the online check-in?? Somehow
I know people get to select port arrival time via online check-in. We are travelling on concierge (Cat V) and have been told that we do not need to select a specific port arrival time. Is this true? Will online check-in skip the step of asking me to select port arrival time?
We will be staying at the Hyatt Regency the night before our cruise and plan to catch the first bus to the cruise terminal on day of embarkation (would like to maximise our time onboard).

Previous trips
24-28 June 2004 Kyriad Hotel - Disneyland Paris
22-26 Dec 2004 Newport Bay Hotel - Disneyland Paris
3-6 April 2006 Santa Fe Hotel - Disneyland Paris
18-21 Dec 2006 Cheyenne Hotel - Disneyland Paris
11-16 July 2007 Disneyland Hotel (Castle Club) - Disneyland Paris
Feb 2010 Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge - Magic Kingdom
Dec 2011 Sequoia Lodge - Disneyland Paris
4 Feb 2012 - Hong Kong Disneyland
chinhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:34 PM   #2
CatDenver
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinhk View Post
We have just received our cruise documents last week (sailing on Sept 5th). We have read the document enclosed and know that we have to sign all the documents/forms enclosed (cruise contract, embark form and payment authorisation form).

I know people get to select port arrival time via online check-in. We are travelling on concierge (Cat V) and have been told that we do not need to select a specific port arrival time. Is this true? Will online check-in skip the step of asking me to select port arrival time?
We will be staying at the Hyatt Regency the night before our cruise and plan to catch the first bus to the cruise terminal on day of embarkation (would like to maximise our time onboard).
The online check in will note that you are concierge and therefore don't need to select a PAT.

Moi DH Michael (13) Catie (10)

Disney HalloWonder Bahamian Cruise - Oct 26, 2013
Pre-trip Report The Yours Mine and Ours Mystery Tour
Trip Report We Are Family (I've got all my children with me) HalloWonder Trip Report
CatDenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:13 PM   #3
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinhk View Post

As concierge, you won't need to select at PAT. The PAT selection page is actually the last page of the online checkin system.

Boarding generally begins around 11:45, so arriving earlier than that means you will be waiting to board. Once boarding is announced, concierge guests are taken aboard first.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: