Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2013, 11:16 PM   #1
harbin
Mouseketeer

Returned From Dream on 8/4 With Respiratory Illness

Sooo, we had a fabulous three day cruise on the Dream 8/1-8/4. The second day of our cruise I noticed a runny/stuffy nose. By the last day and our flight home, I felt horrible. Cough, chills, and yucky nose. We have been back a week now, and it still lingers. Annoying cough, other than that I feel ok. Ironically I was the only one who got it. My two kids (ages 7 and 2.5), and my mom didn't get a thing, and are still well. Now we were in WDW for the six days prior so I guess I could have picked it up there too. Just wondering if anyone else came back around that time with the same crud. Here's hoping it goes away soon!
harbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 11:38 PM   #2
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

You definitely picked that up from the parks. All of that needs more than 24 hours to develop. Kids seem to be immune from a lot more than adults since they are exposed to so much more in school.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:20 AM   #3
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

I always boost myself with a bunch of those EmergenC vitamin packs in water bottles for a few days before and the drive down. I am much more sanitary hand gel crazy before meals now! Its either get up and find a restroom to wash hands or use the gel. It worked this last time twice! I think a big reason we get sick at the parks is not wanting to pay a buncha money for water bottles but I've learned that being well for the trip is better than being sick. Dehydration is a MAJOR way to get sick!

Its not a guarantee but every lil bit helps!

Also I did that before a weekend to Indiana. It must not have been enough to keep the "people soup" at bay at the water park I was at. I woke up with a sore on my leg (you know how comfortable walking half wet half dry is and I was not prepared because we went at the last minute) and it came and went for a month. 3 weeks ago we had to cut it out. I got a deep staph infection from a water park. Great. (It manifested immediately the next day ferociously and then I was able to fight it off some of the time but we are 99% sure it came from the water park due to the next morning coming out like a major infection!)

Now Im not in a hurry to go to any water parks. I'm still not healed from this thing getting cut out! It reminds me of that whenever I mow the yard or try to walk the dogs.

I HATE bugs!!!
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~

Last edited by TwinPrincessMermaids; 08-12-2013 at 08:26 AM.
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: