Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2013, 11:55 PM   #1
Nyteacherbelle
Earning My Ears

Rude cinderella. :(

Just got back from an amazing trip, and I must say, the character interaction had been fantastic. Until last night, when atthe Happily Ever After Dnner, Cinderella didnt even say hello, and quite obviously ignored the fact that my daughter had asked her a question. She looked at her when she spoke, so it doesn't appear that she didn't hear her. She signed the book, posed for a picture, and briskly moved on. All of the other characters were very interactive. My little one was so excited to meet her favorite princess, and was very hurt. Is this typical for this particular character meal? I do understand that Cindy is definitely in demand with all of the kids.
Nyteacherbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 06:07 AM   #2
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

Sometimes, I think they feel so in demand that they zone out a little. We've had to repeat questions before, etc. Maybe explain to your daughter that Cindy was worried about the mice since there was no more cheese on the buffet for them.

Really though, you are dealing with humans in these instances and sometimes they get distracted and miss things like we do. I wish you would have taken DD over to MK and gotten a fast pass for the princesses at the Town Square Theater. As I remember, Cinderella was there too. Hopefully, DD is still in love with her favorite princess and will get to see her again too!

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-11-2013, 06:14 AM   #3
Fantasmiss
DIS Veteran

It's not typical for the meal, Cinderella or any character in WDW. Cinderella's only human and she might've been distracted or something. You should've spoken to a cast member about it. I'm sure they would've made it up to your daughter, probably by letting her meet Cinderella again and made sure Cindy gave her a lot of attention!
May 2008 - WDW - All Star Sports - 2 weeks
Jan 2009 - WDW - All Star Music + All Star Movies - 2 weeks - birthday trip
Feb/Mar 2010 - DLP - Santa Fe - 6 days
Jan 2011 - WDW - All Star Movies & Pop Century - 17 days - birthday trip
May 2011 - WDW - All Star Sports - 17 days - anniversary trip
Nov 2011 - DLP - Hotel Cheyenne - 6 days
Oct/Nov 2012 - WDW - All Star Sports+Art of Animation - 3 weeks - 10th Disney Trip
Oct/Nov 2013 - WDW - All Star Sports - 25 days - birthday trip
MAR 2014 - DLP - Hotel Cheyenne - 5 days- birthday trip

MAY 2014 - WDW - ALL STAR SPORTS - 17 DAYS - ANNIVERSARY TRIP!

Fantasmiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 06:26 AM   #4
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasmiss View Post
It's not typical for the meal, Cinderella or any character in WDW. Cinderella's only human and she might've been distracted or something. You should've spoken to a cast member about it. I'm sure they would've made it up to your daughter, probably by letting her meet Cinderella again and made sure Cindy gave her a lot of attention!
I told a CM once that Daisy accidentally skipped us at Tusker House, but we really wanted to visit with her. She basically stomped back over to us, did not stand still for a picture with me, DH had to ask her to do it again, and the barely stood still for a picture with DH. She pretty much stomped away and I'm still not sure that she signed our book. We won't be visiting Tusker House for a while.

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 07:11 AM   #5
Fantasmiss
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliebug1997 View Post
I told a CM once that Daisy accidentally skipped us at Tusker House, but we really wanted to visit with her. She basically stomped back over to us, did not stand still for a picture with me, DH had to ask her to do it again, and the barely stood still for a picture with DH. She pretty much stomped away and I'm still not sure that she signed our book. We won't be visiting Tusker House for a while.
If I were you, I would've gone to Guest Relations and told them everything, I'm sure they would've done something. We LOVE Tusker House, go twice on each trip and have always had a great experience with the characters there.
May 2008 - WDW - All Star Sports - 2 weeks
Jan 2009 - WDW - All Star Music + All Star Movies - 2 weeks - birthday trip
Feb/Mar 2010 - DLP - Santa Fe - 6 days
Jan 2011 - WDW - All Star Movies & Pop Century - 17 days - birthday trip
May 2011 - WDW - All Star Sports - 17 days - anniversary trip
Nov 2011 - DLP - Hotel Cheyenne - 6 days
Oct/Nov 2012 - WDW - All Star Sports+Art of Animation - 3 weeks - 10th Disney Trip
Oct/Nov 2013 - WDW - All Star Sports - 25 days - birthday trip
MAR 2014 - DLP - Hotel Cheyenne - 5 days- birthday trip

MAY 2014 - WDW - ALL STAR SPORTS - 17 DAYS - ANNIVERSARY TRIP!

Fantasmiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:23 AM   #6
ShannonMB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If I were you, I would've gone to Guest Relations and told them everything, I'm sure they would've done something. We LOVE Tusker House, go twice on each trip and have always had a great experience with the characters there.
Wow, this thread is making me sad! I have never seen a character act in any way but totally in character, and I have to say, seeing Daisy act that way would REALLY ruin the magic for me. Cindy may have just spaced out, but Daisy was totally out of line!! I agree with the sentiment above. Someone who could really make this up to my family would be hearing about that! And if I know Disney, they would! Sorry you had a bad experience OP!

ShannonMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:30 AM   #7
Nyteacherbelle
Earning My Ears

Thanks all! We did get to meet Cindy at town hall, and again at CRT, so we did get some quality time! This was our last night, so after a week of fabulous characters, we were expecting that level of interaction, and Abby was really looking forward to saying a proper good bye, First world problems, I'm well aware! I told my girls that the step sisters were teasing Cinderella too much that night, and she was feeling a little sad about it.
Nyteacherbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:48 AM   #8
ShannonMB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyteacherbelle View Post
First world problems, I'm well aware!
Love it!

Old 08-11-2013, 09:52 AM   #9
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Old 08-11-2013, 09:55 AM   #10
JennyDrake
Darkwing Duck's Biggest Fan

Not to be callous, but if that was the only let down of your trip, you need to focus on the MANY positives.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:34 AM   #11
ShannonMB
DIS Veteran

huh, I didn't get that at all from the OP ^^^. She even prefaced it to say she had fabulous character interaction the whole trip.

I know most of us here are totally in love with Disney. I prefer to spend most, if not all, of my discretionary vacation income at Disney lately. However, this summer we had the opportunity to vacation at a well-known beach town and I was really kinda shocked at how inexpensive everything was. I found a very nice souvenir polo shirt for DH, and when I saw the price, my first thought was WOW, that would be literally twice as much at Disney! We dined 3 times on what one upscale table service meal would have cost at Disney. Don't get me wrong. I will spend what they charge to have that Disney experience - time and time again - but I expect that Disney experience while I'm there. That is not limited to, but certainly includes, characters who are glad to be there and very excited to meet my kid.

Just saying!

Old 08-11-2013, 11:53 AM   #12
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

We had a chilly Belle last trip greet us at Askerhaus, she didn't want to interact with DD 2 at all. I even have a picture that captures her lack of interest. I am holding DD and she is turned away looking in the other direction. Good thing those photos are free!

The rest of our trip had lovely interactions. I figure it's bound to happen once or twice...

me miss J my little princess (2)
BringingUpDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 01:52 PM   #13
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyDrake View Post
Not to be callous, but if that was the only let down of your trip, you need to focus on the MANY positives.
I agree. I would be bit upset, but maybe you could have said something like "Guess she is late for a date with the Prince" so that your daughter didn't focus on Cinderella's bad mood.

I know CMs are paid to do a job, and face characters should be more with it, but even they can have a bad moment. Not worth rushing to Guest Services over, imho.
Old 08-11-2013, 02:01 PM   #14
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran

One year at CRT, the only princess I got a truly happy vibe from was Jasmine. The rest seemed very cranky that day!
Old 08-11-2013, 03:18 PM   #15
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArwenMarie View Post
One year at CRT, the only princess I got a truly happy vibe from was Jasmine. The rest seemed very cranky that day!
Ditto, we had a string of less than happy Princesses at Akershus. Ironically the one great interaction was with their Cinderella, lol. Snow White was just in a bad mood and the others were fair at best. We won't be returning there.

chloelovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: