Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2014, 08:07 PM   #1
delilah18
DIS Veteran

Legoland was a blast

For anyone one the fence about Legoland our family really enjoyed it.
We had buy one get one free tickets and had so much fun.
The rides were walk on for everything, the kids got to go trick or treating and got lots of candy and fre trick or treat bags. My daughter who is 6 was able go on everything including thr coasters which she loved, and my son who is 4 could go on almost everything.
We did the all you can eat buffet which came out to about 55.00 for the 4 of us which included drinks.

Any questions feel free to ask
POR RR Oct/Nov 2013
Sheraton Vistana. October 2014

delilah18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 10:48 AM   #2
Meech Loves Mickey
Mouseketeer

How many days do you need to see everything there? Is one day enough?

What attractions would recommend for two boys ages 4 and 6? (Actually they will be almost 5 and 7 when we go in June.)

Thanks!

~ May 2014 WDW Bay Lake Tower ~ Feb 2014 Disneyland Resort (Solo Trip!) ~ May 2013 WDW Bay Lake Tower ~ Dec 2012 Disneyland & Disney California Adventure ~ May 2012 WDW Bay Lake Tower ~ Oct 2011 WDW Animal Kingdom Lodge & Dream Cruise ~ May 2011 WDW Swan ~ Dec 2010 WDW Coronado Springs ~ Sept 2009 WDW Port Orleans French Quarter ~ Oct 2008 WDW Hilton at Downtown Disney ~ Nov 2005 Disneyland ~ May 2002 WDW Off Property ~ March 2001 WDW Off Property
Meech Loves Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-07-2014, 06:56 PM   #3
delilah18
DIS Veteran

We did pretty much everything in one day and only missed a few things.
We didn't do the water park so if you want to do that maybe two days.
My kids loved all the rides, they liked the Chima ride a lot you will get wet,
Also Lost Kingdom Adventure was fun with the laser guns that you shoot targets kinda like Buzz Lightyear.
Also the Dragon Coaster my kids loved and don't miss the Pirate water ski show.
We will definitely be returning again our next trip to Florida
POR RR Oct/Nov 2013
Sheraton Vistana. October 2014

delilah18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 10:52 PM   #4
nanhol
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by delilah18 View Post
Any questions feel free to ask
We are debating a Lego land trip before our Disney trip next summer, but I haven't looked into it much at all. We are huge fans of Lego, but I don't have a sense for the target age group of Legoland. My kids will be 17, 13 & 12 at that point. They still like Legos and we love theme parks in general--but do you think the park is targeted more for younger kids?

Also, are the BOGO tickets a regular offer from Lego or a travel agency, or was that a special deal?
Old 11-09-2014, 04:33 PM   #5
pandres1
Earning My Ears

Re: Legoland was a blast

You can find BOGO ticket coupons in the back of the Lego Club magazine. It is buy an adult admission, get a child for free. You can get the magazine for free if you go to club.lego.com.
pandres1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 05:11 PM   #6
JaxDad
Earning My Ears

Hi nanhol! I would say that LEGOLAND is definitely geared toward children younger than yours. I took my 7 and 10 year-old there this past Spring, and I recall thinking that I'm glad I didn't wait much longer to take them. With that being said, though, it is still possible for the older children to have fun. The Lego creations in the middle of the park are really cool and worth a good hour of fun for all ages. There are some roller coasters that, although they lack the thrill factor, are still okay. We liked the Land of Chima water ride, and I could see older children enjoying that if they get in a good battle with the other boats. We also liked the Buzz Lightyear-like shooting ride. The 4D movie was also fun, but short. You may want to review the park website and the rides and read as many reviews as you can to glean information that is geared to older children. A trip to the Lego store in Downtown Disney may suffice (and save you a lot of time and money).

We did NOT go to the water park on our visit, since it was not open. If you are there when it is open, that may open up more fun for the older children.

I hope that helps. We had a very fun time at the park, but I am a little hesitant to provide a strong recommendation for older children. Since you are huge Lego fans, the theming and limited rides may be enough for you all.
JaxDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 05:53 PM   #7
Daldea
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by delilah18 View Post
For anyone one the fence about Legoland our family really enjoyed it. We had buy one get one free tickets and had so much fun. The rides were walk on for everything, the kids got to go trick or treating and got lots of candy and fre trick or treat bags. My daughter who is 6 was able go on everything including thr coasters which she loved, and my son who is 4 could go on almost everything. We did the all you can eat buffet which came out to about 55.00 for the 4 of us which included drinks. Any questions feel free to ask
What buffet is this?
Daldea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:41 PM   #8
nanhol
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxDad View Post
I hope that helps. We had a very fun time at the park, but I am a little hesitant to provide a strong recommendation for older children. Since you are huge Lego fans, the theming and limited rides may be enough for you all.
Thanks JaxDad! I will share your review with the kids & DH & have them check out the park online and let them decide--we do enjoy the Lego store & cool Legos at DTD, I think I'd rather have a day at Disney or just chilling at the resort rather than go to a park where they're bored! We are going in August next year, so they might enjoy the water park--for now I'm keeping it on the maybe list! I appreciate your help!
Old 11-14-2014, 09:14 AM   #9
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanhol View Post
We are debating a Lego land trip before our Disney trip next summer, but I haven't looked into it much at all. We are huge fans of Lego, but I don't have a sense for the target age group of Legoland. My kids will be 17, 13 & 12 at that point. They still like Legos and we love theme parks in general--but do you think the park is targeted more for younger kids?

Also, are the BOGO tickets a regular offer from Lego or a travel agency, or was that a special deal?
I'd say it depends on your kids personalities and how much they love LEGO. My then 14yo son is a huge fan and he loved visiting Legoland. The builds and hands on areas were a enough for him to have fun. There were a few things we couldn't do because of age but everything we could do, we did. The rides aren't thrill rides but my kids love laughing at themselves on the kiddie rides. If your kids still like to ride Dumbo and IASW and you think they'll enjoy the builds, I say go for it! I'm glad we did.
-Hope- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 02:40 PM   #10
marmalade
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandres1 View Post
You can find BOGO ticket coupons in the back of the Lego Club magazine. It is buy an adult admission, get a child for free. You can get the magazine for free if you go to club.lego.com.
Thanks!! I just signed up.
marmalade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 08:47 AM   #11
mrssmith06
DIS Veteran

We are going next week! So excited!