Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2004, 01:34 PM   #1
snowball22
Lovin' Disney
Bribes Fairies with chocolate
Would you please stop making my head hurt today?

Disney Hilton Head Resort

I am in the process of planning our next vacation for next year. I saw mentioned the Disney Hilton Head Resort. My first question is can only DVC members stay at the hotel? Also, if you have stayed there, what were your impressions? Thanks everyone.
snowball22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 03:16 PM   #2
iloveokw
DIS Veteran

Thumbs up

Anyone can stay there. It is very busy in the summer. Have wonderful cast members that work there. Lots of activities for kids and adults. We love it there.
iloveokw is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2004, 05:12 PM   #3
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

go to the DVC board for more help - there are regulars who love it
until then here is Tommy's website

http://ttowery.tripod.com/

you can also rent points for DVC hilton Head - like you do any of the WDW dVC resorts.

however my favorite resort on Hilton Head is the Marriott's Grande Ocean - it is on the ocean - DVC is on an island.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 03:14 PM   #4
chipnwendy
The Ladies Love Kasey Kahne

no restaurants

The only real problem I have read about this resort is that there is no on-site restaurant. You have to leave the resort to get any kind of sit-down meal, and although there are some really good restaurants on Hilton Head, it seems that this might become an inconvenience after a few days.
Old 03-09-2004, 04:50 PM   #5
castlegazer
Soccer Mom - no really, I am a Mom and I play soccer
Tries to be naughty, but always fails
Thinks Buzz (or Woody?) is sexy.
Official Tag Fairy Translator

Actually I have three problems with the resort, first as mentioned above, its not on the beach, the second is that its pretty small and pretty poorly located and again as mentioned above has no restaurant - but there are some close by within a short walk, and last its just not all that for a Disney property. There are much better resorts on Hilton Head. I was pretty dissapointed and I am a frequent Hiltn Head vacationer - its just not going to be at the DVC resort anymore.

07/13/12 - 07/15/12 2SN NYC Disney Magic cabin 2012 ~ ~ 04/17/11 - 04/21/11 4S Port Canaveral, Florida Disney Dream cabin 5650 ~~ 04/18/09 - 04/25/09 7-Night Caribbean Cruise Port Canaveral, Florida Disney Magic cabin 7586 ~~ 04/29/06 - 05/06/06 7-Night Caribbean Cruise Port Canaveral, Florida Disney Magic cabin 6608

castlegazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 05:19 PM   #6
Lucky4me
****!

I agree. We've been vacationing in HH for 12 years. We took the Disney tour and were not too impressed with the resort compared to where we usually stay. For the price they charge non DVCers you're better off staying at the Marriott Vacation Club.
Lucky4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 09:41 PM   #7
bobmeyersSC
Earning My Ears

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

I actually liked it. It was much smaller and "cozy" compared to the usual huge Disney resorts.

There is a beach "satellite" Disney resort area that has shuttle service to and from the main resort, it has a pool and snack bar there and is right on the beach.

I would agree with some others if you are going to stay there you would be better off renting points from a DVC owner instead of paying rack rates.

The resort only has a single 3 BR that is very hard to get a booking for. Most of the resort is 1BR and 2BR units.
Bob
bobmeyersSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:06 PM   #8
ProudMommyof2
DIS Veteran

I love, love, love the HHI Disney resort. It is not on the ocean but instead on a beautiful marsh. The beach is close by and you can either take the shuttle or drive, or we bike everyday. The pool house at the beach is awesome. The resort is laid back with tons of activities. So peaceful. There are hammocks everywhere as well as horse shoes, and bag toss games all over the resort. The pool at the resort is fun with a great slide. There are always games and activities at the pool.

No, there is no restaurant on site but several a very short walk away in Shelter Cove. If you hop in your car, there are tons with in 1-2 miles. There are over 60 miles of bike paths on the island, loads of golf and tennis and tons of on water activities like kayaking and SUP.

Ask any questions you have.

1986 Disneyland, 1988 Disneyland, August 1991- WDW Offsite, May 1997- WDW Offsite, May 2007- Wilderness Lodge, May 2009- BCV & AKV, August 2011- Poly & AKV, April 2013- WBC- Universal & WDW, July 2013 Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, April 2014- Yacht Club, July 2014 Disney's HHI Resort

ProudMommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:51 PM   #9
HopperFan
"It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess. One of those "circle of life" kind of things."

Have spent many weeks in Hilton Head; some summer, some Thanksgiving - because I have a free place to stay. My first question would be - is Hilton Head a place you are familiar with or have explored as to if it is somewhere you would enjoy? If I did not have a free place to stay, I would not be going. The island is great for golfers, tennis players, bikers and the beach - unless it rains. It has a beautiful beach and I only stay ON the beach. You are not on the beach at Disney. I'm not big on shuttling to the beach. The Disney resort is small, very woodsy in feel and as I toured I felt short on amenities. It didn't have any kind of beach feel to it - if it weren't for the marsh I would have thought we were at a mountain resort. You can walk over a small bridge to shops and eats but as with most of HH, prices are steep.

I just would suggest if you are not familiar with HH that you explore what is there and what it's feel is, it's really not a traditional beach town. Some LOVE it there (my Mom ) and some don't appreciate the feel (me ). If you already know you will enjoy the island and don't mind being on the bay side, it's worth checking in to.
2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 for "COMPLIMENTARY" Dining

Making Magical Visits since 1971 ~ now visiting 5-6 weeks per year ON PROPERTY STAYS & Our Star Rating:
Animal Kingdom Lodge 2x ~ Wilderness Lodge
Coronado Springs 8x (1xBusClass) ~ PO Riverside 5x (1xRoyal) ~ Bonnett Creek 2x ~ PO French Quarter
POP Century 15x ~ Hilton DTD 2x ~ Doubletree Suites DTD 3x ~ B Resort
All Star Movie ~ Wilderness Cabins ~ All Star Sports 3x
Caribbean Beach 2x (1xPirate) ~ All Star Music 2x
Lots of offsite, but somehow it never seems right, 'though Rosen Shingle Creek was luxury I could get used to !
HopperFan is offline   Reply With Quote