Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2013, 04:01 PM   #16
CuteAndFluffy
DIS Veteran

Location: Second Cornfield to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by starousse

Yes, we had same issue, only I made my final payment like two weeks before the trip. I just called Guest Services, explained to them that I needed some extra time and they said no problem. They had told me because I had more than the deposit down, about $2k, my reservation would NOT have been canceled. It's not an automatic cancellation, someone in the billing dept must manually go in to cancel your reservation. Disney is very good with this. This is another reason I like to book directly through Disney and not a travel agent.
Thank you! First hand experience is so valuable.

I'm undecided as to what couse I'll take. The ticket reduction/park hopper reduction might take care of most of it. Its good to hear that Guest Services is so accomodating when it comes to letting me spend my money :D

--A
CuteAndFluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:33 AM   #17
irajedi
Earning My Ears

Don't get my wrong, it is always best to pay everything ASAP. But in my experience it is a rare occurance when accounting cancels a reservation if there is at least 80% of the reservation paid by 30 days. But hey, what do I know. :P
irajedi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2013, 01:11 PM   #18
Poohs100AcreWood
Tubby little cubby all stuffed with fluff

This thread is a few days old, but I just wanted to add in what I had told to me.

I just got off the phone with them. My funds are being delayed by a few days, and I can't pay until two days after my due date. The CM told me that there was nothing she needed to do on her end, but I would be getting a "late notice" email, but to ignore it. It wasn't a big deal to pay a few days late (I only owe less than $50, so she said they definitely wouldn't cancel my reservation). She didn't mark anything on my reservation, so that made me a little nervous, but she also said 2 days would not be enough time for them to cancel anything, so my payment would hit before that.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:29 PM   #19
StuckInKS
DIS Veteran

From my experience, if a package is not paid in full then it will be automatically canceled 30 days before check in. This was in 2010 or 2011, but was my experience.
StuckInKS is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: