Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2013, 02:01 PM   #1
aliyasmomma2003
Earning My Ears

Experience with payment extension

I have never waited this long to pay off our trip but this year it just worked out that I had to wait. Now, we have reached our 45-day mark (tomorrow) and my check for the trip has not arrived. I called the issuing agency and they stated they went to direct deposit and did not have information to deposit my funds. Great. I give them the info and they say it will be there in 7-10 days. So, in the mean time, hubs will get paid his commission check late Friday and I can pay the trip off. I will then have to go somewhere to get Disney gift cards to pay the balance because he gets a paper check and our bank is physically in Texas. We are in KY, But that's beside the point. I called Disney to ask about an extension and explained the situation. The CM made a note and said there is not guarantee they will not cancel my trip.
So, my question is this: Anyone have any experience paying after the 45-day mark? Did they work with you? Did they cancel your reservation on the 45-day mark?
I am stressing out. I will never ever let hubs talk me into a trip like this again and I will not listen to the eager CM that told me on booking "don't worry, you can pay it after the 45-day mark."

Port Orleans Riverside: 2009, 2010
AllStar Music: 2011

POP Century 2013
aliyasmomma2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:23 PM   #2
jcjen519
DIS Veteran

sorry! sounds like you are stressed. i honestly don't know for sure so dont take this as fact. based on what i have read on here however, i do believe you can pay after that point. give them a call and let them know whats going on as soon as you can.

2015June6 days akv- club levelMarch- 9 days Boardwalk villas spring break 2014: December: YC CL, 12/12 dream concierge, 10 days AKV-CL July: 4 days boardwalk villas/Boardwalk Inn club level June -1 day OKW, 8 days GF RPC May - 4 days GF RPC march-April - 10 days Poly cl/ 2013: Bay Lake Tower TPV, fantasy concierge, bc cl, poly cl (2x), gf sl, vero beach resort 2012 - Vero beach resort, OKW, Poly cl (too many to count before that)
Husband, myself and 4 year old son
jcjen519 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2013, 03:48 PM   #3
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliyasmomma2003 View Post
I have never waited this long to pay off our trip but this year it just worked out that I had to wait. Now, we have reached our 45-day mark (tomorrow) and my check for the trip has not arrived. I called the issuing agency and they stated they went to direct deposit and did not have information to deposit my funds. Great. I give them the info and they say it will be there in 7-10 days. So, in the mean time, hubs will get paid his commission check late Friday and I can pay the trip off. I will then have to go somewhere to get Disney gift cards to pay the balance because he gets a paper check and our bank is physically in Texas. We are in KY, But that's beside the point. I called Disney to ask about an extension and explained the situation. The CM made a note and said there is not guarantee they will not cancel my trip.
So, my question is this: Anyone have any experience paying after the 45-day mark? Did they work with you? Did they cancel your reservation on the 45-day mark?
I am stressing out. I will never ever let hubs talk me into a trip like this again and I will not listen to the eager CM that told me on booking "don't worry, you can pay it after the 45-day mark."
If the balance isn't paid by the 45 day mark, you should receive a notification that the balance is past due. You should have until 30 days prior to pay the balance, at which time the reservation will cancel if not paid by that date.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 04:04 PM   #4
tennessee
Mouseketeer

i had one this happen one time, and the cm told me no problem when I gave them that date I would be paying, it was a week later. The balance was not a lot so I don't know if that made a difference or not. They said since so much was already paid that no way they would cancel. Also said they would email or call before if anything like that happen.
tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:45 PM   #5
irajedi
Earning My Ears

I'm a cm and I work in reservations. The agent you spoke with should not have said that because technically full payment is due on the 45 days prior to your arrival date. We are instructed to spiel that policy with every single package we book with a guest.

However, I can tell you the package will not cancel. All you have to do is give us a call tomorrow and inform us that due to unexpected circumstances you will not have payment in time and to the best of your ability, try and give us a date where we can expect full payment. This happens all the time and it has never been a problem and if the cm gives you a hard time ask to speak with a supervisor about it but that should definitely not be the case. You can't wait until the day before you arrive or anything but you should be fine as long as you let us know what to expect.
irajedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:54 PM   #6
SHISHI
Mouseketeer

I called at the 46th or 45th day (can't remember which) and explained that I had had a knee replacement 5/7 and I wanted to clear the trip with my doctor. I explained that my visit wasn't until the following Monday and the CM said "no problem, I will note your account but you will still receive a late payment email-just ignore it". When I came home from the doctor, I called and made the payment. I would just call and explain your situation. Good luck!
SHISHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:01 PM   #7
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

If you don't have it paid by the 30 day marker it will be cancelled - wont matter how much you've paid. They will call you first, but if you can't pay they won't extend it any longer.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:56 AM   #8
aliyasmomma2003
Earning My Ears

Thanks guys! That makes me feel better. We don't have much left to pay but it's going to be late regardless. I just had a stress freak out over it! With everything else booked and nonrefundable plane tickets, I was sick. However, nothing my Dis peeps and a bowls of Oreos couldn't cure. Thanks again!

Port Orleans Riverside: 2009, 2010
AllStar Music: 2011

POP Century 2013
aliyasmomma2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 12:18 PM   #9
luvthemouse71
Cries like a baby at Illuminations..

They work with you. I would recommend explaining the situation though, just to be safe. I don't they automatically cancel until the 30 day mark..
Old 08-12-2013, 07:03 PM   #10
CuteAndFluffy
DIS Veteran

Location: Second Cornfield to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by irajedi
I'm a cm and I work in reservations. The agent you spoke with should not have said that because technically full payment is due on the 45 days prior to your arrival date. We are instructed to spiel that policy with every single package we book with a guest.

However, I can tell you the package will not cancel. All you have to do is give us a call tomorrow and inform us that due to unexpected circumstances you will not have payment in time and to the best of your ability, try and give us a date where we can expect full payment. This happens all the time and it has never been a problem and if the cm gives you a hard time ask to speak with a supervisor about it but that should definitely not be the case. You can't wait until the day before you arrive or anything but you should be fine as long as you let us know what to expect.
Am I right in understanding that you might be able to get a small extension beyond the 30 days? Based on paychecks/Murphy's law, it would be best for me to pay the last little bit at 26 days out.

If thats completely out of the question, I would rather know now...

--A
CuteAndFluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:01 AM   #11
starousse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennessee View Post
i had one this happen one time, and the cm told me no problem when I gave them that date I would be paying, it was a week later. The balance was not a lot so I don't know if that made a difference or not. They said since so much was already paid that no way they would cancel. Also said they would email or call before if anything like that happen.
Yes, we had same issue, only I made my final payment like two weeks before the trip. I just called Guest Services, explained to them that I needed some extra time and they said no problem. They had told me because I had more than the deposit down, about $2k, my reservation would NOT have been canceled. It's not an automatic cancellation, someone in the billing dept must manually go in to cancel your reservation. Disney is very good with this. This is another reason I like to book directly through Disney and not a travel agent.
starousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:44 PM   #12
SharonZ
DIS Veteran

I'm not sure how much you owe on your package balance, but you can always reduce your tickets to 1-day (or 2-day, not sure what the package requirements are), and upgrade to length of stay tickets when you check in. Sometimes that reduction alone could pay off your package.
SharonZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:49 PM   #13
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

I'm a Disney TA & when I went to bat for a client I was told no worries until it gets to 30 days prior to arrival so it sounds like you will be fine! Don't stress!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:45 PM   #14
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAndFluffy View Post

Am I right in understanding that you might be able to get a small extension beyond the 30 days? Based on paychecks/Murphy's law, it would be best for me to pay the last little bit at 26 days out.

If thats completely out of the question, I would rather know now...
I wouldn't push your luck. Emails state 30 days from arrival for cancellation. It's far from the norm to go past it. At 30 days they've already given a 2 week grace period.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:48 PM   #15
darkwing818
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
I wouldn't push your luck. Emails state 30 days from arrival for cancellation. It's far from the norm to go past it.
Excellent advise, take it...
darkwing818 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: