Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2013, 11:42 AM   #1
tkitty
DIS Veteran

Got Target's Cartwheel? Good deal!

Just started using Target's new Cartwheel app. It looked like it wouldn't be woth the effort but I did pretty good combining it with other offers today.
First I took my 4 Pepsi 12 packs to the service desk (early- no line) to add match them with Fry's (Kroger) 4/$10, Had a 5% off on Pepsi products on Cartwheel, and used my Target card for another 5% off making them 4 for $9.19 after tax!. Not bad!
Then I got Angel soft tissue- $5.99 -.55 manufacturers coupon, -.50 Target online printable coupon, - 10% Cartwheel deal & - 5% for using Target card.
Got my 2 boxes of Life cereal (20% free bonus size) I had $1 off Target online coupon (now I see they used it on each box! -Score!) then each box had .75 off coupons making them $1.29 each! At the register we noticed that the box coupons had expired but he gave them to me anyways because they were on the shelf that way. Yippie!
I even noticed that they had ground beef on sale for $2.49 a pound and I saw that Cartwheel had a 5% off on that too.
I always love that Target allows multiple coupons (manuf. & Target) to be used together, and they never hastle you about them.
So thumbs up on the new Cartwheel App! Go Target!
Grew up near DL-Disneyland grad nite jr hi 1973-High school 1976 *1999 Land & Sea pkg - Contemporary/Disney*2005 First Disneyland trip with Grandson*2006 WDW Aug. POFQ*2008 Disneyland trip (first for granddaugter)*WDW-OKW & ASMu Oct 2009*Best DL trip ever May 2010* 1st MHP-DL! Oct 2011* OKW/POFQ Grandkids trip Oct 2012

tkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:55 AM   #2
MineMail
DIS Veteran

The Facebook interaction is a turn off for me. The app should only require a valid email and password.
MineMail is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2013, 02:27 PM   #3
Sleepy425
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MineMail View Post
The Facebook interaction is a turn off for me. The app should only require a valid email and password.
I thought that, too. But considering I have used it twice and saved over $10 already, I am willing to overlook that.
Storage bins are on sale this week for $5.99, and Cartwheel will give you an extra 25% off. I stocked up on them so I can get some organizing done!
Sleepy425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 03:10 PM   #4
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

I love Cartwheel, also! I got some great deals on school supplies by combining Target coupons, the Target ad, and Cartwheel.

I was also hesitant to use Cartwheel when I saw I had to use FB to log in, but you can make the settings so that Cartwheel does not post to your timeline or to your friends. Allowing it to use your FB account and check your Friends list to see who all uses Cartwheel gives you more "deals" you can have active at one time. Like you start out with 10 as the default, and as more of your friends use it, you get more "slots" -- I'm up to 16.

Coming up: Long weekend at CSR for Veterans' Day

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Claire&TheBoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 03:14 PM   #5
honeybunches
That sounds like a cat poster, but it's true

I haven't heard of this. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 08-10-2013, 04:55 PM   #6
mom2d&b
DIS Veteran

Can someone explain cartwheel please?
mom2d&b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 05:22 PM   #7
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2d&b View Post
Can someone explain cartwheel please?
It's a Target app for your smartphone. There are coupons for percentages off certain items all over the store - groceries, toiletries, paper products, baby items, furniture, clothes. There are lots of deals available at any given time, and they have expiration dates from a few days to a few weeks. Recent examples are 5% off Market Pantry milk, 15% off Nerf guns, 10% off UP&UP binders, 5% off MP flour, etc. You pick the deals you want (and the more FB friends you have that use the app, the more deals you can load), then when you get to the register, you pull up the barcode on your phone and have the cashier scan it. It takes the discounts automatically. You can stack them with Target coupons, manufacturer's coupons and your Redcard discount.

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Old 08-10-2013, 05:55 PM   #8
cjnix29
DIS Veteran

I love the app too. My only downside is that I get to the register, and then have my cartwheel, plus my mobile coupons, plus any paper coupons. Sometimes I get so crazy trying to figure it all out! All the deals in one place would be awesome! But I love the deals they post.
2005 OKW, first trip with DS
2006 WL
2007 POLYNESIAN 2008 All Star Music
2009 Surprise birthday trip for DS offsite
2009 Holidays at the World , POFQ
2010 New countertops, or Disney?....,we chose the Contemporary, Club Level MK view and the Yacht Club!
Trip Report from the most awesome trip ever! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2565514
2012 BLT
8/25/12 First Cruise on the Fantasy to celebrate over 130 pounds lost!
cjnix29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 01:14 PM   #9
Nik's Mom
Karl Pilkington is a genius

You can also print out the discount from your desktop. The print out with have the bar code. Just hand the paper over, along with your coupons.

Proud Mom to 2 boys, and wife to a great husband!
Nik's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 01:27 PM   #10
bohemian74
Earning My Ears

southern savers website is good at listing this weeks ads and how to make the most of it +cartwheel+other coupons. they usually have links if they are printable too. It's helped me be aware of some great deals.

DH Me DD (7)
DS (2) DS (2)
bohemian74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 02:57 PM   #11
Joan S.
DIS Veteran
Needs to 'fess up to DH about the next WDW trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire&TheBoys View Post
I love Cartwheel, also! I got some great deals on school supplies by combining Target coupons, the Target ad, and Cartwheel.

I was also hesitant to use Cartwheel when I saw I had to use FB to log in, but you can make the settings so that Cartwheel does not post to your timeline or to your friends. Allowing it to use your FB account and check your Friends list to see who all uses Cartwheel gives you more "deals" you can have active at one time. Like you start out with 10 as the default, and as more of your friends use it, you get more "slots" -- I'm up to 16.
Hi, How do I do this so that Cartwheel does not post to my timeline?? Thanks, Joan
Old 08-11-2013, 04:54 PM   #12
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan S. View Post
Hi, How do I do this so that Cartwheel does not post to my timeline?? Thanks, Joan
I think it was an option as I set mine up, but I can't remember for sure. I think it asked if it was OK to send notifications to FB and I said no. It also may be in settings, just not sure, sorry!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: