Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2013, 07:59 PM   #1
indyrah
Earning My Ears

Transportation from Houston to Galveston

Hello,

We're a family of 4 sailing away from Galveston on 19th October. We'll be flying to Houston (Bush airport) and then we want to rent a one way car. I checkedwith enterprise but they do not seem to rent one way car to Galveston. What are the options, apart from the very expensive Disney shuttle?
Thanks!
indyrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:27 PM   #2
Mickeyhugger
DIS Veteran

http://www.galvestoncruises.com/Menu...Transportation

Hope that helps!

Mickeyhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2013, 09:44 PM   #3
sullins5
alias the 'disneychick'

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyrah View Post
Hello,

We're a family of 4 sailing away from Galveston on 19th October. We'll be flying to Houston (Bush airport) and then we want to rent a one way car. I checkedwith enterprise but they do not seem to rent one way car to Galveston. What are the options, apart from the very expensive Disney shuttle?
Thanks!
Hi! Unfortunately, outside of Enterprise (that doesn't allow one way drop offs anymore), this has been a question for many. But there are lots of options, albeit not cheap. Here are some options:

SuperShuttle...they have vans that hold up to 10 people at $140 for one way.
Taxi...about $100 out of Houston Hobby (sorry, don't know how much out of IAH)..
Rental car for the week...
limo..there are tons to pick from (limos.com)
and I'm sure many more...

And the only way we know is because when we decided to fly due to great rates, we found ourselves in the same shape. Disney doesn't provide transfers out of Houston Hobby, so we had to find our own transportation. And if you decide to have a precruise stay, there are several hotels that will allow you to park your car for the week either free or with a slight fee.

Hope this helps!
Old 08-12-2013, 09:42 AM   #4
indyrah
Earning My Ears

I checked with Enterprise and they allow a one way drop off. The only thing is that it is more costly than a one-week rental. We will be staying at Hilton in Galveston and apparently they offer free parking for the cruise. I will confirm this info with them. I think it's the cheapest option (around 230$ for the week).
indyrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:33 AM   #5
FergusBC
DIS Veteran

Not sure if it's practical for you or not, but I've also hear you can do a one-way rental (with no drop off fee) to Texas City and then cab to Galveston.

It's about $60 for cab so depending on your logistics, may be doable. We plan on doing this to get back to the airport as we only need it the one way and I'd rather pay the cab fare than the drop off fee
Disney Wonder, Western Caribbean, November 2013 Trip Report ("Even better than the first cruise!", says 12 year old daughter )
FergusBC is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: