Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2013, 11:40 AM   #16
mommytocalliesue
Mouseketeer

We loved staying there last August!! Everyone has listed the perks...we LOVED the pool (but wouldn't stay here unless we knew we could take advantage of it...which is why we are staying at WL this time!!), loved being so close to Epcot (we went just for lunch a couple times), not far from everything else, not too spread out! We truly enjoyed our stay there...and will eventually stay again! Have fun!
mommytocalliesue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:56 PM   #17
monica9
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the posts! We can't wait!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-11-2013, 12:39 PM   #18
karensi
Taking grandchildren to WDW will be a magical experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Here is the info from the Beach & Yacht Club FAQ- According to this it is a campfire sing-along, but you know, I have never heard anyone mention the singing.

It is just marshmallows and sticks (supplied by the resort, I believe), so for smores you need to bring your own chocolate and graham crackers.

A Campfire Sing-Along and Marshmallow Roast is held nightly on the beach in front of SAB. According to recent reports, marshmallows and sticks are provided but if you want to make 'smores you need to bring your own chocolate and graham crackers. I believe these items are available for purchase at the BC Marketplace.

Following the campfire nightly is "Movies Under the Stars".

Thanks for the photos kldmom2000 and JanetMom

Campfire time for August is 7:30 PM. Movie follows at 9:00 PM.

Movies by the Beach August 2013 Schedule,

Sun- The Incredibles (PG)
Mon- Lilo and Stitch (PG)
Tues- Toy Story 3 (G)
Wed- Tangled (PG)
Thurs- Enchanted (PG)
Fri- Brother Bear(G)
Sat- The Game Plan (PG)

Movie will be moved inside to the Solarium in the event of inclement weather.
Thank you sooo much natebenma, just the info I was looking for.

Karen
Old 08-14-2013, 02:42 PM   #19
hedberg1661
DIS Veteran

BC is my favorite place to stay at WDW for multiple reasons.

1. Proximity to Epcot (Walk) and DHS (Boat)...both beat a bus any day!
2. Pool: Best pool on property...well minus the water parks themselves!
3. Great Dining Options: If you like to eat well as I do...you can make easy reservations at Epcot (anywhere will do), Boardwalk Area (Flying Fish a personal favorite), and don't forget one of the best and unappreciated restaurants on property the Yachtsman Steakhouse. If you like steak this is your spot.

As far as lack of counter service/food options I am not sure if everyone noticed but Epcot is a 2 minute walk away and they have plenty of food options. If you want something different...take a stroll towards that big silver ball in the sky and I am sure you will find something.

Also, if you drive this is a great resort to DRIVE to Downtown Disney (DTD). Instead of waiting for the worst bus route on property just drive yourself. Easier to put your packages in the car as you go instead of hauling them around DTD.

Let me know what you think!
hedberg1661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:07 PM   #20
monica9
Mouseketeer

I can't wait! We might do one more sit down dinner out of pocket. We were thinking yachtsman or flying fish.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:43 AM   #21
monica9
Mouseketeer

Does BC offer gluten free food options at their counter service? Also, I keep calling to add another day. We have a package promotion for garden view and looking to add a day on at the end of our trip but they don't have a garden view room for that day. I would have to upgrade for one night to a lagoon view and since its a separate package, not be able to get the dining plan included. What are the chances that they will have our room available for that extra night when we get there and be able to add it onto our promotion deal?
Old 09-10-2013, 11:35 AM   #22
herb102211
DIS Veteran

There are many reasons we love the Beach Club! For one, it's within walking distance to HS and Epcot which are the parks we primarily go to (other than MK).
Stormalong Bay is the best pool on Disney property, IMO.

You also have the Boardwalk to hangout at during the evening when you come back from the parks. We really like the ambiance of the BC too.
We've also stayed at Beach Club Villas, Boardwalk Villas , Pop Century, Bay Lake Tower, Art of Animation, Boardwalk and Old Key West and the Beach Club is in our top 2 (other being the Boardwalk).

It's a great resort, especially during the Christmas season. Enjoy!

*Food, Wine & Christmas Time..A November 2012 TR*
Wining & Dining Around the World~ An October '13 TR
5/08- Offsite, 5/09- Pop Century, 11/09 (engagement!)- Pop Century, 3/10- Pop Century/Disney Wonder 4 Nt Bahamas, 9/10- Pop Century, 3/11- Beach Club/ Disney Dream 3 Nt Bahamas, 5/11- Beach Club, 10/11- (Disneymoon) Beach Club, 12/11-Beach Club 3/12- BCV/BLT , 5/12- BCV/OKW/BLT, 9/12-BWV/BCV/BLT/AoA, 11/12- BCV 2/13- BCV/OKW, 4/13-BWV, 9/13- BWV, 10/13- Yacht Club , 2/14- BWV, 4/14- BWV/WL, 7/14- Yacht Club-CL, 10/14- Yacht Club
Me (28) DH (28)
herb102211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:19 PM   #23
Dizzytime
DIS Veteran

We LOVE the BC, and for us is boils down to location. So spoiled by the short walk to WS especially, with all the wonderful atmosphere and great restaurants.
So nice being close to BW, that's almost like another park to us, and we also appreciate occasionally using the path to walk to HS.
Of course, it's a BEAUTIFUL resort with a wonderful pool and lots of great features, but it's the location that makes the difference for us.
Wherever you stay, sure hope you have a great time!

Dizzytime is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: