Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2013, 02:27 PM   #1
dtgunter
Earning My Ears

Our first Disney Cruise!

My first post to the forums! Yay!

My family is gearing up for our first Disney Cruise!

Myself, my wife, our two daughters (one 14 year old and one 4 year old) and my mother-in-law and father-in-law are excited about the trip.

Depart 8/22/13 on the Disney Dream.

We got two staterooms using the VGT rate and just found out today that we got two Category 4C rooms on Deck 7!

If anyone is going on the same cruise, I hope you have a great time and maybe we'll see you.

Cheers!
dtgunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:36 PM   #2
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Here is the thread for your cruise meet.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2983130

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2013, 02:58 PM   #3
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Welcome to the addiction.

You need to look up those posts that have tips for first time cruisers or what you would do or would not do. I missed a few things (but we STILL did so much!)
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:36 PM   #4
dtgunter
Earning My Ears

Thank you!

Thank you, lbgraves, for the link!

And thank you, TwinPrincessMermaids, for the info. There is so MUCH information on here!
dtgunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:52 PM   #5
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

It's coming up so fast! Must be nice! Our cruise was like that.

We went to Blue Lagoon AND LOVED IT! The animal encounters were lifetime memorable.

Anyone who wants can dress as pirates, it's fun! You don't have to if you don't want to.

If you bring your own masks goggles etc you can snorkel at Castaway for free. There are fun hermit crab races and activities on the island too.

The Golden Mickey was our favorite show and we almost missed it cuz it was the first day.

You may or may not know that you can bring on board any beverages of any kind and quantity as long as you carry them on board and they can fit through a security scanner. (no coolers and can't go into checked luggage)

Make sure all your travel document ORIGINALS are ready RIGHT NOW! Can't be copies or expired passports etc. I pack them before I pack anything else. They go into my boarding bag and it sits on the kitchen table and I say 'hi' mentally to it every day and then the night before we leave, it goes into the vehicle packed before anythign else is put in the vehicle.

Travel documents and medicines are THE most important things to pack. Everything else need not stress because you can pick it up close to port if need be.

Don't forget that the DDs can wear Tiaras if they want to! We wore them to dinner every night that wasn't pirate night. Everywhere we went, they called us 'princess'. it's SO fun! I Can't wear a tiara to work! (or can i...)

You can also order off the kids menu things like Mickey ice cream bars!

I hope that helps! You guys are in for a super magical treat.
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: