Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-01-2013, 03:04 PM   #61
Surfinpiratee
DIS Veteran
 
Surfinpiratee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,400

Aren't they supposed to be released on September 21st in vera Bradley stores as well??
__________________
Trip Report: WAIT. IS THAT THE SWALPHIN?!

Next Disney Vacation in the works!


Current PTR: We must return to the magic!
Surfinpiratee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:27 PM   #62
ldoogie
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfinpiratee View Post
Aren't they supposed to be released on September 21st in vera Bradley stores as well??
Everything I have read says the parks and Disney online store only.
ldoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-01-2013, 04:11 PM   #63
snausman
Mouseketeer
 
snausman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Georiga
Posts: 349

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfinpiratee View Post
Aren't they supposed to be released on September 21st in vera Bradley stores as well??
If it is anything like DB it will be at the parks and on line only No VB stores or outlets.

Laura
__________________
***Aug. 29 - Sept. 2, 2014 Port Orleans French Quarters***Sept. 12 - 21, 2014 Contemporary Club Level***Oct. 23 - 29, 2014 BoardWalk Inn Club Level***Dec. 10 - 15, 2014 BoardWalk Inn Club Level***Jan. 15 - 19th 2015 Disneyland Hotel Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend***Feb. 18 - 24th 2015 Contemporary Resort Princess Half Marathon Weekend***

All the Wonderful Places we have stayed
***Grand Floridian***Polynesian***Contemporary***BoardWalk Inn***Yacht Club***Beach Club***Wilderness Lodge***Disney Inn (now Shades of Green)***Port Orleans French Qtr.***Port Orleans Riverside***Dolphin***Swan***Pop Century***
snausman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:16 PM   #64
LJONES1102
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 13

Where will the VB bags be sold?

Has anyone seen information on which stores will carry the VB bags?
LJONES1102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:54 AM   #65
SuperDan523
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 149

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJONES1102 View Post
Has anyone seen information on which stores will carry the VB bags?
As far as I've seen, they will premiere at World of Disney. I'd imagine they would eventually be available at Tren-D and some of the park stores, but not right away.
SuperDan523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:04 AM   #66
ldoogie
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 108

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDan523 View Post

As far as I've seen, they will premiere at World of Disney. I'd imagine they would eventually be available at Tren-D and some of the park stores, but not right away.
We are going to DTD the night we arrive(Goofy Candy co is first on our list!), Oct 18, so I will check World of Disney then.
ldoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:56 PM   #67
shannon006
DIS Veteran
 
shannon006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 726

Does anyone here think that they will sell out on the first day? I will be in WDW on release day, but may not be able to go to DTD until 9/22.
__________________
Offsite 1995,,2000,2002,2009, CBR 1995, CR 1995,ASMO 1998,AKL 2010, POP 1/12, POP 5/12 POP 9/13 AKV 1/14 CSR 12/14
shannon006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 04:33 PM   #68
ldoogie
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 108

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon006 View Post
Does anyone here think that they will sell out on the first day? I will be in WDW on release day, but may not be able to go to DTD until 9/22.
I'm starting to think so bc I read there are several auctions on eBay already. Looks like sellers will be buying them up. You would think Disney would limit them but maybe not. If you go on release day will you post an update? I'm curious to see how it is.
ldoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:48 PM   #69
Mom2Stitch
Mouseketeer
 
Mom2Stitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Too far from the Mouse!!
Posts: 378

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldoogie View Post
I'm starting to think so bc I read there are several auctions on eBay already. Looks like sellers will be buying them up. You would think Disney would limit them but maybe not. If you go on release day will you post an update? I'm curious to see how it is.
That stinks! We will be there on the 21st, but not able to get to DTD until the next day at the very earliest. I've never wanted a purse worse than I want this hipster or mini!
__________________


2001 ASMo, 2002 POR, 2003-2008 Poly, 2009 POFQ, 2010 Poly, 2011 CSR, 2012 CSR,2013 CSR
Mom2Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:17 PM   #70
ldoogie
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Stitch View Post

That stinks! We will be there on the 21st, but not able to get to DTD until the next day at the very earliest. I've never wanted a purse worse than I want this hipster or mini!
Look on ebay, all the presales are nuts and irritate me honestly lol
ldoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:38 PM   #71
shannon006
DIS Veteran
 
shannon006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 726

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldoogie View Post
Look on ebay, all the presales are nuts and irritate me honestly lol
I would hope there would be a limit.I will be very disappointed if we get there and are completely sold out
__________________
Offsite 1995,,2000,2002,2009, CBR 1995, CR 1995,ASMO 1998,AKL 2010, POP 1/12, POP 5/12 POP 9/13 AKV 1/14 CSR 12/14
shannon006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:44 PM   #72
mrssam
Mouseketeer
 
mrssam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Castle Rock, Colorado
Posts: 88

Oh this makes me so nervous and sad.

I really hope they set a limit or have plenty of stock ready to go so there will still be some when we get there in mid-October.
__________________

WDW
October 1986
July 1990
April 1998
January 2002
October 2013 *CANNOT WAIT*
It has been TOO LONG!!!!

Proud Stay at Home Mommy to 2 Awesome Kids!
mrssam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:56 AM   #73
tefarrel
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3

Well now that we know...

Can't we do something about it???

If this many of us know and realize the mess it could be if people can just buy everything, there should be some number/service that we can contact letting them know that people are looking to take advantage.

I'm not even talking about eBay sellers... I'm saying that if there are no limits that it can't prevent someone from buying everything and then selling them out of their trunk in the parking lot.

Only reason I am a little touchy about this is because my mother just went through this at the American Girl warehouse sale... she waited in line and the ebay resellers were first and spent hours in there buying everything they could...

It's just ridiculous
tefarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:12 AM   #74
tefarrel
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3

Update

I posted this on an official Disney blog about the bag event - I did it because the author (Steve something) was responding to comments. This is what I posted.

Based on a post from the DisBoards last night, I headed over to eBay and just searched Disney Vera Bradley… I was a little upset to see at least 3 different people already doing pre-sales on auction with a pretty hefty markup, claiming they would be there on that day buying everything up.

Now my mother dealt with this not 2 months ago at an American Girl Doll warehouse sale and she got shut out for 3 hours by the eBay retailers, taking their time and buying everything. It was such a horrible experience and I don’t want to do that again. The people in line that were there for themselves, or god forbid, children stood and waited for hours while a handful of greedy upsellers took their time and shut them all out.

In conversations we have said “well of course Disney will do it better”, but now I’m getting scared… I mean if you are going to allow these retailers to just come in and buy everything in the store, then there is nothing to stop them from going straight out to the parking lot and selling them out of their trunks at whatever markup their heart desires.

Now my question is, were we correct? I mean I am assuming that you haven’t released details of the Sept. 21st event because you are still finalizing plans… if that is the case, then I hope you take this information into consideration.



My post was deleted, never even posted. I'm not sure why - I just tried again, with a much smaller post... we'll see if anything happens
tefarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:40 PM   #75
podgirl
Earning My Ears
 
podgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tefarrel View Post
I posted this on an official Disney blog about the bag event - I did it because the author (Steve something) was responding to comments. This is what I posted.

Based on a post from the DisBoards last night, I headed over to eBay and just searched Disney Vera Bradley… I was a little upset to see at least 3 different people already doing pre-sales on auction with a pretty hefty markup, claiming they would be there on that day buying everything up.

Now my mother dealt with this not 2 months ago at an American Girl Doll warehouse sale and she got shut out for 3 hours by the eBay retailers, taking their time and buying everything. It was such a horrible experience and I don’t want to do that again. The people in line that were there for themselves, or god forbid, children stood and waited for hours while a handful of greedy upsellers took their time and shut them all out.

In conversations we have said “well of course Disney will do it better”, but now I’m getting scared… I mean if you are going to allow these retailers to just come in and buy everything in the store, then there is nothing to stop them from going straight out to the parking lot and selling them out of their trunks at whatever markup their heart desires.

Now my question is, were we correct? I mean I am assuming that you haven’t released details of the Sept. 21st event because you are still finalizing plans… if that is the case, then I hope you take this information into consideration.

My post was deleted, never even posted. I'm not sure why - I just tried again, with a much smaller post... we'll see if anything happens
I sure hope there's a limit too. A friend of mine had a similar experience trying to buy a Starbucks mug with the name of the State he was visiting on it. The store was sold out because the day before one person had come in and bought all 12 of them to sell on Ebay.
__________________
Dec '09-POFQ, July '11- DLR, Aug '12-POR, Dec '13-POR, Aug '14-Pop (mother/son trip), Dec '14-CSR (family trip, thanks Dad!)
podgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: