Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2013, 06:49 AM   #46
JennaWest
Mouseketeer

New Prices

There is a personal shopper who has a really good website for this information and hold your breath!! The prices have actually been lowered!?!? say what! It is Disney no way lol but yes it is true...

Backpack $99.00
Tote $99.00
Duffel $99.00
Hipster $70.00
Mini Hipster $60.00
Smart Phone Wristlet $55.00
Cosmetic Case $35.00
ID Case $15.00

I am after the hipster it was 99 now 70 woot woot!!

WDW many times from 1994-1998 with family, December 2005 Allstar sports, September 2008 1st DVC stay split AKV w/ safari tour/ BCV! January 2010 Pop Century, January 2011 AKV Kidani September 2011 Labor Day Weekend OKW? September 25-27 2013 Beach Club Villas & Animal Kingdom Villas Club level!!
JennaWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:12 AM   #47
Bella the Ball 360
Keyboarding is not my thing excuse typos.
I am going to have to sew "whoopie pie" pockets on the hips of my jeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
The more I thought of it... The more I believe that the poster that said she saw them in the magic kingdom was mistaken.

He/ she saw the Dooney bags... Not the Vera Bradley.

That would explain the $200 price tags

The Bradley bags aren't due till next month and there isn't much mentioned of them on a google search since march. I'm sure if
They were
Available it wouldn't be difficult to find the pricing or pictures.

Perhaps the normal price or close to it will be more
Realistic
I think might have been the one who said they were in MK and were 200 but that is what the SALESPERSON at my Vera Bradley retail store told ME! I saw them in photos at MK. I think that some of the VB regional managers were given a preview of them at MK.
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2013, 08:17 AM   #48
Bella the Ball 360
Keyboarding is not my thing excuse typos.
I am going to have to sew "whoopie pie" pockets on the hips of my jeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaWest View Post
There is a personal shopper who has a really good website for this information and hold your breath!! The prices have actually been lowered!?!? say what! It is Disney no way lol but yes it is true...

Backpack $99.00
Tote $99.00
Duffel $99.00
Hipster $70.00
Mini Hipster $60.00
Smart Phone Wristlet $55.00
Cosmetic Case $35.00
ID Case $15.00

I am after the hipster it was 99 now 70 woot woot!!
So I am guessing that the information I was given was true at the time. I asked if they might ever be available at the outlet and they said no but honestly they will be. Those prices look exactly like the regular VB prices for the same items. I know that is the retail price of the non Disney backpack.
Originally they were going to charge more. I wonder if VB had some input. After all I can pin a mickey to my VB and voila...disney vb for less money. They are really not that unique. IMHO vB is starting to lose business b/c they have been giving 50% off the OUTLET price and many of the current prints can be found in the outlet.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:27 PM   #49
vacation_junkie
Have Suitcase...will Travel :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer UK View Post
Hi I have a couple of questions

1) Does anyone have any idea how much these will cost? Just roughly, nothing specific needed!

2) Are they the kind of thing to sell out - or would they still be around in May when I'm at WDW...
- Backpack $99.00
- Cosmetic Case $35.00
- Duffle $99.00
- Hipster $70.00
- ID Case $15.00
- Mini-Hipster $60.00
- Smart Phone Wristlet $55.00
- Tote $99.00

Google Vera Bradley Disney collection. Lots of pictures and info
Family Adventures Miami/Ft Lauderdale/Cocoa Beach/Daytona/ Texas/ St Thomas USVI/ Cuba/ Belize/ Jamaica/ Bahamas/ St Maarten/ Cozumel/ Costa Maya/Puerto Vallarta/ Honduras /Dominican Republic / Cayman Islands & Many...MANY Disney Land trips & Most recently Sailed the Disney Magic[/FONT][/SIZE]
vacation_junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:29 PM   #50
vacation_junkie
Have Suitcase...will Travel :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella the Ball 360 View Post

So I am guessing that the information I was given was true at the time. I asked if they might ever be available at the outlet and they said no but honestly they will be. Those prices look exactly like the regular VB prices for the same items. I know that is the retail price of the non Disney backpack.
Originally they were going to charge more. I wonder if VB had some input. After all I can pin a mickey to my VB and voila...disney vb for less money. They are really not that unique. IMHO vB is starting to lose business b/c they have been giving 50% off the OUTLET price and many of the current prints can be found in the outlet.
The Disney parks blog has tones of pictures
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...ember-21-2013/
Family Adventures Miami/Ft Lauderdale/Cocoa Beach/Daytona/ Texas/ St Thomas USVI/ Cuba/ Belize/ Jamaica/ Bahamas/ St Maarten/ Cozumel/ Costa Maya/Puerto Vallarta/ Honduras /Dominican Republic / Cayman Islands & Many...MANY Disney Land trips & Most recently Sailed the Disney Magic[/FONT][/SIZE]
vacation_junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:13 AM   #51
MinnieLee
DIS Veteran

I had read that the Vera Bradley bags would be released in the fall and only available at WDW - not any stores that carry VB or outlets. They were only out for "display" during the Flower & Garden. The bags on Main Street are the Dooney & Burke and, yes, are expensive and definitely out of my price range.

There is a web site - http://www.disney-world-personal-shopper.com/ that will take your order, with a $50 deposit and pick up the bag(s) for you. I guess they feel that these are going to become really popular. Hope VB is ready for the demand.

My first purchase in October will be one of these bags. Can't wait!

Does anyone know if our discount (AP, DVC) will apply?

MinnieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:02 PM   #52
Crazie4daMouse
Mouseketeer

Copied from the Disney Parks Blog:

I have wonderful news to share for Disney and Vera Bradley fans. You may recall we announced in March that a new Disney collection by Vera Bradley was coming this fall to select locations at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts. Since that article was published, many guests have asked my fellow Disney Parks Blog authors and me for an exact date. Today, Im happy to share an official answer! Please mark your calendars for September 21, 2013, as this is the first day the new collection will be available at the Walt Disney World Resort! For this initial collection, we will be introducing two new vibrant designs created especially for Disney Parks. As Vera Bradley is known for naming their designs, the pink color is titled Just Mousing Around, while the black color is called Midnight with Mickey. These colors will be seen on several popular Vera Bradley styles including backpacks, cosmetic bags, duffel bags, totes, and more.
For guests in Florida, we will be holding a special release party on Saturday, September 21, at the World of Disney in Downtown Disney Marketplace. The event will begin at 7:30 a.m., and will feature the first opportunity to purchase items from this new collection.

In California, guests can find these new items starting Monday, September 23, in select locations at the Disneyland Resort.

If you are unable to visit Disney Parks, we will be releasing the Disney Collection by Vera Bradley on the Disney Parks online store starting in October 2013.
Crazie4daMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 04:14 PM   #53
darnheather
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieLee View Post
I had read that the Vera Bradley bags would be released in the fall and only available at WDW - not any stores that carry VB or outlets. They were only out for "display" during the Flower & Garden. The bags on Main Street are the Dooney & Burke and, yes, are expensive and definitely out of my price range.

There is a web site - http://www.disney-world-personal-shopper.com/ that will take your order, with a $50 deposit and pick up the bag(s) for you. I guess they feel that these are going to become really popular. Hope VB is ready for the demand.

My first purchase in October will be one of these bags. Can't wait!

Does anyone know if our discount (AP, DVC) will apply?
I want this job!
Old 08-26-2013, 01:05 PM   #54
emilily88
So fetch.

Definitely like these designs better than the Dooney!

WDW 2000, 2002
High School Musical Kansas premiere 2007
Lion King Gazelle Tour 2013
emilily88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:07 PM   #55
snausman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilily88 View Post
Definitely like these designs better than the Dooney!
I agree, do not care for the new designs for DB.

Laura
***Aug. 29 - Sept. 2, 2014 Port Orleans French Quarters***Sept. 12 - 21, 2014 Contemporary Club Level***Oct. 23 - 29, 2014 BoardWalk Inn Club Level***Dec. 10 - 15, 2014 BoardWalk Inn Club Level***Jan. 15 - 19th 2015 Disneyland Hotel Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend***Feb. 18 - 24th 2015 Contemporary Resort Princess Half Marathon Weekend***

All the Wonderful Places we have stayed
***Grand Floridian***Polynesian***Contemporary***BoardWalk Inn***Yacht Club***Beach Club***Wilderness Lodge***Disney Inn (now Shades of Green)***Port Orleans French Qtr.***Port Orleans Riverside***Dolphin***Swan***Pop Century***
snausman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:45 AM   #56
baseballmickey
DDC #644

some bloggers have teamed up to give away a Vera Bradley bag! Winner chooses the print and type of bag!

vera-bradley-giveaway

good luck!

Numerous Trips as a kid from 1974-1993. WDWCP MK Custodial Spring '94. Off Property, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001. Land/Sea @ ASMR/Wonder 2002. CBR 2003. POR 2006. Off Property 2007. DVC @ SSR since 2007.. SSR 2008, 2009.. BWV March 2010. SSR December 2010.
BLT/DCL Dream/BCV July/August 2012
DISDad #644
I'm Going Away... FOREVER! Oh, Great! Could You Get Me a Sandwich? A TR In Progress
My First Trip Report - Escape from New York, Dec 26, 2010 - Jan 1, 2011 - COMPLETED!
Our Disney Blog: "Home is Where the Mouse is"

Treguna Mekoides and Trecorum Satis Dee
baseballmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:26 PM   #57
SofieMouseketeer
Earning My Ears

These Vera bags are adorable! I need to get one before my trip!
SofieMouseketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:37 PM   #58
philcata
Earning My Ears

Hipsters

I wish these would come in the Little Hipster. The Hipster is too big & the Mini Hipster is too small. What's a girl to do?! I want one so bad, I cannot wait to buy one. I just have to decide which one to get.
philcata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:27 PM   #59
katieg999
Earning My Ears

I am in danger...I LOVE Vera Bradley...

I am in danger...I LOVE Vera Bradley...I had no idea they would be at Disney :>
katieg999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:55 PM   #60
ldoogie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by philcata View Post
I wish these would come in the Little Hipster. The Hipster is too big & the Mini Hipster is too small. What's a girl to do?! I want one so bad, I cannot wait to buy one. I just have to decide which one to get.
Yes ITA, I want the Little Hipster too. I'm not super crazy about the prints so I may just go to the outlet instead. Going to decide once I see them in person.
ldoogie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: