Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2013, 10:02 AM   #91
Luv0fDisney
DIS Veteran

I hope they don't knock down the entire imagination building. But i wouldn't say no to bringing back Dream finder and figment if it was possible. Inside the top of the pyramid is a conference room i think where the old ride was. Not 100% sure though.

I really think they should redo the ride to be for all ages and no just a kiddy version. I know there are still many adults that love the purple sand orange dragon like creature.
Old 11-23-2013, 05:46 PM   #92
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
There is a report out that Nikon is now the Official Camera Company for both Disneyland and Disney World. Is it possible that they may also pick up the sponsorship of the Imagination Pavilion?!

Check out this link http://blog.wdwinfo.com/2013/11/19/e...nd-disneyland/
One can wish!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterCricket View Post
I say this only due to someone else bringing it up (@YoPaulieNJ)and it is a rumor forum afterall...

Jason Grandt (@43squaremiles) who officialy brought back the "Orange Bird" has been drawing a lot of Figment doing odd stuff lately (like playing with a puppy??) exactly like he did for the bird before it was re-released. Of course he can't say anything about official stuff, but that is the sort of thing he does. Also posting comments like, "I just can't get enough of Epcot lately" on a nice photo of that pavilion goes in that direction somewhat. Only time will tell I suppose.

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
SueM in MN is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2013, 06:51 PM   #93
pitterpint23
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv0fDisney
I hope they don't knock down the entire imagination building. But i wouldn't say no to bringing back Dream finder and figment if it was possible. Inside the top of the pyramid is a conference room i think where the old ride was. Not 100% sure though.

I really think they should redo the ride to be for all ages and no just a kiddy version. I know there are still many adults that love the purple sand orange dragon like creature.
They also grow some of the food for the restaurants in the land building in there. I went to my cp graduation there .
pitterpint23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 07:08 PM   #94
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitterpint23 View Post
They also grow some of the food for the restaurants in the land building in there. I went to my cp graduation there .
The Land and Imagination are two separate pavilions. The food is grown in The Land pavilion, where Soarin' and "Living With The Land" are. The latter takes you through where they grow things. They are served at the Garden Grill in the same building.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:10 PM   #95
King Triton
DIS Veteran

They might as well knock down the building since The Imagination ride is no where near as enjoyable as the original with Dreamfinder. Disney should have left that classic ride alone.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:42 PM   #96
pugdog
DIS Veteran

So this rumor is shot down. I am currently standing in front of the building. There are no bulldozers knocking anything down. In fact the current wait time is 5 minutes.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:54 AM   #97
hedberg1661
DIS Veteran

I am not sure they would level the building. With one other pavilion basically empty/dormant with no future plans I can't see them doing this. Having said that...I would love to see them take this pavilion offline for say 6 months for some much needed changes. Captain EO was "revolutionary" at the time but this is the 21st century...we need to move on. The figment journey is quite sad by today's standards. While I believe Figment should always be a character in Epcot it may be time to re-imagine him with some pixie dust and create an entirely new experience.

Also, keep in mind that Disney just spend a small fortune on Magic Bands and Star Wars. They clearly see a revenue stream with these two products while the Imagination pavilion has only minimal upside.
1990's-2006 - Multiple trips ...mostly to BC, 2010 - BC, July 2012 - AKL, BLT, December 2012 - BC, April 2013 - DL, DCA Offsite, July 2013 - BLT, December 2013 - BC, July 2014 - BLT, October 2014 - S&D, 2014-15? - DCL, BC?

And as always: Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

hedberg1661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:59 PM   #98
polineedyan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugdog View Post
So this rumor is shot down. I am currently standing in front of the building. There are no bulldozers knocking anything down. In fact the current wait time is 5 minutes.
lol..the irony is pretty stark.lol..maybe they are just down the way with the bulldozers..
Old 12-06-2013, 01:09 PM   #99
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by polineedyan View Post
lol..the irony is pretty stark.lol..maybe they are just down the way with the bulldozers..
Maybe it's just a very large scrim that makes it look like the building is still there...
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:26 PM   #100
pugdog
DIS Veteran

Could be the people I saw walking into the building were bulldozer drivers, or better yet maybe it's a new bulldozer ride?
Old 12-08-2013, 08:37 AM   #101
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional

I rode Figment on 12/6 with about 30 friends. There was a line out to the front door with guests waiting to ride.
safetymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:42 AM   #102
beer dave
There are 10 kinds of people in the world-- those who understand the binary numbering system, and those who do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by safetymom View Post
I rode Figment on 12/6 with about 30 friends. There was a line out to the front door with guests waiting to ride.
were you and your friends chanting? lol

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: